3 (2.4%)
Kildare
24 (19.4%)
Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

Syferus

The two promoted teams at the top of D2 with one pairing left before the break. Both teams will be happy with three points from their first two matches.

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2015, 09:54:30 PM
The two promoted teams at the top of D2 with one pairing left before the break. Both teams will be happy with three points from their first two matches.

Great result for Ross. Is the break not from this week though??

Shrewdness

Well done to Ros. Should be no reason why they can't be promotion contenders after a result like this. Fair play to Cathal Cregg who came on as a second half sub and scored 3 points. Diarmuid Murtagh scored something like 1-4, his brother Ciaran 0-2, and 0-1 each from D Shine, M Nally, N Daly, C Cafferky, S Kilbride, and sub D Smith. Three players went off injured.

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 07, 2015, 09:58:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2015, 09:54:30 PM

Great result for Ross. Is the break not from this week though??

Yep, but I mean Galway and Westmeath are playing tomorrow, the other three ties this round in D2 were tonight.

larryin89

Roscommon are 10/3 to win connacht . This is a winner winner . They will win it imo but they are certain to get to final and could be layed in the final where they will go in at about 7/4 against Mayo or Galway at 4/7 and if it's Galway it could be even more generous.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

OgraAnDun

Thought Down were useless tonight. Got cleaned out in midfield and their handling was awful as well. Losing Mooney and Kevin McKernan so early was a big blow. McCorry used 5 subs by halftime though which left us in a bit of trouble as regards getting a black card. Unfortunately we're now going to have to listen to him crying about playing against a 14 man defence for the next week when at times that was the exact system he was playing.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hardy on February 07, 2015, 07:10:28 PM
We're on d'telly tonight. Welcome, Lilywhites to the fortress/cauldron/bear-pit that is the Stadium Of Fright. We're unbeaten here since the eighteenth of January.

Meath held on in the Stadium of Shite, close enough game and watchable enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

moysider

The Meath blanket was very effective. Found it tough viewing.

Ohtoohtobe

In no way did it affect the result - Meath missed a stack of frees and should have won by more - but did anyone who watched this game find the refereeing hard to fathom?
I'm not mentioning this as a whinge more to point out a general 'softness' in how gaelic football is refereed these days. Prime example, Ciaran Fitzpatrick nudged Andrew Tormey off the ball with what I thought was a textbook shoulder, and the ref gave a free in. Loads of other examples throughout including a black card for Graham Reilly for a slightly mistimed challenge and a free in for Stephen Bray after he kicked the ball wide having been well shadowed by Peter Kelly.

Is football become a non-contact sport?

In other news, we really are a very brittle football team.

SHEEDY

disappointing display from down tonight. roscommon were stronger in all areas especially midfield and forwards. a bad 1st half by down left the 2nd half an uphill struggle which was made harder by being reduced to 14 men. no complaints though. a well deserved victory for roscommon and their large number of supporters.
nil satis nisi optimum

moysider

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on February 07, 2015, 11:36:31 PM
In no way did it affect the result - Meath missed a stack of frees and should have won by more - but did anyone who watched this game find the refereeing hard to fathom?
I'm not mentioning this as a whinge more to point out a general 'softness' in how gaelic football is refereed these days. Prime example, Ciaran Fitzpatrick nudged Andrew Tormey off the ball with what I thought was a textbook shoulder, and the ref gave a free in. Loads of other examples throughout including a black card for Graham Reilly for a slightly mistimed challenge and a free in for Stephen Bray after he kicked the ball wide having been well shadowed by Peter Kelly.

Yer 6 - O Brien is it? - looks far from brittle!

Donnellys Hollow

This team just never looks in control even when they are ahead in matches.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: moysider on February 07, 2015, 11:46:06 PM

Yeah but it's not physical strength or physical courage I'm talking about. Our skills and decision making crumble when even moderate pressure is applied. Even our experienced players. Eoin Doyle the only consistent exception.
Even when we played poorly under McGeeney we were not a soft touch. The win in Navan in 2011, for example, showed that. Sad to say we look back to being a pushover in tight games.
Tonight we were four points up against a Meath team that didn't have Graham Reilly and couldn't kick a free to save their lives. They got themselves together for the last 20 minutes and outscored us 8-2.
Weak as p*ss.

moysider

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on February 08, 2015, 12:30:54 AM
Quote from: moysider on February 07, 2015, 11:46:06 PM

Yeah but it's not physical strength or physical courage I'm talking about. Our skills and decision making crumble when even moderate pressure is applied. Even our experienced players. Eoin Doyle the only consistent exception.
Even when we played poorly under McGeeney we were not a soft touch. The win in Navan in 2011, for example, showed that. Sad to say we look back to being a pushover in tight games.
Tonight we were four points up against a Meath team that didn't have Graham Reilly and couldn't kick a free to save their lives. They got themselves together for the last 20 minutes and outscored us 8-2.
Weak as p*ss.

Yeah. But ye got to break it down. I would say tactically weak yes.  Bringing on O Connor was desperate because he was totally isolated. And Paddy O Rourke's presence meant Hail Marys a waste of time.  Some poor decisions making at times too. What was Cribben doing taking contact at the very end. He lays that off ye draw the game - maybe it was even a goal chance.

ross4life

More like it from our lads tonight the platform was set for the win in the 1st half when we led by 6 points at the break however our what we have we'll hold 2nd half tactics on another night or in the past would have got us caught but credit to the lads they dug in showed great character & our subs U Harney, D Smith, C Cregg all made a telling contributions to a well deserved win.

Key to success to consistency judging by our inconsistent run of results this year we have much to improved on. Impressive win for Cavan tonight with their strong midfield pairing & well organised defence it going to take a good side to beat them in this division. Surprising slow start to the league by Kildare knowing our luck they will probably be in flying form by the time we play them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open