The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSub

Yeah they did and it was wrong and they were scumbags that done it,Same as the scumbags who done this to the Hillsborough memorial

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm bricking it today - our biggest game since Istanbul

Syd The Sailor

I have a feeling there might be a nasty sting in the tail tonight.... :(
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

lurganblue

looking forward to watching this game tonight although i support neither team. i have a feeling that barca might just nick it with the return of Eto'o...

what do ya's think liverpools tactics will be? will crouch start up front as more of a target man to relieve pressure and hold it up as liverpool sit back? or will they push on from the start for another goal?

full back

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on March 06, 2007, 12:53:52 PM
I have a feeling there might be a nasty sting in the tail tonight.... :(

Here's hoping Syd ;)

Ethan Edwards

Liverpool have the defensive capabilities to withstand the Bara attack but we cant sit back and allow them time and space to come at us, best form of defense is attack, I think if we control midfield we will win the tie,
That'll Be The Day

SuperDooperCooper

Interesting game tonight alright, without doubt the biggest game of the season. I would go with the same team as Saturday with Riise on the wing and aballerdo at left back. Basically the team that started in Spain. Liverpool are playing good stuff, Bellamy only came off against united to rest for tonight. The goal last Saturday will have wiped away any over confidence. Close Barca down and we win. Set pieces will be key. I think (rather than hope) we will be in the hat on Friday. 2-0 to the pool.

Rossie11

Pool should hold on but if they concede in 1st half then it will be nervy.
If Pool happen to score and frustrate them you could see Barca collapse. They are fairly fragile at the moment and
should things not go their way the internal problems which they are having will surface..
Were a goal up, a man up and had a peno V Seville on Saturday.. Missed the pen had 2 men sent off and lost 2-1..

Fr Ted

Have faith lads, rafa will see us through, bound to have more luck than we did on saturday against the mancs, i hope we stick with Bellamy and Kuyt up front, more of a threat than the leaning tower of pisa

The Real Laoislad

Bit nervous over this i have a bad feeling in me tummy but that might just be the curry i had at lunch!!
Im going 1-1 with the Pool winning 3-2 overall though i wouldn't be surprised if it went all the way to penaltys
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

The Rafatola is being paraded up to Anfield.

Gabriel_Hurl

Rafa Benitez has named the same side that beat Barcelona 2-1 in the Nou Camp a fortnight ago for tonight's Champions League last 16 Second Leg at what's sure to be a rocking Anfield.
That means Alvaro Arbeloa returns to the defence, where he's joined by Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger and Steve Finnan. Rafa has opted for Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy up front and he'll be hoping they can cause the Barca defence problems again.

Liverpool - Reina, Finnan, Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Kuyt, Bellamy. Subs - Dudek, Hyypia, Crouch, Pennant, Aurelio, Mascherano, Zenden.

Dubh driocht

The right team-let's get the right result!

Syd The Sailor

Yep lets get wired into the greasy fucks......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ExiledGael

Impressive start from the Pool, Benitez is too shrewd to blow this i think