Dublin Vrs Kerry Croke Park

Started by Mid Mon, January 30, 2007, 08:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

Just anounced on 2FM that they are considering switching the Dublin Kerry game to Croke Park

Kerry Mike

Any pre-championship run-out in Croker are always welcome especially for any new members of the Kerry panel that Pat O'Shea might unveil in the next few weeks, we dont get to play the Dubs there too much so it should be a good day out. However cant see too many from the Kingdom making the long expensive trek. It will be handy for all the ex-pat animals in the Pale though.

Looking forward to it.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tubberman

What Mulvihill said, is that if both Kerry and Dublin are both still in the running for the league (i.e. a meaningful match for both teams), then it might be a possibility.
So I wouldn't assume it will be there. As Kerry Mike said, it's unlikely the Kerry crowd would bother to travel in large numbers
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Gnevin

Quote from: Tubberman on January 30, 2007, 09:20:05 AM
As Kerry Mike said, it's unlikely the Kerry crowd would bother to travel in large numbers ever if its not a final
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Kerry Mike

ouch...low blow there gnevin.

Shure tis a good day you get to play in an AI final, the amount of support or noise they make is not what gets you there, its the performance of 15 lads kicking a bag of air around the field that matters, of course we have our fair weather supporters but every county has them, will the Sold Out signs be out for all Dublins home games this league?

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

tayto

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 30, 2007, 11:33:46 AM
of course we have our fair weather supporters but every county has them, will the Sold Out signs be out for all Dublins home games this league?

Non-dub admits to having some fair weather supporters!!!  :o :o :o :o

Fair play!   ;)

INDIANA

not going to happen we're happy enough to play in parnell- kerry supporters wouldn't watch kerry in their own back gardens in a league game - mullvihill should keep his big gob shut an odd time rather than uttering such utter tosh.

thebandit

I was at Dublin v Monaghan last year, and there was as many Monaghan people in Parnell park as there was dubs...

tayto

bandit you are talking out your hole, i was there and there was only a handful of monaghhan fans in the ground. good laugh they were to.

Mike Sheehy

It would be good to play Dublin in our home ground alright.