The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2017, 03:08:26 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 22, 2017, 02:46:13 PM
He's not soft centred  ;)

He's also five foot seven and a midfielder.

Just because he's black doesn't mean you're getting Kante #2. More creative player than that.

That's what I thought. He was more of an attacking minded CM.

Gabriel_Hurl

Just because he's black doesn't mean you're getting Kante #2. More creative player than that.

Thanks Syferus - I've never seen him play before

Syferus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 22, 2017, 03:28:56 PM

It's not that he's useless defending - from all I've heard he's an all-rounder but he could be as much a Courtiniho replacement as a Henderson-type replacement depending on how he's used.

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2017, 03:47:27 PM

It's not that he's useless defending - from all I've heard he's an all-rounder but he could be as much a Courtiniho replacement as a Henderson-type replacement depending on how he's used.

In other words you're as much in the dark as everyone else  ;D

supersub

Quote from: JoG2 on November 22, 2017, 01:55:55 PM
Quote from: supersub on November 22, 2017, 01:01:46 PM
Midfield soft or not, all three goals were defensive errors. It is not a coincidence.

Moreno x 2 plus shocking marking from a corner in the last minute. Unforgivable stuff.

Moreno actually at fault 4 times for 2 goals. Give away the free kick, then got caught out (albeit zonal marking) for a near post header. Poor touch from Coutinho's knock down followed by a trip for the pen.

Defensive errors and zonal marking were the fault for the three goals. Midfield don't make the defence make mistakes so to speak, and it is a very common pattern. So yes midfield may have been overrun but the root of the problem is basic defending. Who leaves a man unmarked 10 yards out in the last minute?? Mental. Absolutely mental.

not be classed more a slight touch to an opponents football boot, who had a good think and then decided to throw himself to the turf like a big blouse, than a trip? Stupid by Moreno though to give the player the opportunity to dive, sorry, go to ground.

The Liverpool midfield is incredibly soft centred

Class it as whatever you like, it was a stonewall penalty.

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2017, 04:07:40 PM

No, he is mainly used as an attacking midfielder at RBL, which you can see very clearly in his goals and assist stats.

The reason there could be any doubt is because Liverpool is so woeful at the back that Klopp may be tempted to play him deeper in a less natural position.

I remember you trying to pull the same tone when I told you Kolasinac from the same league was a great buy - you've been quiet enough on that while he's became one of the best full backs in the EPL.

Hound

Quote from: bennydorano on November 21, 2017, 11:27:28 PM
At 2-0 I was checking Seville's price to back them, even at that stage it looked like a goal fest that could go any way,a 2-0 lead was inconsequential.
I checked at 3-1, and it was 30/1 for Seville to win, 11/1 draw.

To be honest, I thought we'd weathered the storm after we took off the moron and put Can into the middle. We had a couple of great chances to make it 4-2. As mentioned by others, apart from the phackface, I thought our worst players in the 2nd half were our 2 central midfielders rather than the other 3 defenders. I thought Firmino had a very poor half too, after being so good in the 1st half.

We're a model to knock ourselves out now. Could/should have won all 5 games. 

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

No, he is mainly used as an attacking midfielder at RBL, which you can see very clearly in his goals and assist stats.

The reason there could be any doubt is because Liverpool is so woeful at the back that Klopp may be tempted to play him deeper in a less natural position.

I remember you trying to pull the same tone when I told you Kolasinac from the same league was a great buy - you've been quiet enough on that while he's became one of the best full backs in the EPL.

The bit in bold suggests to me you are passing internet gained knowledge off as your own. Fair play to you if you watch enough German  football to know better and I apologise if so.. I vaguely remember a conversation before, didn't realise it was with you, I'd say the point I was trying to make was that in general us football fans talk shite and sometimes players that we know little about gain almost mythical qualities.

On Kolasinic, I have to say I've not noticed whether he's any good or not, he is in my fantasy team though and has been good for a few points.

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2017, 05:23:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

The bit in bold suggests to me you are passing internet gained knowledge off as your own. Fair play to you if you watch enough German  football to know better and I apologise if so.. I vaguely remember a conversation before, didn't realise it was with you, I'd say the point I was trying to make was that in general us football fans talk shite and sometimes players that we know little about gain almost mythical qualities.

On Kolasinic, I have to say I've not noticed whether he's any good or not, he is in my fantasy team though and has been good for a few points.

The bit in bold is you trying to read far too much between the lines. If your only response is 'you know nuthin', it's no response at all.

laoislad

No sign of EC Unique GJL and his smiley faces tonight...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Captain Obvious

Conte celebrated that flukey Chelsea goal like it was a goal of the season contender.  ::)

Boycey

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 25, 2017, 07:20:42 PM
Conte celebrated that flukey Chelsea goal like it was a goal of the season contender.  ::)

Manager celebrates goal, whatever next..

Over the Bar

Apparently Klopp's wife doesn't even trust him to walk the family dog....... because he doesn't know how to hold onto a lead!!!  ;D ;D

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Boycey on November 25, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 25, 2017, 07:20:42 PM

Manager celebrates goal, whatever next..
Few celebrate in that manner after a flukey goal..