Your earliest sporting memories?

Started by Boycey, April 23, 2016, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 27, 2016, 09:05:50 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 27, 2016, 08:56:30 AM
Thanks for the edit Rufus, it looked like yourself in a classic pose on the flat of your back in the muck.  :P

;D

You know me too well!!

Hands in the air after being rounded by a nippy corner forward!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 27, 2016, 10:41:16 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 27, 2016, 09:05:50 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 27, 2016, 08:56:30 AM
Thanks for the edit Rufus, it looked like yourself in a classic pose on the flat of your back in the muck.  :P

;D

You know me too well!!

Hands in the air after being rounded by a nippy corner forward!

;D

Which was usually Jim McConville!  :( 

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Muck Savage

Born in '73 - earliest memory was 1980 AI semi final between Offaly and Kerry. I remember Mat Connor scoring 2-9, Gerry Carroll scoring 2-1 and Offaly losing 4-15 to 4-10. Remember Matt scoring a goal with his back to the goal and a Kerry back stretching his jersey. I also remember as a 7 year old getting a complete roasting from of all people my Westmeath cousins at a time when they were lucky to keep a hiding below 15 pts in the c'ship.
Was in the Cusack stand for the football final the year after, another loss to Kerry, the Hogan stand for the Hurling final in '81 and the Hogan stand again for the Seamus Darby goal - still remember the water falling down from the net when he scored it. Great times.

laceer

Earliest GAA memory is the club winning a junior championship in '89 when I was 5 - the oul fella was playing and I had a massive teddy togged out in the club colours.

First soccer memory was the FA Cup final in 1990 - that's how I started supporting United. Also remember celebrating after Ireland beat Romania on penalties in Italia '90 - didn't really know what I was celebrating but I knew something good had just happened.