Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 04:13:54 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 09:50:50 AM
Quote from: Nanderson on July 09, 2020, 08:48:05 AM
Quote from: BenDover on July 09, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
I've a brother with flights booked from Finland into Dublin and then plans to travel home to Armagh, has anyone any idea what the story is with the 2 week isolation period can he do that at home or does he have to book somewhere in Dublin to do it? He'd be travelling with his partner and 2 young kids which is stressful enough at the best of times. Is there any update on the defined air bridge countries that was talked about so travellers from certain countries would be exempt for the isolation period?
Northern Ireland exec are to meet today to discuss changes to the quarantine travel rules for NI. I fully expect them to match England and allow travel to a number of countries that pose a smaller risk of coronavirus. My place of work in NI had just come out a couple of days ago saying if you are going on holiday abroad then you must use 10 floating days to cover your isolation period. Horrible ultimatum that would leave majority of people with no floating days for the rest of the year

Why is it horrible?

There is a pandemic at play and these are not ordinary circumstances, everyone is going to suffer in someways and sacrificing travelling abroad for one bloody year is about the most minimum of circumstances some people could make.

I couldn't give a damn whether people work hard or not, it's a small sacrifice to ask people to make for one year.

So are you happy with someone travelling as soon as quarantine measures are lifted or do you not want people to travel in 2020.

Or perhaps you would be happier with March 2021.

When would you be happy?

I think people should be sacrificing foreign holidays for a year or whatever length it takes to get this virus quelled on a global scale. You look at the virus and how it has impacted everyone in the past few months, from the deaths of the vulnerable people to job losses, lockdown, social restrictions. Every single person - young, middle aged and old have been impacted. We now have the virus in such a position that it is quite low in the community on this island and this island has the perfect parameters to keep it that way, it's a small island on the westerly coast of Europe with few high density areas.

We can now enjoy some of the things that we haven't been able to for three months now, the economy is picking up again, we've got our freedom to travel on this island, things like restaurants, theatres, cinemas etc are opening up but we've got to be responsible to not letting it spike again and the single biggest threat is international travel, it's how the virus got here in the first place.

So if you want to be selfish and put all that hard work and suffering that has been inflicted on everyone on this island at jeopardy for a week in the sun then don't get pissy about your selfishness and sense of entitlement being called out.

Pissy.....selfishness..........sense of entitlement - ok then.

Does the same apply to anyone that has to travel across the water for work?

Assume so

StephenC

Remember the good old days when we were talking about how nice Donegal was to go on holidays ... good times.

BennyCake

I've a brother with flights booked from Finland into Dublin and then plans to travel home to Armagh, has anyone any idea what the story is with the 2 week isolation period can he do that at home or does he have to book somewhere in Dublin to do it? He'd be travelling with his partner and 2 young kids which is stressful enough at the best of times. Is there any update on the defined air bridge countries that was talked about so travellers from certain countries would be exempt for the isolation period?
Northern Ireland exec are to meet today to discuss changes to the quarantine travel rules for NI. I fully expect them to match England and allow travel to a number of countries that pose a smaller risk of coronavirus. My place of work in NI had just come out a couple of days ago saying if you are going on holiday abroad then you must use 10 floating days to cover your isolation period. Horrible ultimatum that would leave majority of people with no floating days for the rest of the year

Why is it horrible?

There is a pandemic at play and these are not ordinary circumstances, everyone is going to suffer in someways and sacrificing travelling abroad for one bloody year is about the most minimum of circumstances some people could make.

I couldn't give a damn whether people work hard or not, it's a small sacrifice to ask people to make for one year.

So are you happy with someone travelling as soon as quarantine measures are lifted or do you not want people to travel in 2020.

When would you be happy?

I think people should be sacrificing foreign holidays for a year or whatever length it takes to get this virus quelled on a global scale. You look at the virus and how it has impacted everyone in the past few months, from the deaths of the vulnerable people to job losses, lockdown, social restrictions. Every single person - young, middle aged and old have been impacted. We now have the virus in such a position that it is quite low in the community on this island and this island has the perfect parameters to keep it that way, it's a small island on the westerly coast of Europe with few high density areas.

We can now enjoy some of the things that we haven't been able to for three months now, the economy is picking up again, we've got our freedom to travel on this island, things like restaurants, theatres, cinemas etc are opening up but we've got to be responsible to not letting it spike again and the single biggest threat is international travel, it's how the virus got here in the first place.

