Hello new board- goodbye new board

Started by Bud Wiser, November 13, 2006, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Well said wobbler

We are all getting tarred with the one brush, by the actions of a few.
Testing Accessibility

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: thewobbler on November 13, 2006, 09:23:56 PM
I ask again - what does Bud want us to talk about? I'll append to this, what on earth does Kerry Mike want us to talk about? For example, during the last couple of weeks of the old board, one of the most popular threads was "do you prefer to wear one pair of socks or two?" If that's the type of "general talk" you fellas want, well please turn the lights off after you leave. Give me a match report from an Armagh Harps under-14 friendly any day.

There are three posters on the board who are genuinely intent on having their every thought read, and as such they open a new thread every time to achieve this aim - theGael, Tony Fearon and, to a lesser extent, realredhandfan1. Please do not tar Ulster fans as a result of their actions. You'll find neatly condensed threads on Down, Derry, Armagh, Antrim and Tyrone club football on this board, and that's where you'll find the majority of posters from those counties posting mostly in those threads.

We have a choice with the aformentioned trio, we either ignore them, or we play into their hands.   

Bottom line though gents is that you can't call for changes to make the board more interesting and highbrow unless you are going to start the sea change by posting more interesting and highbrow articles yourself. The trouble, you will no doubt find (if not already), is that having posted on a GAA messsageboard for years as you both have, general topics to talk about dry up - but club and county situations continue to change, if only slightly, on a daily basis.

Good man Wobbler - on the money as usual!  ;)

By the way, is this the deathknell for my 'Armagh Harps Social Club' thread, on non GAA Discussion?   :-[

Fionntamhnach

As I've said before, don't complain about no threads or posts interesting you when you aren't posting any yourself.

I remember when I was the lone Tyrone poster here, you actually had to make an effort then.

SandyHill

Why did we get a new Board and when did it arrive? I've been out of the country for a few days and so maybe I missed the switchover.

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: SandyHill on November 13, 2006, 10:04:15 PM
Why did we get a new Board and when did it arrive? I've been out of the country for a few days and so maybe I missed the switchover.
The previous ezBoard advertising rates were coming up again. Option was to either move back to using the "spare" board on ezboard or going somewhere like this. The latter was chosen, hopefully for the better. Looking between the lines, the hosting for this site has plenty of space available, but of course only the admin knows the full story!

Hardy

Take a bow Bud.

For a midlander you're some fisherman.

SlimShady

Bud Wiser

Quote[/quoteWe are all getting tarred with the one brush, by the actions of a few.]

We are all getting tarred with the one brush, by the actions of a few. - As far as I am concerned all ye Alaskan's are the same. There is no point in blaming Tony Fearon because collectively ye post so much rubbish in one day than most anyone could post in five years.

Rufus T Firefly

Bud

We are all getting tarred with the one brush, by the actions of a few. - As far as I am concerned all ye Alaskan's are the same. There is no point in blaming Tony Fearon because collectively ye post so much rubbish in one day than most anyone could post in five years

:D :D :D

Seriously Bud - it really is time to hit the high seas! 

passedit

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=144.0

Bud, just for you I think we should all mark new threads as per the link above. What do you think?
Don't Panic

ziggysego

Christ he was a grumpy bastard back in the day :D
Testing Accessibility

billy the kid

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

antoinse

Bud I hope you are the wiser,

Had my thread read and commented upon, got good feedback from those that wanted to connect. 

Maybe you should grow up or go to watchin the Den on RTÉ 2.

corn02

Bud is one of the top posters on the board, why all the abuse?

deiseach

Quote from: hardstation on October 22, 2008, 04:03:39 PM
Why did ziggy bring this back?

To prove that the good ol' days of the board were anything but.