Anastasia Kriegel

Started by Dinny Breen, May 25, 2018, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 20, 2019, 03:11:43 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2019, 03:04:03 PM
It's very easy to be judgmental about someone's immediate reaction to a scenario you will never, ever find yourself in.

Could not agree more. I have no idea what the parents are like as characters, but his world has been turned upside down and in a devastating way, with that announcement.

Well that is exactly the point, as far as he is concerned it's his son's and his family's world that have been turned upside down, there is not a single thought for the real victim or her family in his mind even though his son was clearly up to his neck in the most heinous of crimes imaginable. For me that tells me everything about his character that I need to know.

thebuzz

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 20, 2019, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2019, 02:47:00 PM
Parent in not wanting to believe their teenage child is a murderer shocker.

Anyone pretending that they are 100% sure they'd sit there all solemn and respectful is talking out of their hole.

I would say the vast majority of people would never consider doing what your man done. No offence but you obviously had a different upbringing if you think that is an acceptable way to behave.

Of it's not acceptable, but that doesn't mean it's not understandable. The point (which you've clearly failed to grasp repeatedly) is that I don't imagine it's particularly easy to think and behave rationally, and thus really question whether your behaviour is acceptable or not, when your 14 year old child has just been found guilty of murder.

It's very easy to be judgmental about someone's immediate reaction to a scenario you will never, ever find yourself in.

I didn't see the incident but like you say in that split second it would be quite likely that most parents would react in a way in which they normally wouldn't. I hope I never find myself in such a situation either.

gallsman

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 20, 2019, 03:26:27 PM

Could not agree more. I have no idea what the parents are like as characters, but his world has been turned upside down and in a devastating way, with that announcement.

Well that is exactly the point, as far as he is concerned it's his son's and his family's world that have been turned upside down, there is not a single thought for the real victim or her family in his mind even though his son was clearly up to his neck in the most heinous of crimes imaginable. For me that tells me everything about his character that I need to know.

You expect any reasonable, normal parent's first thoughts not to be about their own child?

Keyser soze

Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2019, 03:32:19 PM

You expect any reasonable, normal parent's first thoughts not to be about their own child?

I would say that any reasonable normal parents would attempt to offer solace and comfort to their child in those circumstances.

Rather than slow handclapping and calling the jury and gardai scumbags. But maybe thats just me. 

I am going to leave this here as I find people empathising with this behaviour really distasteful. 

manfromdelmonte

Maybe the child's behaviour is reflecting the parents' behaviour displayed in court?
Unaccepting of authority and a disregard for other people

Dire Ear

Without all the requoting;  I'd agree with you Keyser

Denn Forever

Shut it down until the sentencing?  Very depressing.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2019, 12:25:19 PM
They weren't best mates. Boy B might have thought they were but Boy A made it clear they weren't.

The fact he said he laughed it off isn't what matters. What matters is whether the members of the jury believed this or not. Evidently they didn't.

According to the IT article that was the other way round, Boy A described them as best friends, B distance lad himself. Consistent with his lies though.

Heartbreaking to read that article

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/ana-kriƩgel-murder-trial-the-complete-story-1.3929570?mode=amp
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Maiden1

Incredibly depressing when you read how much bullying Anastasia and other young people have been exposed to even before this happening to her.  I know of 3 children around my oldest child's age that are leaving or have left 'good' grammar schools in the last couple of years because they have been bullied, 1 of which his mother found out about the bullying when she found a suicide note.  My wife spoke to our son on this, have you ever been bullied? do you know of any of this sort of thing going on on the school bus etc.? would you tell anyone/do anything if you did see any? God forbid any of my children would ever be a bully, I hope and think not but I am sure everyone thinks there child never would.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2019, 03:32:19 PM

You'd think they'd have had plenty of time to mull over the likely outcome of being found guilty. Any reasonable, normal parent would have probably prepared for such a verdict. The da is a complete sc**bag, the poor girls parents having to see his pathetic behaviour. That's no way to get on, hopefully he gets a nice fine to rub salt into his "wounds".

gallsman

Inverted commas? Are you suggesting they're not real wounds?!

Dougal Maguire

Have some people here got insider knowledge of Boy B's dad, or are comments like scum bag solely based on his immediate reaction after the verdict? 
Careful now

Rossfan

Nothing like an ignorant vigilante mob in full flow.
Seems some of the cnuts posted  another lad's photo as one of the pair.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

3 years in jail for the person(s) who put up an image of an innocent  young boy as guilty of murder on Facebook. Really disgusting on top of disgusting stuff.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Rudi on June 20, 2019, 09:18:04 PM
3 years in jail for the person(s) who put up an image of an innocent  young boy as guilty of murder on Facebook. Really disgusting on top of disgusting stuff.

No. That type of protection is only for the perpetrators of serious crimes.