Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: ludermor on November 16, 2010, 02:03:37 PM
This thread is a classic, cant believe i stayed away from it thinking it would be full of the usual politic bollix!

Hardly, is it not just rehashing the same old bollix from this time every year? Just this year we have a few new wannabes that are trying out do each other with their Republican credentials  :P

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14261.0

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9970.0
Ah i think there are some good nuggets on this thread!

lynchbhoy

Well the proof of recent change is on the side of the eventual re-unification. There is only one way this is going and what we will differ on is when this will happen. I expect it sooner rather than later. Apart from that it will eventually happen, both of us can only speculate and the only other definite is that the economic climate will have to be 'right'.

You being based in england or wherever – not on Ireland – obv just don't know.
I know a few companies that have gained tax breaks by putting in offices/development centres in the north of Ireland - initially Irish based companies –the IDA down here are working in conjunction with the ni board – invest ni or whatever appropriate board it is – I forget which.

I meant to point out citi as an example. They are one such company.
How it is doing it I am not quite sure - as to whatever the agreement is in conjunction with the IDA, but citi and a few more that I wont divulge have gone through this route and its financially attractive as otherwise - as I have been told- they wouldnt be going near the north of Ireland - not because they dont like it , its just because they would never have thought of going there !

The fact remains, I know of a few of these companies through IT and HR contacts who are finding it more or less impossible to get staff in the north of Ireland.
First hand info. you can write more lengthy responses – but like your last one, it doesn't actually contain any real argument.

Banana Man

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 02:56:40 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 12:59:14 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 12:53:37 PM
You can't argue with democracy can you?

you would have thought that but you're giving it a quare go

But it's a corrupt regime. Surely a man like yourself can empathise with my difficulty with corrupt regimes  ;)

Between you and me I think it's not really a singing contest at all. It's primarily a vehicle for Simon Cowell to make loads of money off dumb teenagers/adults as he creates drama, controversy and razzamatazz as a smokescreen. I reckon all the judges and wagner are in on it. I know thats crazy mans thinking but there, I've said it.  :-[

Theres me babbling on...whats this thread about again?

x factor isn't a regime lad, no one is forced to pick up the phone and vote and no one is forced to sit and watch it (if you don't include the wives up and down the country)

so, no. sorry I can't relate to your claim

Banana Man

Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 02:39:39 PM
This thread is a classic, cant believe i stayed away from it thinking it would be full of the usual politic bollix!

Hardly, is it not just rehashing the same old bollix from this time every year? Just this year we have a few new wannabes that are trying out do each other with their Republican credentials  :P

another valuable contribution there bigfella  ::)

As valuable as yours but then again I'm not deluding myself that I have anything new to bring to the table.

that's a positive development, at least you know you are talking shite

theskull1

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:28:07 PM
x factor isn't a regime lad, no one is forced to pick up the phone and vote and no one is forced to sit and watch it (if you don't include the wives up and down the country)

There was me thinking that the media can actually manipulate the dumb masses to think what they want them to think and do what they want them to do? How stupid of me

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gallsman

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:24:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 08:54:55 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2010, 08:24:27 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 15, 2010, 10:44:29 PM

Tell me this Maguire, do you honestly and genuinely believe that a United Ireland is high on the agenda of Ritchie or even the SDLP for that matter?

Do you honestly think, Bananaman, that 51% of people living in the 26 counties want a united ireland ?  Most of them couldn't care less. 
And who do you think would pay for it ? The European Central Bank ?

i think a better question seafoid would be do we want to join you's the mess you's are in. People ridicule the leaders in the north but it ain't any better in Mexico lad.

And yes I do believe it is well over 51%

I demand some evidence to back this statement up.

If can't produce any you're a snob.

Ya see there's your problem right there Gallsman, I would say you near creamed yourself thinking you had me. Firstly I never called you a snob, secondly I said I believe it to be over 51%, I didn't say it was over 51%. It is my perception and continues to be therefore i don't need evidence.

If i said it was over 51% i would have to back up the claim, I see you weren't in Trinity the day they taught how to differentiate, perhaps that's how you swapped universities, you dandered into the wrong building one day as you couldn't tell the difference??
[/quote]

Which is exactly what I stated a week ago you complete imbecile - that it was my belief based on my own personal insights. What insight do you f**king have to the minds of people south of the border? I don't need to "have you" when you so happily fall on your own sword. You and your best mate Nally have been exposed as narrow minded fools, incapable of even considering the viewpoint of anyone other than yourselves.

Actually no, the reason I moved universities is because I wanted to advance myself and decided to do a masters. But I suppose that makes me a snob.

