You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteActually no. It's been used in our family since day dot, we obviously have some distant relatives in Castlerock....

Yeah, its a word I was familiar with in my early years but had forgotten about it until recently.

Oh yeah, on the woman thing - they are all more or less like that in my experience. Being sane and rational are not their strong suits God bless them.

maddog

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 20, 2007, 01:24:53 PM
Jesus lone shark you never even came back to stand up for her!

People who say "no offence" when they've just offended you!
Maddog me and you couldnt get on!
(I doubt your mother in law is right about you!)

Jaysus, if i offended anyone then i apologise. Maybe it read worse than it was intended.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maddog on June 20, 2007, 02:15:51 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 20, 2007, 01:24:53 PM
Jesus lone shark you never even came back to stand up for her!

People who say "no offence" when they've just offended you!
Maddog me and you couldnt get on!
(I doubt your mother in law is right about you!)

Jaysus, if i offended anyone then i apologise. Maybe it read worse than it was intended.
I was offened  :P

Oh yeah, on the woman thing - they are all more or less like that in my experience. Being sane and rational are not their strong suits God bless them.
No but some of them can be unbelievable bitchy!
My woman started a new job about 2 months ago and the bitchiness of the women there is unreal (they expected the job to go internal!).  You'd never get it from a group of men!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TirEoghaingodeo

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 20, 2007, 03:53:21 AM
Giving out about the yungwan could turn this into a longer thread, but it's where gears get ground....

(1) She decides every so often that she wants to go to a match. I'm largely indifferent as to whether she travels along or not - it's not like we'll be nipping out at HT to relieve the tension or anything - so I don't encourage it, merely offer. When she does decide to go, she thinks it's some sort of favour to me, and in return for this supposed favour, refuses to leave "early" i.e. any time other than how long it would take to travel to the ground if there were no traffic, no queues at the turnstiles and it was midnight. The game is throwing in in Tullamore at 3pm (20 mins away at 3am on a Saturday night) and if I want to leave at any time before 2.35 I get a barrage of moaning about how is it not good enough that she's going without having to sit in the cold for fifteen minutes. (I'm aware of the mathematical incongruity....) Suggesting that she doesn't have to go gets met with the inevitable carnage that is "so you don't want to spend time with me??" extravaganza.

I wouldn't mind but for last years minor final replay in Ennis we left with loads of time to spare (after I spent a full day warning her of the likely traffic chaos), got trapped in the mire around Gort and ended up missing the first twenty minutes. So she duly had a conniption and couldn't understand why (a) I didn't "make" her leave earlier and (b) I didn't know a magic short cut unknown to the other 10,000 motorists all going the same way.

......phew......

(2) You're going to the shop for a small errand. Ask if she wants anything, and get met with the horror answer - "A surprise!". Now what was a five minute trip to Spar to pick up a paper has become an ordeal, as you go through their entire stock trying to pick out something semi-meaningful/thoughtful that won't get you in trouble. Apparantly they don't mean it literally either - as I found out when I brought back what I thought was a quite surprising litre of engine oil. (I wish I was making that up.......  :-[)

(3) Like the above, but instead of surprise, insert "something nice". But not any of the things she normally likes, because she doesn't feel like them today. Or anything that she told you two years ago that she wasn't gone on.

(4) Travelling in the car while she has a hangover, spending the whole trip moaning "are we there yet" and how it's taking so long, but then having a conniption if you try to overtake anything.

(5) Deciding that she wants to stay in on Saturday night so as to be able to study the next day, expecting you to do the same to keep her company, then spending the whole night complaining about how everyone on the whole planet is out but her, and then spending all that time the next day that she was supposed to be studying on the phone to all her friends talking about what happened.

(6) Saying how she'd love to understand more about politics/current affairs/world events, but every time there's a good documentary or episode of Prime Time or Newsnight on, complaining how her "head's not able for that now" and wanting to turn over to soaps or some such.

I could go on. But I won't. This has all been rather cathartic actually.  :)

Hear hear. Every single woman i know is a crazy, hormonal, emotional, head-wrecking wench. No exceptions. They can't help it. Any man who lets on he doesn't put up with this sort of stuff is a liar.
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TirEoghaingodeo

Just reading through the board, and realised something that's really starting to grind my gears. All this acrimony on the board. It seems that people can't disagree anymore without launching into personal attacks, and calling names. There's no room for differing opinions. It wasn't always so.
Now let's all chill out, or i'm telling mummy and daddy.

(This post is best read whilst listening to 'I'd like to teach the world to sing').
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Tyrones own

Arriving into a party or a BBQ or whatever and watching the lads that brought on a 6 pack
  of Bud, Coors lite or the like drinking your Heineken or becks all day long  >:(
  Fcuk but that pisses me off !  ............You know who you are ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

corn02

People opening a door to enter a room yo uare in and leaving again without closing the door. Pricks!

ziggysego

Quote from: corn02 on June 21, 2007, 08:52:34 AM
People opening a door to enter a room yo uare in and leaving again without closing the door. Pricks!

I thought I was the only one that got enraged by that!
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Quote from: corn02 on June 21, 2007, 08:52:34 AM

Just to be clear - is that two separate gripes, or not?

corn02

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on June 21, 2007, 02:51:43 PM
I fail to see two seperate gripes?

(1)People opening a door to enter a room yo uare in and leaving again without closing the door. (2)Pricks!

You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Oh I see , no all the one, it really grinds my gears you see.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility