TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Is Tiger king that good and will it be something the Mrs will watch?

On another note finished The Outsider which I thought was very good and the new series of Ozark is also good (as i wondering were it could go with a 3rd series).

JimStynes

Taylor

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 01, 2020, 11:46:43 AM
Is Tiger king that good and will it be something the Mrs will watch?

On another note finished The Outsider which I thought was very good and the new series of Ozark is also good (as i wondering were it could go with a 3rd series).

Its a crazy show which gets crazier each episode.

The Mrs will enjoy it as well

mrdeeds

At the moment I'm enjoying new season of Ozark, Tiger King and Homeland. Better call Saul is not as good as last few. Plus Money Heist, Drive to Survive and Sunderland Till I die to get through.

Hound

I watch the first episode of Tiger King last night, and while interesting and wacky I don't get the adulation it has been receiving
- edit I see Taylor has just posted that its improves with each episode so I'll keep going

I watched two Harlan Coben crime dramas on Netflix, The Stranger and Safe, back to back. Both 6 or 8 episodes long and I really enjoyed them. Twists and turns, intertwining story lines, keeps you interested and guessing while you know there's an ending coming not too far away.

Watching Designated Survivor, about 12 or 14 episodes in, which I completely missed first time around. I'm a big fan of pretty much all the White House boxsets. While this isn't in the class of West Wing or House of Cards, it's still good. Kiefer's not brilliant, but most of the rest of the cast is very good.

Ballers final series was meh. I had enjoyed all the previous series

Finished Curb your Enthusiasm Series 10. Brilliant, like all the other series (apart from Series 1). Wife absolutely hates it  ;D

gallsman

The Stranger and Designated Survivor are absolutely shite. DS could have been written by a 12 year old ffs. I don't think you can group it as a "White House box set" in the same vein as West Wing our even HoC. They're political dramas, whereas DS is paint by numbers action nonsense.

I don't think Tiger King has been met with adulation. More incredulity end disbelief at the whole thing.

lurganblue

Quote from: Hound on April 01, 2020, 12:27:22 PM
I watch the first episode of Tiger King last night, and while interesting and wacky I don't get the adulation it has been receiving
- edit I see Taylor has just posted that its improves with each episode so I'll keep going

I watched two Harlan Coben crime dramas on Netflix, The Stranger and Safe, back to back. Both 6 or 8 episodes long and I really enjoyed them. Twists and turns, intertwining story lines, keeps you interested and guessing while you know there's an ending coming not too far away.

Watching Designated Survivor, about 12 or 14 episodes in, which I completely missed first time around. I'm a big fan of pretty much all the White House boxsets. While this isn't in the class of West Wing or House of Cards, it's still good. Kiefer's not brilliant, but most of the rest of the cast is very good.

Finished Curb your Enthusiasm Series 10. Brilliant, like all the other series (apart from Series 1). Wife absolutely hates it  ;D

Goes downhill rapidly

J70

The Curb season was very good. The Jon Hamm episode was one of the funniest in years.

I agree with the above on Designated Survivor. The concept was excellent and interesting, but once he became the legitimate president, it was more or less done, even before the end of the first season. Then it turned into just another American President series.

Taylor

Quote from: Hound on April 01, 2020, 12:27:22 PM

The Harlan Coben dramas are both very good.
Plenty of twists as you say and they dont drag the shite out of the episodes which is the downfall of so many shows which start out good.

Was disappointed with Ballers final series - I dont actually think they had left anywhere else to go if that makes sense

Taylor

Caught 'My Left Nut' last night on BBC.

Set in Belfast.

Not sure what to make of it yet

imtommygunn

Got recommended it too. Bit cringe worthy at times but enjoyed it. First episode I thought what the hell lol.

BennyCake

Quote from: Taylor on April 01, 2020, 05:29:52 PM
Caught 'My Left Nut' last night on BBC.

Set in Belfast.

Not sure what to make of it yet

Caught a glimpse of that

Who was the two hurling team jersies?

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on January 03, 2020, 09:08:38 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 02, 2020, 04:03:47 PM
3 episodes into Messiah on Netflix, really interesting, lot of potential.
Gorged on this, very very good, compelling viewing. The religious element might put some people off but I loved it, good balance to the story, it's only getting going too.
Sorry to quote myself, but I cant believe this show has gone so unnoticed. I thought it was excellent.

laoislad

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 01, 2020, 07:40:12 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2020, 10:40:25 AM
The end of Love/Hate was brilliant.  Dexter wasn't brilliant but it wasn't bad either, I liked the idea of him where he ended up.  The whole boat into the storm thing was stupid obviously.

Seriously, on a thread where people are recommending shows to watch, you go and give away the ending?! I sometimes wonder about people.
Wouldn't be the first time nrico did that on here.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on April 01, 2020, 10:10:23 PM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 01, 2020, 07:40:12 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2020, 10:40:25 AM
The end of Love/Hate was brilliant.  Dexter wasn't brilliant but it wasn't bad either, I liked the idea of him where he ended up.  The whole boat into the storm thing was stupid obviously.

Seriously, on a thread where people are recommending shows to watch, you go and give away the ending?! I sometimes wonder about people.
Wouldn't be the first time nirico did that on here.
Yeeoohhhhh!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'