Mary Mc Aleese barred from the Vatican

Started by T Fearon, February 02, 2018, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

So.We are all sinners.Point is most of us aren't advocates of it like Mrs Mc Aleese.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
So.We are all sinners.Point is most of us aren't advocates of it like Mrs Mc Aleese.

You wouldn't be given to bit of public pride, would you, from time to time?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

longballin

Association of Catholic Priests has condemned the Vatican's decision. Have to get them excommunicated as well.

Oraisteach

Actually, Tony, a country can decline another's ambassador if that person is guilty of espionage, which of course, Gingrich isn't, but given her credentials don't you think the Vatican might have selected a less morally compromised candidate. Personally, I don't really care, but rejecting McAleese . . .

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2018, 10:31:53 PM

Says the man boasting about gambling every weekend

T Fearon

Gambling within moderation is not a sin.The association of Irish Priests,aka a few egotistical twats like Brian D'Arcy should button it.If they can't accept Catholic teaching either form their own cult or join an existing Protestant one.

RedHand88

Gambling is driven by greed, which God hates. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; Ephesians 5:3, 5) Gamblers hope to gain money through the losses of others, but the Bible condemns coveting other people's possessions.—Exodus 20:17; Romans 7:7; 13:9, 10.

Gambling, even for small amounts, can arouse a destructive love of money.—1 Timothy 6:9, 10.

Gamblers often rely on superstitions or luck. However, God views such beliefs as a form of idolatry, which is incompatible with his worship.—Isaiah 65:11.

Rather than promote a desire to get something for nothing, the Bible encourages hard work. (Ecclesiastes 2:24; Ephesians 4:28) Those who follow the Bible's advice can "eat food they themselves earn."—2 Thessalonians 3:10, 12.

Gambling can arouse an unhealthy competitive spirit, which is disapproved in the Bible.—Galatians 5:26.

T Fearon

I do not have any of these traits.I have a few modest bets that's all,am not motivated by greed.

Oraisteach

But isn't Pride another of the 7 Deadly Sins?

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

We are all human and fall short.At times we are all proud,guilty of gluttony (Christmas) etc,we recognise this and do our best to avoid it.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2018, 06:38:37 AM
We are all human and fall short.At times we are all proud,guilty of gluttony (Christmas) etc,we recognise this and do our best to avoid it.

I have it sussed. ....you're actually Sheldon Cooper's mother.

Avondhu star

We had 14 years of listening to her lecturing the nation shite
Now she wants to inflict herself on the rest of the world
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 03, 2018, 10:45:27 AM
We had 14 years of listening to her lecturing the nation shite
Now she wants to inflict herself on the rest of the world

That's no way to talk about a well loved & respected member of this forum!!

Itchy

Mary would want to cop on. She is a forward modern thinking woman, this is completely incompatible with the Catholic church. I don't know why she insists on giving these talks to that organisation.