Why do we Bother!!!

Started by Mid Mon, April 15, 2009, 03:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

it would make ya think.....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

blewuporstuffed

think i'm gonna move the mile across the border,give up my job and take up golf.
unbelievable!!!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Katchit

First phase - Unprotected sex

Actually no, first phase - Find a woman  :P

Maiden1

The welfare system in the south is crazy, you can get 200 euro a week for sitting on the dole, there is people in the north who work 5 days a week that after tax would barely clear £200 (it's about £60 in the north I think).  Also the pension in the south is 2 or 3 times as high in the north.  My wife was talking to a cousin of hers last week who has 4 young children in the south and they get 780 euro a week in benefits, her cousin works as well.  After she told me this I thought what are we doing living and working in the north.  It does seem a bit crazy.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Maiden1 on April 15, 2009, 04:33:09 PM
The welfare system in the south is crazy, you can get 200 euro a week for sitting on the dole, there is people in the north who work 5 days a week that after tax would barely clear £200 (it's about £60 in the north I think).  Also the pension in the south is 2 or 3 times as high in the north.  My wife was talking to a cousin of hers last week who has 4 young children in the south and they get 780 euro a week in benefits, her cousin works as well.  After she told me this I thought what are we doing living and working in the north.  It does seem a bit crazy.

Maybe we could use this to convince unionists of the benefits (pardon the pun) of a united Ireland?

Tempoman

There are more people claiming benefits in Ballyconnell, county cavan than actually live there!!

Roger

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 15, 2009, 04:52:44 PM

Maybe we could use this to convince unionists of the benefits (pardon the pun) of a united Ireland?
It's not sustainable now in Eire or in the bizarre event of an all-island of Ireland state. Can't see how you could convince unionists or nationalists of the benefits of an Ireland united in bankruptcy.

Rossfan

Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2009, 05:26:17 PM
[It's not sustainable now in Eire

There is no place called "Eire"(sic)  in the English Language . >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pintsofguinness

I dont understand why the government see nothing wrong with this!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Subbie

It's not sustainable now in Eire or in the bizarre event of an all-island of Ireland state. Can't see how you could convince unionists or nationalists of the benefits of an Ireland united in bankruptcy.

p***k

mylestheslasher

Oh come on roger old chap. It wasn't that long ago that even Big(ot) Ian was advocating a United ireland of sorts when he wanted special status for 6 county beef. If one thing would change unionist attitude it would be in their pockets. Surely all the tattooed loyalist thugs would love the extra benefits in the republic, they could give up the drug dealing and live an honest life.

Gnevin

This is some joke . How can he be earning €10,034 more on the dole! Of course you talk of cut backs to the dole and the likes Rossfan are outraged.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.