2023 Provincial championships Draw

Started by Blowitupref, October 11, 2022, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2022, 11:48:17 PM
I'm a strong advocate of the abolishment of the provincials but the back door sorta negates the reasons for it. A 32-team system should have 8x4, instead of 12/9/6/5 and then some kind of evening out.

There are too many people in good jobs provincially and that's understandable.

Which county would be throw out of Ulster?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FermGael

Quote from: armaghniac on October 18, 2022, 10:05:22 PM
I'm a strong advocate of the abolishment of the provincials but the back door sorta negates the reasons for it. A 32-team system should have 8x4, instead of 12/9/6/5 and then some kind of evening out.

Tyrone.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

It would have to be geographical. Connacht would get
1 xUlster and 2x Leinster so probably Cavan, Longford and Westmeath
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Ye do realise a proposal for 4 eights was (rightfully) thrown out by around 90% of Congress last year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on October 19, 2022, 10:10:40 AM
Ye do realise a proposal for 4 eights was (rightfully) thrown out by around 90% of Congress last year.

Leinster championship would be a great championship if Dublin wasn't in it. Likewise with Kerry in Munster.

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on October 19, 2022, 08:57:54 AM

Cavan is ulster.

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on October 20, 2022, 07:14:46 AM

Cavan is ulster.

Unfortunately

Rossfan

Will those 3 or 4 teams with genuine designs on Sam take the Provincials very seriously?
I know winning them gives you perks (1st seed, 1st game at home) but 3 or 4 weeks without intense knock out games v neighbours might leave them in better shape for the AI series.
Thoughts?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on October 20, 2022, 09:19:12 AM
Quote from: Itchy on October 20, 2022, 07:14:46 AM

Cavan is ulster.

Unfortunately

Yes I suppose it is unfortunate, your county may have won a few more Ulsters if we werent.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on October 20, 2022, 09:50:38 AM
Will those 3 or 4 teams with genuine designs on Sam take the Provincials very seriously?
I know winning them gives you perks (1st seed, 1st game at home) but 3 or 4 weeks without intense knock out games v neighbours might leave them in better shape for the AI series.
Thoughts?
Dublin and Kerry will stay in second gear as per. The Ulster teams? None of them can afford yo turn their noses up a a provincial title. Going on last year Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan have tons of improving to do before thinking of winning an all ireland. Derry will want to prove last year wasnt a flash in the pan. Obviously for Armagh it's been far too long since we've done anything in Ulster so again it has to be our number one priority. Am I right in saying that Cavan need to make the Ulster final to avoid the Tailteann?

The only province you might see teams taking it easy is Connacht. The big 3 have all won their fair share of provincials in recent years so may try to prime themselves for the AI.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on October 19, 2022, 11:36:24 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 19, 2022, 10:10:40 AM

Leinster championship would be a great championship if Dublin wasn't in it. Likewise with Kerry in Munster.
True. A bit like a few years back when Dublin were dominating the all ireland- there were a lot of teams in the pack capable of giving each other a game.

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 20, 2022, 11:07:43 AM
Thoughts?
Dublin and Kerry will stay in second gear as per. The Ulster teams? None of them can afford yo turn their noses up a a provincial title. Going on last year Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan have tons of improving to do before thinking of winning an all ireland. Derry will want to prove last year wasnt a flash in the pan. Obviously for Armagh it's been far too long since we've done anything in Ulster so again it has to be our number one priority. Am I right in saying that Cavan need to make the Ulster final to avoid the Tailteann?

The only province you might see teams taking it easy is Connacht. The big 3 have all won their fair share of provincials in recent years so may try to prime themselves for the AI.

Yes, Cavan will need to likely beat 2 x Div1 teams to avoid Tailteann, regardless if they finish top of Div3 due to the lob sided draw in Connacht. Just highlights a major weakness in the process.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on October 20, 2022, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 20, 2022, 11:07:43 AM
Thoughts?

Yes, Cavan will need to likely beat 2 x Div1 teams to avoid Tailteann, regardless if they finish top of Div3 due to the lob sided draw in Connacht. Just highlights a major weakness in the process.
Definitely weakness there, agreed. The team that comes out of the non Ros/Mayo/Galway side of Connacht is going to get tanked in that final and then again in the All Ireland in all likelihood. At least Cavan should win the Tailteann this year!

AustinPowers

Thoughts?

Yes that would be  my thinking on it.  Put your feet up , forget about provincial, go in fresh to the group stage .  No suspensions, fresh legs etc.

Why would any team with All Ireland aspirations  go hell for  leather trying to win a meaningless provincial title?

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 20, 2022, 06:05:49 PM
Thoughts?

Yes that would be  my thinking on it.  Put your feet up , forget about provincial, go in fresh to the group stage .  No suspensions, fresh legs etc.

Why would any team with All Ireland aspirations  go hell for  leather trying to win a meaningless provincial title?
Can 4 teams win the all Ireland?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU