The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 17, 2017, 12:08:59 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2017, 08:16:37 PM
Look how much spons Leeds miss out on every year they fluff promotion

No Leeds fan needs reminding of that. I'd say having money from just one of the big transfers and contracts of the Ridsdale era would represent some lift now.

I thought that Fulham would have been favourites to go up but they fell at the semi-final stage this evening. Hope the winners of Wednesday and Huddersfield make it to the Premier League now.

Galling when you see how poor both Reading and Fulham were last night - come on the Owls. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lurganblue

Hard to believe a team with Paul McShane in it has a chance to go up.  Surprised at Fulham.  Hope Wednesday go up.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Rufus T Firefly

Just when things were beginning to look up with the takeover of Radrizzani. Gutted by this news and it's a real blow to the Club.

I get a sense, trying to read between the lines of the BBC Report that the Club was trying to tie him down long term but although willing to stay, he did not want to commit to the long term.

Billys Boots

I heard the opposite Rufus, he wanted a 3-yr contract, but he was only being offered 12-months. 

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyHarp

I don't think the new owner ever wanted Monk. He'll bring in his own obscure foreign manager and Leeds will be back to square one.
That was never a square ball!!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 25, 2017, 04:20:19 PM
I heard the opposite Rufus, he wanted a 3-yr contract, but he was only being offered 12-months.

Definitely appears to be versions here Billy that are conflicting to a degree.

I see early talk of Aitor Karanka. His Premiership tenure with Middleborough was very uninspiring but he does have a promotion on his CV.

Milltown Row2

Heading to Leeds for a piss up this weekend, Good city for pubs/clubs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 26, 2017, 11:42:16 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on May 25, 2017, 04:20:19 PM

Definitely appears to be versions here Billy that are conflicting to a degree.

I see early talk of Aitor Karanka. His Premiership tenure with Middleborough was very uninspiring but he does have a promotion on his CV.

He appears to be a bit of a diva - he'll fit in well with the board so.

seafoid

Leeds are 5th now . 5 points off Bristol City in second.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ziggy90

Quote from: seafoid on December 29, 2017, 10:23:24 PM
Leeds are 5th now . 5 points off Bristol City in second.

And you're playing us today, probably the easiest three points  Leeds will get this season?
This is one of those proper "grudge" matches, at least amongst the fans it is.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Mourne Rover

Fairly typical of Leeds to go on a brilliant run, with 16 points from 18, and then slip up against the team who are bottom of the league after a string of defeats. The transfer window will be crucial, with at least a striker and a left back needed urgently, although it is notoriously difficult to recruit quality players in the championship at this time of year.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Mourne Rover on December 30, 2017, 05:32:30 PM
Fairly typical of Leeds to go on a brilliant run, with 16 points from 18, and then slip up against the team who are bottom of the league after a string of defeats. The transfer window will be crucial, with at least a striker and a left back needed urgently, although it is notoriously difficult to recruit quality players in the championship at this time of year.

Surely a new goalkeeper must be up for consideration? Wiedwald appears to have made another mistake today that cost the goal, and both he and Lonergan have had the keeper's jersey, which reflects the inconsistency of both. I'd have Silvestri back in a heartbeat.

You're right about a striker. Is the money from the Wood deal available? Lasogga has been very disappointing for a player of his back ground (German Under 21 International) and physique (for such a big fella, he seems easily cowed).

The squad just does not look as if it could remain in the top six to the end of the season.

Rufus T Firefly

I think today's match highlighted the need for more reinforcements in attack. Seemed to own the ball but lacked a real threat up front. I don't think Roofe is a natural striker and Lasogga doesn't appear to really cut it for me. That is two bad results - away to bottom side Birmingham City and home to Forest - where we should have been taking at least four points, which given other results, would have left us pushing for second place.

A very important month coming up.