Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So at this Rate Utd just have to match Leicester's points till last game, win that match and 4th is possible?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Helix.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2020, 12:02:00 AM
So at this Rate Utd just have to match Leicester's points till last game, win that match and 4th is possible?

Should be aiming for 3rd you'd hope.

lurganblue

No chance of Utd doing Villa a big favour and not showing up on Thursday night!?  Think I read there that Villa haven't beaten Utd at Villa park since '95. They're certainly the form team in the league at the minute and I would fear it could be a hammering.

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on July 08, 2020, 11:54:37 AM
No chance of Utd doing Villa a big favour and not showing up on Thursday night!?  Think I read there that Villa haven't beaten Utd at Villa park since '95. They're certainly the form team in the league at the minute and I would fear it could be a hammering.

Opening day 1995/96 was the last time in the league. The "you can't win with kids" game. 1999/00 in the league cup was the last time in all competition.
Can't see Villa getting anything. will need minimum 8 points from last 4 games then. Unlikely.

Boycey

It's nights like tomorrow where the home team, particular one that is struggling, really rue the empty stadia. A full house baying at a United team who for all their recent good form can still be got would be a great help to Villa...

On the game, the longer Uniteds good spell goes on the more I feel impending doom, I'm getting like the Liverpool fans of old  ;D

lurganblue

Quote from: Boycey on July 08, 2020, 01:10:19 PM
It's nights like tomorrow where the home team, particular one that is struggling, really rue the empty stadia. A full house baying at a United team who for all their recent good form can still be got would be a great help to Villa...

On the game, the longer Uniteds good spell goes on the more I feel impending doom, I'm getting like the Liverpool fans of old  ;D

Defo.  Villa have already missed that push v the likes of Sheff Wed at home in the closing stages when it was there for the taking. I have to say the 5 subs rules hasn't been kind either when playing the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea with much more quality on the bench.  I expect the same from Utd.

It's looking ever increasingly that if Villa are to score it will have to be from a set piece (after a foul on Grealish of course). How are Utd at defending set pieces... clutching at straws here  ;D

Capt Pat

United were lucky to get that penalty. I don't think it was a penalty at all.

shark

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 09, 2020, 08:45:27 PM

It was a clear free out. A referee in real time getting that wrong is understandable. But a video referee?

laoislad

Varchester United?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Greenwood is in some form. Easy penalty too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Fernandes is one of the most influential signing ever. Unreal.

Villa are pure muck. Mings is seriously overrated. Grealish looks to have given up and who can blame him.

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on July 09, 2020, 10:12:17 PM
Fernandes is one of the most influential signing ever. Unreal.

Villa are pure muck. Mings is seriously overrated. Grealish looks to have given up and who can blame him.

Fernandes sets united on the front foot with the one pass. Such a positive player. I like his confidence too. Comes into a new club and taking the pens and free kicks straightaway, as if he's been there years. Nothing seems to faze him.

Cunny Funt

United the first team in Premier league history to win four consecutive games by a margin of 3+ goals

The penalty was harsh on Villa but the ref gave it and VAR agreed with his decision. The goal came at the worst possible time for Villa as they had their best spell in the game and had a few decent chances to score.

Once United went in front it was a matter of the margin of victory and considering all the chances missed United could easily have won 5 or 6-0. 18 year old Greenwood continues to impress he has now scored more goals this season than Lukaku managed last season. Pogba who's on the verge of signing a new contract capped off a very comfortable win with a good finish.

Four games to play the top 3/4 race is becoming squeaky bum time.

Boycey

Quote from: shark on July 09, 2020, 08:53:45 PM

It was a clear free out. A referee in real time getting that wrong is understandable. But a video referee?

U don't understand how VAR works.

GJL

Utd starting to look like the team of old with a very attacking and aggressive style. On a good run of results and looks like they are in with a good chance of top 4. The EL would be nice too. A couple of good signings and they will be a force to b reckoned with.