GAA clubs in new York

Started by stibhan, March 10, 2009, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stibhan

Hi lads, I was wondering if someone could pass me information about junior GAA clubs in New York? I was thinking of going over this summer and wanted to know if I could get a job and accomodation from one of these clubs. I'm not the best player in the world mind, so I wouldn't be looking for something too serious or at least at too high a level cause I'd embarrass myself. Gettin a J1 if that makes a difference, I tried e-mailing a few clubs but no response.

Cheers!

heganboy

unfortunately the days of a flights accommodation and a job are long gone in New York for anything but the county level player. In fact in New york a number of clubs are not fielding teams this year. However the definition of "too high level" is unlikely- if you play senior championship you'll have no bother playing in NYC.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stibhan

Quote from: heganboy on March 10, 2009, 05:50:22 PM
unfortunately the days of a flights accommodation and a job are long gone in New York for anything but the county level player. In fact in New york a number of clubs are not fielding teams this year. However the definition of "too high level" is unlikely- if you play senior championship you'll have no bother playing in NYC.

Is it because of the credit crunch and that or are there still jobs available somewhere in America? I'm nowhere near Senior Championship which is why I was asking for a junior team! I'd be Junior Championship standard and then just about...!

bigfrank

many players for states this summer,its gettin to that time of year when its starts to rumour??? I been away few times playin,thinkin bout it again this summer??