Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on September 23, 2019, 10:57:41 PM
I think it's well accepted that it's ex provos involved in criminality and dissidents who are perpetrating these acts but they are just basically the thugs for hire.

What really interests me is the motives for it? Obviously they get paid for it and will get looked after for this campaign but who is behind it, who is really pulling the strings. For me, there is only one group of people with the motive for it but they would hardly be that stupid and desparate to undertake this barbaric course of action? I know the media have been pointing the finger at a well known criminal as the main man but I find it hard to see what he gains from it other than he is the hired muscle for someone higher up.

I'm utterly perplexed by it all.

Would be absolutely and completed flabbergasted if it wasn't the Quinns to be perfectly honest. Want the business back, what better way than to make it completely odious and impossible to run? I wonder which hero might step up and offer to help clear the toxic spill?

Who indeed.

five points

Quote from: gortnaleck on September 24, 2019, 01:49:43 AM
Could it be that the new regime has not the ability to come up with protection money. I imagine Seán could have access to whatever was needed but that now there is no place on the balance sheet for this transaction

No other business in the region has reported being bothered for protection money.

supersarsfields

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 24, 2019, 11:19:13 AM
I think it's well accepted that it's ex provos involved in criminality and dissidents who are perpetrating these acts but they are just basically the thugs for hire.

What really interests me is the motives for it? Obviously they get paid for it and will get looked after for this campaign but who is behind it, who is really pulling the strings. For me, there is only one group of people with the motive for it but they would hardly be that stupid and desparate to undertake this barbaric course of action? I know the media have been pointing the finger at a well known criminal as the main man but I find it hard to see what he gains from it other than he is the hired muscle for someone higher up.

Would be absolutely and completed flabbergasted if it wasn't the Quinns to be perfectly honest. Want the business back, what better way than to make it completely odious and impossible to run? I wonder which hero might step up and offer to help clear the toxic spill?

Who indeed.

I personally doubt that it was the Quinns given the long relationship they have with Kevin Lunney. One of the daughters in particular is still close.
There's another line being looked into regarding another family feud that has been on-going with the Lunney's and another local family. The history of which Kevin was attached earlier this year and had his nose broken as a result. I believe there's on-going legal action regarding it currently.
Can never be sure obviously, but I would be surprised (and disgusted) if it traced back to the Quinns.

Angelo

The only real plausible motive I can come up with is that these attacks are being orchestrated by the Quinns or someone close to them in order to wrestle control back over their former business empire.

Otherwise why would these attacks be happening? Why did they cease when Quinn had a role back in the business? It all looks very, very shady for the Quinns.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 24, 2019, 12:04:19 PM

Who indeed.

I personally doubt that it was the Quinns given the long relationship they have with Kevin Lunney. One of the daughters in particular is still close.
There's another line being looked into regarding another family feud that has been on-going with the Lunney's and another local family. The history of which Kevin was attached earlier this year and had his nose broken as a result. I believe there's on-going legal action regarding it currently.
Can never be sure obviously, but I would be surprised (and disgusted) if it traced back to the Quinns.

I don't see why the fact that they were once close would do anything to discount Quinn's involvement. It might in fact do more to explain it. Quinn feels betrayed that someone close to him has now usurped the business empire he built.

By some bizarre stretch the Quinns somehow believe they are victims here. They believe they have a divine right and entitlement to all the wealthy and power they once despite the fact they lost it all through greed and reckless gambling.

The Quinns got an awful amount of local support during their initial fall. I presume the nature of these attacks and their unwillingness to take their medicine would have lost that groundswell of support?

Main Street

Who indeed.

Are you serious? This is a 'bit' more than a local spat against an individual who just happens to be chief operating officer of Quinn Industrial Holdings. Or perhaps the particularily barbaric attack on Lunney, threats made against the company directors and the number of attacks against the company are merely part of an elaborate smokescreen carried out by the dumbest local spat thugs in Irish history, who now find themselves public enemy  nr.1 n the middle of a PSNI/Garda hunt.

As regards the alleged long relationship Quinns have with Kevin Lunney, Sean Quinn was quoted in the Indo
Asked  if he has contacted Mr Lunney or had a message for his family, Sean Quinn said: "No. I have not been speaking to Kevin Lunney or any of the Lunneys now in five years."

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on September 24, 2019, 12:51:28 PM

Who indeed.

I don't see why the fact that they were once close would do anything to discount Quinn's involvement. It might in fact do more to explain it. Quinn feels betrayed that someone close to him has now usurped the business empire he built.

By some bizarre stretch the Quinns somehow believe they are victims here. They believe they have a divine right and entitlement to all the wealthy and power they once despite the fact they lost it all through greed and reckless gambling.

