Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: LooseCannon on August 13, 2019, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2019, 02:58:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 13, 2019, 02:54:45 PM
Can someone explain what the alleged water bottle incident was??

Some buck on t'interweb sent a WhatsApp message saying Tyrone gave poisoned water to Kerry's during the game. Simple minded fools picked this up as gospel and spread it around.

I hope that I'm not a "simple minded fool". All I did was throw it out there.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Without any foundation? The internet is full of fools.
That was never a square ball!!

LooseCannon

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2019, 04:00:02 PM

Some buck on t'interweb sent a WhatsApp message saying Tyrone gave poisoned water to Kerry's during the game. Simple minded fools picked this up as gospel and spread it around.

I hope that I'm not a "simple minded fool". All I did was throw it out there.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I asked a question. I never said if I thought it was true or false. I thought that it was a free country, but feckit, must be Brexit...

😬😬

BennyHarp

Quote from: LooseCannon on August 13, 2019, 04:02:16 PM

I asked a question. I never said if I thought it was true or false. I thought that it was a free country, but feckit, must be Brexit...

😬😬

I'm sure people are well aware of what they are doing when they "put things out there" but each to their own.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2019, 04:06:16 PM

😬😬

I'm sure people are well aware of what they are doing when they "put things out there" but each to their own.

When I got the whatsapp message I knew it would be a whole can of worms it had already been forwarded numerous times. . . none of the sites are going with it though I'd say unless they can get something on the record which would be nigh on impossible.

Crazy times we live in used to be you'd hear that kind of nonsense in the pub after the match by some eejit or lunatic nowadays it goes in a whatsapp message and can be around the world in a matter of hours!! I still don't think it's true btw but if it was . . .

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 13, 2019, 09:37:25 AM
Watched the full game last night and hand on heart don't think deegan rode us. Maybe 2 softish frees for Kerry early second half but only look soft when u see replay.

So what's your opinion on the team management?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 13, 2019, 04:27:02 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 13, 2019, 09:37:25 AM
Watched the full game last night and hand on heart don't think deegan rode us. Maybe 2 softish frees for Kerry early second half but only look soft when u see replay.

So what's your opinion on the team management?

Oh jaysus don't get him started.  :D

LooseCannon

Quote from: screenexile on August 13, 2019, 04:10:05 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2019, 04:06:16 PM

😬😬

When I got the whatsapp message I knew it would be a whole can of worms it had already been forwarded numerous times. . . none of the sites are going with it though I'd say unless they can get something on the record which would be nigh on impossible.

Crazy times we live in used to be you'd hear that kind of nonsense in the pub after the match by some eejit or lunatic nowadays it goes in a whatsapp message and can be around the world in a matter of hours!! I still don't think it's true btw but if it was . . .

Neither do I, being honest. Thought that it might wind up a few.
Seems to have done the trick.🤷‍♂️

yellowcard

Stephen O'Neill has taken forward coaching to a new level if that story is actually true. Attempted poisoning of an opposition defender is a novel tactic when it comes to attacking coaching. It appeared to work though as Foley was poor on Sunday, if Tyrone had actually won the match then could you imagine the outcry. The only person who can debunk this is Foley himself, he knows what he tasted. 

imtommygunn

if he did something like that he should be prosecuted however not for one second do I believe that nonsense lol. Say the guy was sick then what proves anyway that it was the water. Maybe he had something in him. It's one of the more ludicrous things I have heard of apparently happening on a football pitch ;D

Angelo

Pat Spillane is responsible for this, ever since he tried to devalue a great achievement for Tyrone with sour grapes in 2003, it has given ground for people and media pundits to attribute all sorts of unsubstantiated nonsense against Tyrone. It's a good thing we are very stoic in Tyrone.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on August 13, 2019, 06:00:12 PM
Pat Spillane is responsible for this, ever since he tried to devalue a great achievement for Tyrone with sour grapes in 2003, it has given ground for people and media pundits to attribute all sorts of unsubstantiated nonsense against Tyrone. It's a good thing we are very stoic in Tyrone.

Your hole. Tyrone scummy tactics have been there for more than 15 years but blame Pat Spillane. ::)

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on August 13, 2019, 06:14:07 PM

Your hole. Tyrone scummy tactics have been there for more than 15 years but blame Pat Spillane. ::)

The amount of completely fabricated and unsubstantiated nonsense that hits the news with regard to Tyrone is off the charts. Spillane created a bogey man out of Tyrone in 2003 and it stuck, unjustly. When you consider some of the stuff Kerry have gotten away with over the years with a squeaky clean image in contrast.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on August 13, 2019, 06:22:27 PM

The amount of completely fabricated and unsubstantiated nonsense that hits the news with regard to Tyrone is off the charts. Spillane created a bogey man out of Tyrone in 2003 and it stuck, unjustly. When you consider some of the stuff Kerry have gotten away with over the years with a squeaky clean image in contrast.

Mickey Harte created a team void of responsibility and no matter how blatant or scummy a player's actions there was always Fegral to get them off.

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on August 13, 2019, 06:26:29 PM

Mickey Harte created a team void of responsibility and no matter how blatant or scummy a player's actions there was always Fegral to get them off.

Teams appealing bans is not unique to Tyrone, as I'm sure Kerry will show you in the next week.
Do you think your obsession with Tyrone is healthy?

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on August 13, 2019, 06:26:29 PM

A Kerry player slapped a notebook out of a referees hand and got treated like a martyr, they had two players fail dope tests after national finals and are treated as upholders of the virtues of the game.

You could not make it up.