Banana Man

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:28:07 PM

There was me thinking that the media can actually manipulate the dumb masses to think what they want them to think and do what they want them to do? How stupid of me

can they make them lift a phone and dial a number? can they force people to sit and watch certain tv programmes?

theskull1

If by them you mean the dumb masses, the answer is they are free to do what the media encourages them to do. So in short yes
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Banana Man

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
If by them you mean the dumb masses, the answer is they are free to do what the media encourages them to do. So in short yes

you used the term dumb masses so i'm not sure who you are referring to, I am referring to X Factor viewers and if you mean X factor viewers I would love to see how the media physically makes someone vote or lift a phone

Banana Man

Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 03:48:05 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:24:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 08:54:55 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2010, 08:24:27 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 15, 2010, 10:44:29 PM

Tell me this Maguire, do you honestly and genuinely believe that a United Ireland is high on the agenda of Ritchie or even the SDLP for that matter?

Do you honestly think, Bananaman, that 51% of people living in the 26 counties want a united ireland ?  Most of them couldn't care less. 
And who do you think would pay for it ? The European Central Bank ?

i think a better question seafoid would be do we want to join you's the mess you's are in. People ridicule the leaders in the north but it ain't any better in Mexico lad.

And yes I do believe it is well over 51%

I demand some evidence to back this statement up.

If can't produce any you're a snob.

Ya see there's your problem right there Gallsman, I would say you near creamed yourself thinking you had me. Firstly I never called you a snob, secondly I said I believe it to be over 51%, I didn't say it was over 51%. It is my perception and continues to be therefore i don't need evidence.

If i said it was over 51% i would have to back up the claim, I see you weren't in Trinity the day they taught how to differentiate, perhaps that's how you swapped universities, you dandered into the wrong building one day as you couldn't tell the difference??

Which is exactly what I stated a week ago you complete imbecile - that it was my belief based on my own personal insights. What insight do you f**king have to the minds of people south of the border? I don't need to "have you" when you so happily fall on your own sword. You and your best mate Nally have been exposed as narrow minded fools, incapable of even considering the viewpoint of anyone other than yourselves.

Actually no, the reason I moved universities is because I wanted to advance myself and decided to do a masters. But I suppose that makes me a snob.
[/quote]

:D lad the hateness is seeping out of you, you need to stop the fascination with me and Nally. It's seriously not healthy.
btw imbecile is a real word i would associate with someone from trinity, typical arrogant p***k

As for the eidence and snob remarks I am awaiting on you to show where it was me who labelled them at you...

thebigfella

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:31:52 PM

As valuable as yours but then again I'm not deluding myself that I have anything new to bring to the table.

Talking shite by openly admitting I have nothing new to contribute to the topic and pointing out that this has been discussed in depth in 2 other threads  ::) ::)

Keyboard Republicans, gotta love em :D  What day do you sign on or you too proud to take money from the Brits while you trying to unite Ireland on the GAABoard?

gallsman

"Hateness" What the hell does "hateness" mean? Perhaps you meant hatred. The reason I actually have a vocabularly is clearly a result of the fact I went to Trinity.

You've just confirmed the appropriate nature of the word "imbecile" when used to describe you. Obviously I'm only entitled to do so. Becuase I went to Trinity.

Banana Man

Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 04:19:56 PM
"Hateness" What the hell does "hateness" mean? Perhaps you meant hatred. The reason I actually have a vocabularly is clearly a result of the fact I went to Trinity.

You've just confirmed the appropriate nature of the word "imbecile" when used to describe you. Obviously I'm only entitled to do so. Becuase I went to Trinity.

a vocabulary where you can't spell because, you're going well  ;)

anyway i'm still waiting...

Banana Man

Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:31:52 PM

Talking shite by openly admitting I have nothing new to contribute to the topic and pointing out that this has been discussed in depth in 2 other threads  ::) ::)

Keyboard Republicans, gotta love em :D  What day do you sign on or you too proud to take money from the Brits while you trying to unite Ireland on the GAABoard?

no bigfella i'm to busy paying tax to the Brits to fund the dolites that you seem to know a bit about

gallsman

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:25:39 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 04:19:56 PM

a vocabulary where you can't spell because, you're going well  ;)

anyway i'm still waiting...

No vocab and unable to distinguish (or differentiate if you prefer it like that) between a typo and inability to spell. How tragic. Dreadful indictment of the education system in the north. Seeing as you're obviously about 15 the blame should be laid squarely at the feet of Catriona Ruane.

You're waiting for what? The "snob" remarks? That would be your continued need to reference the fact I went to Trinity - which arose directly from the "snob" comments. Satisfied?