Meath's demise

Started by agorm, July 10, 2016, 11:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

This new Devenish Nutrition ye're lads will be getting fed should help. Better than th'oul crisps anyway.
I see ye're going to bring Pàirc Tailteann out of the 1960s too.
Probably get all the East Leinster games at home then as the good times come rolling back.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

Good to see the revolution continuing in the Royal County ;) ;)

Meath club bring in ex-Shamrock Rovers boss
13 December 2016

Former Shamrock Rovers boss Pat Fenlon has stepped into GAA management with Meath outfit Kilbride.

The Dublin border outfit recently appointed the clubs minor boss David Harford as their new manager for 2017 and revealed that Fenlon, who has managed Shelbourne, Bohemians and Hibernian, along with the Republic of Ireland U23s during his career, will come on board in his backroom team.

Kilbride operate in the Royal County's Junior B ranks but boast a growing population and a strong underage structure, which Fenlon's son is currently a part of.

"Kilbride are delighted to announce their new first team management for 2017. Former Meath junior Leinster winner David Harford who managed the Kilbride minor team to league success in 2016 and Meath development squads in the past takes over the reins as manager," a statement from the club read.   

"A highly motivated level two coach, David has been to the fore front of Kilbrides recent surge in their juvenile success. His management team will also consist of former Republic of Ireland u23s manager, Hibernian and most recently Shamrock Rovers boss , Pat Fenlon" the club statement added.

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on December 13, 2016, 11:32:01 AM
This new Devenish Nutrition ye're lads will be getting fed should help. Better than th'oul crisps anyway.
Probably get all the East Leinster games at home then as the good times come rolling back.

Never heard of them.
Hope they do a good snackbox.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

If Kildare or Louth want to use our fancy new stadium they better kick in a few quid.
Give us a horse to raffle or something.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on December 13, 2016, 04:18:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 13, 2016, 11:32:01 AM

Never heard of them.
Hope they do a good snackbox.
Checked up - animal food it seems.
I'll say no more ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

We're all animals at the end of the day.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Jinxy on December 13, 2016, 04:57:54 PM
If Kildare or Louth want to use our fancy new stadium they better kick in a few quid.

We've planning permission in to widen the pitch and plans are afoot for a more modest and affordable redevelopment. I don't see how Meath can afford to build a 20000 capacity stadium with there current lull in support. Although Navan has potential to be a nice ground but it is pointless in a 1 team province with no one interested in going to games anymore.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on December 13, 2016, 06:02:10 PM
We're all animals at the end of the day.

Once were animals.

Start with the puppy food and progress.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on December 13, 2016, 11:54:30 PM

We've planning permission in to widen the pitch and plans are afoot for a more modest and affordable redevelopment. I don't see how Meath can afford to build a 20000 capacity stadium with there current lull in support. Although Navan has potential to be a nice ground but it is pointless in a 1 team province with no one interested in going to games anymore.

Ye better keep the grass banks, handy for a picnic. Beats ateing the hang sandwiches out of the boot of the car any day.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on December 13, 2016, 11:54:30 PM

Kildare, as a county, has always lacked ambition.
If you build it they will come.

Jinxy

Roscommon and Westmeath both ruthlessly crushed in the same weekend.
We're almost certainly back, baby.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=264324

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jinxy on December 18, 2016, 08:08:53 PM

And Joe in goals?????

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on December 18, 2016, 08:08:53 PM

Saturday seen them victorious. ..Where is Hardy?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

He's tried out a fair amount of players over the two games who have been on the fringes or perhaps were minors a few years ago but never got a run at senior. Don't think I'll read much into the results but hopefully some talent will be unearthed, we do need to plug a few gaps with Gillespie and Rooney gone.

He still has a squad of 50 players and will have to start whittling it down for the O'Byrne and League.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Declan

QuoteHe's tried out a fair amount of players over the two games who have been on the fringes or perhaps were minors a few years ago but never got a run at senior. Don't think I'll read much into the results but hopefully some talent will be unearthed, we do need to plug a few gaps with Gillespie and Rooney gone.

He still has a squad of 50 players and will have to start whittling it down for the O'Byrne and League.

He's certainly trying to widen the scope in terms of available players given the emails/phonecalls sent out to lads playing in Dublin looking for Meath connections - He'll leave no stone unturned ;)