The Quinns got an awful amount of local support during their initial fall. I presume the nature of these attacks and their unwillingness to take their medicine would have lost that groundswell of support?

I don't think the Quinns see themselves as victims here at all. Do you honestly think that SQ believes that this sort of an attack is going to make him look like a suitable target for investment. It has damaged any opportunity he would have to try and get investment to buy the business back as it's been linked to him.
The Quinns have no divine right to wealth any more than anyone else. But they have tried to start again and have managed to build up a fairly successful betting business although at a different level to the Quinn group at it's peak.
With regards to the local support, there would have been a fair bit of hostility to Kevin Lunney in the local community. I think the hostility to KL and the other Directors has mellowed as a result of this attack. There still seems to be support for the Quinns but I'm sure you won't be the only one linking the attacks to them so I'm sure that will have some effect.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Main Street on September 24, 2019, 01:03:17 PM

Who indeed.

Are you serious? This is a 'bit' more than a local spat against an individual who just happens to be chief operating officer of Quinn Industrial Holdings. Or perhaps the particularily barbaric attack on Lunney, threats made against the company directors and the number of attacks against the company are merely part of an elaborate smokescreen carried out by the dumbest local spat thugs in Irish history, who now find themselves public enemy  nr.1 n the middle of a PSNI/Garda hunt.

As regards the alleged long relationship Quinns have with Kevin Lunney, Sean Quinn was quoted in the Indo
Asked  if he has contacted Mr Lunney or had a message for his family, Sean Quinn said: "No. I have not been speaking to Kevin Lunney or any of the Lunneys now in five years."

Am I serious about what? 

LeoMc

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 24, 2019, 02:05:21 PM

Who indeed.

Am I serious about what?

This!

There's another line being looked into regarding another family feud that has been on-going with the Lunney's and another local family. The history of which Kevin was attached earlier this year and had his nose broken as a result. I believe there's on-going legal action regarding it currently

a punch an a thrown coffee from a 21 year old escalates into full on Paramilitary torture?

supersarsfields

Quote from: LeoMc on September 24, 2019, 02:09:08 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 24, 2019, 02:05:21 PM

Who indeed.

Am I serious about what?

This!

There's another line being looked into regarding another family feud that has been on-going with the Lunney's and another local family. The history of which Kevin was attached earlier this year and had his nose broken as a result. I believe there's on-going legal action regarding it currently

a punch an a thrown coffee from a 21 year old escalates into full on Paramilitary torture?

Enough for the PSNI to be investigating that line anyway. If you think they're on the wrong track I'm sure they would be keen to hear why?  It might be worth adding the local spat is with a local family with an "alleged" Republican background. And runs to more than the publicized attack. 

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 24, 2019, 01:59:57 PM

Who indeed.

I don't think the Quinns see themselves as victims here at all. Do you honestly think that SQ believes that this sort of an attack is going to make him look like a suitable target for investment. It has damaged any opportunity he would have to try and get investment to buy the business back as it's been linked to him.
The Quinns have no divine right to wealth any more than anyone else. But they have tried to start again and have managed to build up a fairly successful betting business although at a different level to the Quinn group at it's peak.
With regards to the local support, there would have been a fair bit of hostility to Kevin Lunney in the local community. I think the hostility to KL and the other Directors has mellowed as a result of this attack. There still seems to be support for the Quinns but I'm sure you won't be the only one linking the attacks to them so I'm sure that will have some effect.

Are you the Quinn Family PR department?

That leads right out of the top drawer of propaganda for them.

The Quinn family showed utter contempt to the taxpayer when they stripped assets and hid funds to enable their lavish lifestyles that should have been used to offset the debt and damage their greed and reckless gambling caused.

They are a reprehensible group of people so I don't get how you can defend their actions with regard to the fallout from their business collapse.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on September 24, 2019, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 24, 2019, 01:59:57 PM

Who indeed.

Are you the Quinn Family PR department?

That leads right out of the top drawer of propaganda for them.

The Quinn family showed utter contempt to the taxpayer when they stripped assets and hid funds to enable their lavish lifestyles that should have been used to offset the debt and damage their greed and reckless gambling caused.

They are a reprehensible group of people so I don't get how you can defend their actions with regard to the fallout from their business collapse.

No. They couldn't afford me.

GetOverTheBar

I duno lad, talk they've a right wee set up out in Sunny Beach that makes plenty of cash

Smokin Joe

In fairness supersarsfields has been very pro-Quinn right from the start of this thread.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 24, 2019, 03:07:28 PM
In fairness supersarsfields has been very pro-Quinn right from the start of this thread.

Yeah, I've never hidden that. Worked with them for a number of years, so accept my view will carry a certain bias.