Dublin v Cork 13 July 2019

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 13, 2019, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: thewobbler on July 13, 2019, 07:41:27 PM
Good game. The younger Dub players look quite ordinary when out under pressure. McCaffrey and Fenton class acts.

Don't think it's as simple as old v young. Con and Howard both very good. Although Costello, Mannion, Scully all quiet. Kilkenny disappointing for me.

Dublin defenders are great at defending as a unit, but always susceptible 1 on 1. Cooper is missed as he's our best. Not often opposition have enough ambition to create many 1 on 1s.

Hound

Feck sake Mick, play yourself onto the team and then give Gavin a chance to drop you again.

Hound

There you go. Pen direct result of not giving Dubs their own kick out

(Even if decision a bit harsh)

Hound

Mayo4Sam14

This outside the 20m rule is ridiculous imo. If the player isn't receiving the ball it shouldn't matter. What
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Main Street

Quote from: Hound on July 13, 2019, 08:05:29 PM

Absolute stonewall penalty and yellow card correct as well. The dub players indignantly protesting as if they had been framed for murdering Bambi.

Hound

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 13, 2019, 08:12:58 PM
This outside the 20m rule is ridiculous imo. If the player isn't receiving the ball it shouldn't matter. What
Absolutely, if the players aren't interfering and do get out, it should be play on. A nonsense technical foul rule.

Hound

Score would have been a lot different at half time had Cork played this way on Dublin kick outs in the first half.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Hound on July 13, 2019, 08:15:47 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 13, 2019, 08:12:58 PM
Absolutely, if the players aren't interfering and do get out, it should be play on. A nonsense technical foul rule.

When was this brought in? I can't remember ever seeing it but I've seen it several times today

Hound

Atta boy Clucko.

Dubs needs some subs. Jim a bit slow today. Too many options to take off maybe!

Mayo4Sam14

Was looking at Cork at 150/1 outright but couldn't get it on as I was out of the country, hope I don't live to rue that!

Main Street

The Cork goalie was adjudged to have made an amazing save from a point blank shot, which just happened to hit his arse as he turned his back.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Main Street on July 13, 2019, 08:13:38 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 13, 2019, 08:05:29 PM

Absolute stonewall penalty and yellow card correct as well. The dub players indignantly protesting as if they had been framed for murdering Bambi.

I thought they maybe should have had 2. Just a shove by the full back on the number 7 when he had his goal chance.

Dubs defensive wall one of the key differences imo. Better team too obviously but they funnel so many back cork can't get it hear Hurley.

Mayo4Sam14

Gough very good at picking up on the off the ball stuff

Hound

Quote from: Main Street on July 13, 2019, 08:20:10 PM
The Cork goalie was adjudged to have made an amazing save from a point blank shot, which just happened to hit his arse as he turned his back.
Yeah. He actually made himself as small as possible and was very lucky it was a relatively poor attempt from Small