Laochra Gael TG4 (New Series)

Started by an púca, April 14, 2010, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

The one with Kevin Cassidy last night was very good.

Seems a very strong character and great insight into his love for GD football

I hadn't realised that McGuinness offered him a place back on the panel early 2012,  before the all Ireland win.

imtommygunn

How awkward was that TG4 interview at whatever match when Cassidy was a pundit and McGuinness was the manager being interviewed right beside him.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tyroneman on January 08, 2021, 04:25:27 PM

I hadn't realised that McGuinness offered him a place back on the panel early 2012,  before the all Ireland win.

Was excellent, they have really upped the series in the last few years. Credit to TG4.

Already up on the TG4 player to watch for anyone who missed - well worth it.

Oisin McConville gets a bit of a touch about his accent, but I find his insight excellent. He'll be a county manager soon.

Can also recommend the Aisling Thompson and Kieran Donaghy ones there too.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2021, 04:32:02 PM

Was excellent, they have really upped the series in the last few years. Credit to TG4.

I think making the show a full hour has improved it greatly. The older 30 minute episodes really skimmed over so much in a players career.

An Watcher

I was surprised Cassidy was in there at all tbh but he was an excellent player and the issues with his book and mcguinness probably swung it for him. Must get a look

general_lee

Quote from: An Watcher on January 08, 2021, 06:44:11 PM
I was surprised Cassidy was in there at all tbh but he was an excellent player and the issues with his book and mcguinness probably swung it for him. Must get a look
Double all-star winner, multiple Ulster titles, National League and would have been on the AI winning side. He's an intriguing character and one I've a lot of time for.

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Angelo on January 08, 2021, 07:18:46 PM
Cassidy is one of the good guys.

Agree
Dont think I've ever heard a negative comment about him and after last nights show cant see there being any now
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

An Watcher

Just watched the programme, excellent viewing. Fair play to him for not going back after mcguinness offered him his place back. Has no regrets either by the look of things. I take it back, worth his slot in there!!!

trailer

Kevin Cassidy. Watched it and it was brilliant. The 1hr makes all the difference.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Fear uasal, came across very well

tonto1888

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2021, 04:32:02 PM

Already up on the TG4 player to watch for anyone who missed - well worth it.

Oisin McConville gets a bit of a touch about his accent, but I find his insight excellent. He'll be a county manager soon.

Can also recommend the Aisling Thompson and Kieran Donaghy ones there too.

There's a number two slot just opened up for him

BennyCake

Haven't watched Cassidy's yet. He writes a good column in GL. He was some great stories to tell. Surely a book is in the pipeline?

thejuice

Bernard Flynn on tomorrow. Will be worth a look. Pity his body didn't hold up but he still won plenty and when he was on form he was exceptional. Childhood favorite of mine.

That said I think I've had my fill of Meath nostalgia after the last year. I need to see us win something new. Even division 2 would be nice.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016