Carrickmore
Coalisland
Errigal
Ardboe
Kildress
Donaghmore
Non of the above

tieroan

Right folks, with the leagues about to start, lets see how far away we all are from the eventual winners of the Tyrone title. I think it is the most open in years.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

oakleafgael

And what about the other thread titled Tyrone Club Football and Hurling?

orangeman

I can't see Carmen getting beat this year - Dromore will be close to them.

ziggysego

Oh the same mind as you orangeman.

Any Carmen people I talk to aren't happy they haven't won in 3 years and are gunning for it this year.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

They have a real swagger about them this year - all the matches they've played have been against top class opposition and they've blown everyone away - But for Clonoe ????????

WolfeTone

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2008, 01:49:02 PM
They have a real swagger about them this year - all the matches they've played have been against top class opposition and they've blown everyone away - But for Clonoe ????????

Do you mean they've beat everyone but clonoe?
or
Why aren't clonoe in the poll?
Dougal: What's going on?
Priest: I think Ted has a plan
Dougal: No. I mean in general.

loughshore lad

Quote from: WolfeTone on April 03, 2008, 01:58:59 PM

Do you mean they've beat everyone but clonoe?
or
Why aren't clonoe in the poll?

He means if Clonoe had not surprisingly knocked Carmen out in the first round last year they may have gone on to win it.

For me Dromore are the team to beat but Carmen will push them all the way and I wouldnt be at all surprised if Carmen won it.

WolfeTone

I know that Clonoe have been playing a few challenge games round derry (sluaghtneil and dungiven i think).
Highly rated teams in derry, so they must have their sights set high!
Any word on how Damien Cass is gettin on?
Heard theres always a battle round there between boys playin gaelic for clonoe and soccer for coalisland? This is bound to stifle their progress if they cant concentrate on one!
Dougal: What's going on?
Priest: I think Ted has a plan
Dougal: No. I mean in general.

tieroan

Because of Ziggys comments i telephoned my Carmen source just for a yarn and brought in football. He said it was like getting blood from a stone information wise from any of the players at the minute but he did say they gave Mayobridge a while tanking last week with the bridge having Walsh, Coulter Sexton etc all playing. Apparently Mark Donnelly scored 1-7.
Reading between the lines I think they may be a little bit scred of Loughmacrory after what happened them last year. I cant see them improving from an average team last year to county champions last year. I predict a repeat of last years final if they stay apart with the Fianna reaping revenge.

ziggysego

Greencastle were supposed to play them a while back. Unfortunately the game was called off due to the terrible weather that weekend.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: tieroan on April 03, 2008, 05:09:41 PM
Because of Ziggys comments i telephoned my Carmen source just for a yarn and brought in football. He said it was like getting blood from a stone information wise from any of the players at the minute but he did say they gave Mayobridge a while tanking last week with the bridge having Walsh, Coulter Sexton etc all playing. Apparently Mark Donnelly scored 1-7.
Reading between the lines I think they may be a little bit scred of Loughmacrory after what happened them last year. I cant see them improving from an average team last year to county champions last year. I predict a repeat of last years final if they stay apart with the Fianna reaping revenge.

I think they have tanked everbody they have played so far including Bellaghy, Mayobridge and others. They have Mark Donnelly back and Mc Keever in from Dungiven who is supposed to be flying.

Carmen for overall glory in 2008 in my book anyway. Dromore won't be far behind them either, Coalisland and Errigal will also be pushing hard.

bridgegael

wouldn read to much into the bridge match,  mayobridge were bout 6/7 short and prob still sleeping from an early start in the morning.  having said that by all accounts carmen played very well and were extremely fit.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

orangeman

Quote from: bridgegael on April 03, 2008, 05:30:23 PM
wouldn read to much into the bridge match,  mayobridge were bout 6/7 short and prob still sleeping from an early start in the morning.  having said that by all accounts carmen played very well and were extremely fit.

Mayobridge are one of the top sides in Ulster and to be beat you by a dozen was no mean feat - you had all the big names on board !

Zapatista

I picked Dromore. Being from Dromore it probably did influence my decision though. I'd have to say i might have picked Carmen otherwise due to the fact they are Carmen and no other reason. They did finish on top of the league but Dromore are a better team. I still might have picked Dromore for winning the double in 07. I'm really looking forward to this Championship. Going in defending the title for the first time definitely adds to it but also bring some extra nerves. To choose any other team ye would need to know something the rest of us don't know or else your hoping for a lucky year, but sometimes that's what Championship football is about ;)