So if you want to be selfish and put all that hard work and suffering that has been inflicted on everyone on this island at jeopardy for a week in the sun then don't get pissy about your selfishness and sense of entitlement being called out.

I'd agree with that, but if planes are going, people will go regardless of the risk level.

Both governments should impose a compulsory quarantine upon arrival back on the island(should have done this from the start tbh). So, go on your holidays if you want to, but you'll be quarantined for a fortnight when you arrive home. So if you want to spend up to 14 days in a quarantined room, missing two weeks of income, home life etc, that's the price you'll have to pay for your week in the sun.

Angelo

23 new cases in the 26 today, 15 of them related to travel.

What does that tell you?

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-latest-figures-ireland-5-5145963-Jul2020/
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 04:22:26 PM

Why is it horrible?

When would you be happy?

Assume so

It applies to people who are going on holidays. This is a thread about holidays.

Milltown Row2

So if you go on Holiday to London (which I've done on few occasions) it's ok not too quarantine? Some shite talked on here   ;D

Who's going to police this? If the government says you can go to these countries without quarantining when you get home then there shouldn't be any problems?

Most places in Europe are in a better condition than England but it's ok to holiday there ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2020, 06:58:32 PM
So if you go on Holiday to London (which I've done on few occasions) it's ok not too quarantine? Some shite talked on here   ;D

Who's going to police this? If the government says you can go to these countries without quarantining when you get home then there shouldn't be any problems?

Most places in Europe are in a better condition than England but it's ok to holiday there ?

The right thing would be to severely restrict air travel onto this island on both sides of the border.

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 06:19:23 PM

Why is it horrible?

When would you be happy?

Assume so

It applies to people who are going on holidays. This is a thread about holidays.

Help me understand here Angelo.......if I fly to England for a holiday I am pissy, selfish & have a sense of entitlement but if I am flying to London for work its ok?

Or are we not allowed to talk about people travelling for work because it makes your argument redundant?

Saying as air travel isnt  (and wont be) restricted what do you suggest?

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 07:22:46 PM

Why is it horrible?

When would you be happy?

Assume so

Help me understand here Angelo.......if I fly to England for a holiday I am pissy, selfish & have a sense of entitlement but if I am flying to London for work its ok?

Or are we not allowed to talk about people travelling for work because it makes your argument redundant?

There's a huge difference between work and holidays, one is a necessity - the other is a luxury. It comes down to the employer really, if that travel is deemed necessary and they can justify it then so be it.

But a foreign holiday simply cannot be justified in these times.

The governments should be taking the decision out of people's hands as we can see here that there are many selfish people who will act in their own interest despite those decisions being negligent in the health and wellbeing of the general public.

It's just disappointing to see after all the hard work and sacrifices people have made that you read some of the posts here and the sheer arrogance of people to believe that they are so special that they should be allowed endanger the public.

seafoid

Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 07:30:01 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 09, 2020, 07:22:46 PM

Why is it horrible?

When would you be happy?

Assume so

There's a huge difference between work and holidays, one is a necessity - the other is a luxury. It comes down to the employer really, if that travel is deemed necessary and they can justify it then so be it.

But a foreign holiday simply cannot be justified in these times.

The governments should be taking the decision out of people's hands as we can see here that there are many selfish people who will act in their own interest despite those decisions being negligent in the health and wellbeing of the general public.

It's just disappointing to see after all the hard work and sacrifices people have made that you read some of the posts here and the sheer arrogance of people to believe that they are so special that they should be allowed endanger the public.

This assumes that tourist resorts in foreign countries are sloppy. They can't afford to be. Their income depends on it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Foreign countries like England you mean?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2020, 07:46:19 PM

Anything outside this island needs to be shut off or heavily restricted.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 08:36:59 PM

That horse unfortunately has bolted! When they continued to allow flights within the uk and Ireland during lockdown

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2020, 08:56:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 09, 2020, 08:36:59 PM

That horse unfortunately has bolted! When they continued to allow flights within the uk and Ireland during lockdown

Maybe so but that's on the government's hands.

The airports are now opening up big time again at a stage when we were beginning to get on top of things. The governments are doing at it which leaves it in the hands of the people and unfortunately there is quite a significant proportion of selfish individuals who thinks their leisure time comes ahead of public safety.

Itchy

Quote from: tyrone girl on July 09, 2020, 02:51:39 PM
Whats the big deal on going on holidays? If the plane im due to go on is going il be on it!!
Might i add i cant bloody wait  8)

Thats no problem as long as you don't come back