All Ireland Club Hurling

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 13, 2006, 11:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Loughrea are a good team. No doubt about it. Have been knocking on the door in Galway for the past 5 years or so. They are big and physical but have some good hurlers too. Very strong defence. Didn't concede a single goal in the Galway championship which is quite remarkable. One thing that might hold them back at the very top is that they don't have a star intercounty forward in their ranks a la Portumna or Athenry. They depend for most of their scores on Johnny O'Loughlin who has just been called up to the Galway squad.

Guillem2

Good luck to the Antrim and Ulster representatives in All Ireland Semi Finals this weekend!!
CLooney Gaels (JHC), Gort na Mona (IHC), and Ruairi ogs (SHC) can all do us proud.

Both senior semi finals are on live on TG4. Ballyhale Shamrocks v Toomvara 1.00pm Saturday
Ruairi ogs v Loughrea 1.00pm Sunday.

Looking forward to a good wekend of hurling. Unfortunantly due to work I can't get to any of the games but hopefully someone can post latest scores up here.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Redhandfan

Good luck to the Dall on Sunday.  It would be a great boost and start to the year for Antrim hurling if they could get the the better of Loughrea in this weekend's semi-final.

I see where Ulster's Intermediate hopefuls Gort na Mona were getting a bit of a pep talk from Gerry Adams recently, ahead of their forthcoming All-Ireland Semi-Final.  Let's hope the Sinn Fein leader has the midas touch and provided them with enough inspiration to make it through to the decider.   

Lecale2

Good luck to Cushendall. They might have a chance in this one.  Both teams have tight defences so don't expect goals. Southern teams always under-estimate northern opponents at the semi final stage and many have lived to regrete it over the years. Hopefully Cushendall can go a step further than Ballygalget last year.

Lecale2

After yesterday's match I'd say there's no doubt about who the cahmpions will be but it's still an achievement to reach the final. I can't see it being half the game we saw yesterday.

Syd The Sailor

I have been telling you lads that Cushendall didnt have the scoring power to go the distance, 0-9 isnt going to win you too many games. A few players seemed to freeze a little
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

BottleOfStout

No doubt about it , we could have won the game today put did noy have the forward power to finish the job

Syd The Sailor

Fair comment Bottle of Stout. Most of the forwards didnt count, i know the conditions were not great but you want a better return than 0-9 after 62mins. Someone like Brian Delargy is never gonna get you enough scores, breaking and winning the ball just isnt enough at this level. I thought Karls man gave him a hard enough time too, did you think Kearney maybe could have got the goal? Loughrea player didnt hit it that hard and if he hadnt of done the Hollywood dive i think he may have got it
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

theskull1

Definately there for the taking BoS as Loughrea could also be accused of not having the forward power either. Didn't think youse coped well at all with the pitch and conditions. Hard Luck

Brillant Result for Clooney Gaels if the reports are right. What a result for SW Antrim Hurling. With Tir Na Og, Creggan and Clooneys both getting good numbers at Juvenile, this could be a real shot in the arm for hurling in Antrim if these clubs can push on and try to emulate their near neighbours

Still no news of Gort Na Mona....can anybody post the score?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Baile an tuaigh

First of all very hard luck to Cushendall. I know the conditions were diabolical but I did notice a deferance from yesterdays game and todays. That was the ability of forwards to make better use of position and run at defenses there for leaving gaps. In the first half Cushendall wernt really giving they forwards much chance with the type of ball they were playing in. A lot of balls were just balloned and one forward tried to stop before stiking the ball and was susquently blocked. In the secound half they made much better youse of position which should have yielded more scores. Cushendall are a very young team and the experiance will stand to them. I must say their defence  was excellant. I also think the final could be closer than some people think.

milltown row

Though the conditions were bad, I cant see anybody beating the Shamrocks. The game they played against Toomevara was possibly one of the best games of hurling county/club you will witness this year. I'm sure Loughrea will put in a mighty effort but the quality and fitness of Ballyhale will come through.

The weather played its part in yesterday's game but Cushendall will come away knowing that they could have had at least a draw from this game. In the last 5 minutes they had chances to get the 3 points back to level it, but bad options cost them. The goal that finally killed them off was a foul and the referee should have blown it right away (if he had have seen it) the guy fouled the ball when handing it of to Vinny Maher.

SouthArmaghBandit

Can someone post the results? I can't find them any where on the web. As usual Aertel is useless. If Clooney really did win fair play to them!

imtommygunn

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=366

It's official. Massive result for Ahoghill. Absolutely massive. Well done.

SlimShady

Congrats to Clooney Gaels, Ahoghill men are going to Croker and fair fucks to them!!

They won by a point after extra time, draw at half time, draw at full time, draw at half time in extra time and they were a point down with a few minutes left. 2 late points won it for them.

The Truth

Yesterdays match did not show up any surprises. Cushendall dont have the forwards at this level, 0-9 will win you an U-12 match at a push. Most of the forwards didnt count, i knew when big Jacqueline came on they had were gonna get beat.....
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"