Should I pay the €80 fixed penalty

Yes
51 (62.2%)
No
31 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 82

ned

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 31, 2021, 04:55:21 AM
What kind of a thread is this? Do you people think speed limits are just put there to hassle people? Have you any idea how many people are killed by vehicular violence every year?

Stop speeding and pay the fine, you potential killers!

Jesus Christ!

Not everybody caught speeding is driving excessively. Depends where you are and how far over the limit.
A relative, a veritable Sunday driver seven days a week, was in an unfamiliar area, in and out of different speed limits over a shortish distance, 50 to 40 to 30 to 60 to 30 and so on. First time offence in 50 years of driving. Did speed awareness course as wanted to avoid points and was 4 mph over limit.
Agree on the wider point about excessive speed.

restorepride

What kind of a thread is this? Do you people think speed limits are just put there to hassle people? Have you any idea how many people are killed by vehicular violence every year?

Jesus Christ!
+1

David McKeown

The legal answer is from 2017 to at least 01/01/2021 you could land in a spot of bother (potentially). Penalty points don't carry over but if the matter went to court in the south you could in theory be disqualified. That disqualification would then carry across and could be implemented in Northern Ireland.

I've never seen it done for penalty points but in theory it could. I said in 01/01/2021 because I don't know what effect Brexit has on the international agreement because it's underpinned by a European framework agreement and honestly I couldn't be bothered figuring out if it's still in force.

So in summation it's unlikely that too much will happen if you ignore it but I can't guarantee it. Interestingly a number of years ago my dad was the victim of identity fraud and we only found out when a car he had apparently hired from Dublin airport had been reported for driving offences. Had to fight that one.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Lar Naparka

Quote from: restorepride on January 31, 2021, 01:36:23 PM

Jesus Christ!
+1
+1 from me too!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 31, 2021, 10:17:25 PM

Jesus Christ!
+1
+1 from me too!
United Irelanders except when it comes to law and order.   It's a case of 'how can I use my 6 county residence to my advantage'.

Rich Ricci

Drive her on and be more careful not to get caught next time.

general

alright alright - i wasnt asking for a keyboard lecture.

I was doing a couple of MPH over the limit - happy to pay the fine.

Simply wondering about transfer of points etc.

For anyone slating - yeah i was a couple of MPH over, i dont condone speeding

Talk about crying and winging - first time offence

tiempo

Failed my first driving test for speeding

Did a rake of lessons and then on the test I was on new terrain unexpectedly

Came out of an industrial estate on to a dual carriageway, wasn't sure of the speed limit, kept her in the left hand lane around 45/50, were cars flying past me doing 60 in the right hand lane

Instructor fails me for speeding as there was nothing indicating a change in the 30 limit coming off the industrial estate on to the dual carriageway

Passed a few weeks later on the next attempt despite repeatedly not checking for pedestrians when coming out of junctions (according to the instructor)

Safe as houses  :-X

BennyCake

Quote from: general on January 30, 2021, 05:26:05 PM
Bump...

Advice needed...

Caught speeding in roi, driving a ni car on ni liscence and live in ni.

Can anyone advise

I'd probably try to find a way around it too but couldn't help posting this :D

restorepride

Quote from: general on February 01, 2021, 07:45:00 AM
alright alright - i wasnt asking for a keyboard lecture.

I was doing a couple of MPH over the limit - happy to pay the fine.

Simply wondering about transfer of points etc.

For anyone slating - yeah i was a couple of MPH over, i dont condone speeding

Talk about crying and winging - first time offence

Just f***ing man-up then and pay the fine. 

Learn from it and you will be a saver driver.  Speeding is not 'cool' anymore.  Simple as. 

If you have young children, it is a no-brainer.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rich Ricci on February 01, 2021, 12:06:21 AM

Grow up. It could be you or one of your loved ones that gets killed by a reckless driver next.

restorepride

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 02, 2021, 12:02:38 AM
Quote from: Rich Ricci on February 01, 2021, 12:06:21 AM

Grow up. It could be you or one of your loved ones that gets killed by a reckless driver next.
+1

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Main Street on January 31, 2021, 11:38:59 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 31, 2021, 10:17:25 PM

Jesus Christ!
+1
+1 from me too!
United Irelanders except when it comes to law and order.   It's a case of 'how can I use my 6 county residence to my advantage'.
expect nothing less from the nordies on here  ::)

RedHand88

RedHand88

Irs unbelievable the amount of northerners that turn into partitionists when it comes to paying speeding/parking fines.