Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: clonian on July 21, 2023, 12:12:54 PM

I honestly don't care about who's the captain any more, probably because of the latest ones were all shite to be fair. For the first time in a while we have a few genuine leaders in the team that don't need the arm band to do their job.

The keeper picking 24 to play in when 1 was free has annoyed me more to be honest. Don't understand why lads want stupid numbers especially keepers.

Actually? Like genuinely seriously?

clonian

Quote from: gallsman on July 21, 2023, 01:16:50 PM
Quote from: clonian on July 21, 2023, 12:12:54 PM

I honestly don't care about who's the captain any more, probably because of the latest ones were all shite to be fair. For the first time in a while we have a few genuine leaders in the team that don't need the arm band to do their job.

The keeper picking 24 to play in when 1 was free has annoyed me more to be honest. Don't understand why lads want stupid numbers especially keepers.

Actually? Like genuinely seriously?

More than Bruno getting the armband yes. Not going to lose sleep over either decision though.

Dar31

Hojlund confirmed its big money for potential but hopefully its money well spent ten hag wanted him so at least they backed him and he should get plenty of chances to score with  fernandes mount etc assisting

GJL

When is the last time Utd set targets and got them signed early enough to prepare well for the season. Things are changing for the better.

AustinPowers

He's hardly  a prolific scorer . 10 goal last season.  Only 20 years old , and  coming to a new league.  A big gamble   this.

£72 million. How much  more would Kane have cost?

jcpen

Quote from: GJL on July 29, 2023, 10:33:32 PM
When is the last time Utd set targets and got them signed early enough to prepare well for the season. Things are changing for the better.
Are they really changing though? Huge sum of money on a unproven young lad, Martial and Sancho springs to mind of similar transfers and they haven't really worked out at all.

Would Evan Ferguson not have been worth a shot and probably would have been got for far less and has probably as much potential as this Hojlund fella.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Nanderson

Quote from: jcpen on July 30, 2023, 05:43:35 AM
Quote from: GJL on July 29, 2023, 10:33:32 PM
Are they really changing though? Huge sum of money on a unproven young lad, Martial and Sancho springs to mind of similar transfers and they haven't really worked out at all.

Would Evan Ferguson not have been worth a shot and probably would have been got for far less and has probably as much potential as this Hojlund fella.
You think Brighton would have let Ferguson go to another premier league time for less than 70m euros?

Dar31

Ten hag wanted hojlund so obviously that was the deciding factor well he wanted kane no1 but no one wants to deal with spurs so hopefully it all works out united had no choice but to pay once psg started sniffing around . I would like to see utd move on a bit more dead wood so some of the hungry academy players get a chance

Ghost

Quote from: Dar31 on July 30, 2023, 08:53:46 AM
Ten hag wanted hojlund so obviously that was the deciding factor well he wanted kane no1 but no one wants to deal with spurs so hopefully it all works out united had no choice but to pay once psg started sniffing around . I would like to see utd move on a bit more dead wood so some of the hungry academy players get a chance

Speaking of academy players, watched a bit of the pre season games and the young lad Kobe Mainoo really stood out as best you can in pre season anyway. Unfortunately he picked up an injury against Madrid. Not sure how serious it is but I think we'll see a fair bit more of him this year especially if the likes of Fred and van de beek are moved on.

Joeythelips

A lot of pressure on him as United desperately need a striker. I get Kane would have cost more in transfer fee and wages but you know your getting a proven PL striker who gets 20+ goals every season which could potentially make United genuine challengers for the title. Hojlund must be really good or has an awesome agent. Made his debut for Copenhagan in Oct 2020, Jan 2022 Stum Graz paid £1.5m for him (he scored 12 goals for them) and in the August 2022  Atalanta paid £15m (he scored 10 goals) and one year later he is going to Man Utd for £72m!!!

I know people saying Levy wouldn't not sell Kane to PL rivals but if he ain't signing contract the ball is most certainly in Kanes court, the same Kane who Levy screwed over when City wanted him. If he goes to Munich he is off his rocker, at least win a title worth something, Munich have won the last 11 Bundesliga titles so he might as well join Celtic if he wants a league medal guaranteed. He also will lose the chance to beat Shearers PL record, he gets 85% of the way to that target and heads of for foreign shores seems odd. If I were him I would stay put and get the big pay day next summer you pick your club as they will all want him, united, Madrid etc and you get revenge on Levy.

Cunny Funt

What has changed is getting the summer transfer business done quicker, even last season a few was brought in on deadline day.

For years United have been signing strikers past their peak as a stop gap, they were basically gambles that didn't pay off. Rasmus Hojlund is a signing with a long term vision, I think that shows the club is putting more thought into transfers with the manager getting a bigger say in such transfers. As for the price tag overinflated yes and expected when business men are closing out the deals.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 30, 2023, 10:41:41 AM
A lot of pressure on him as United desperately need a striker. I get Kane would have cost more in transfer fee and wages but you know your getting a proven PL striker who gets 20+ goals every season which could potentially make United genuine challengers for the title. Hojlund must be really good or has an awesome agent. Made his debut for Copenhagan in Oct 2020, Jan 2022 Stum Graz paid £1.5m for him (he scored 12 goals for them) and in the August 2022  Atalanta paid £15m (he scored 10 goals) and one year later he is going to Man Utd for £72m!!!

I know people saying Levy wouldn't not sell Kane to PL rivals but if he ain't signing contract the ball is most certainly in Kanes court, the same Kane who Levy screwed over when City wanted him. If he goes to Munich he is off his rocker, at least win a title worth something, Munich have won the last 11 Bundesliga titles so he might as well join Celtic if he wants a league medal guaranteed. He also will lose the chance to beat Shearers PL record, he gets 85% of the way to that target and heads of for foreign shores seems odd. If I were him I would stay put and get the big pay day next summer you pick your club as they will all want him, united, Madrid etc and you get revenge on Levy.

Players play to win trophys first and foremost. I doubt he has Shearers record in mind at this stage. He probably wants to win the champions league and obviously the German league.

BrotherMore6592

Ten Haag no hiding place this season with another big spending summer

Say what you want about arsenal but they hadn't spent much for years pre arteta

United have been consistently blowing the cash and nothing to show for it in terms of progression or even getting close to a premiership title

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on July 30, 2023, 11:13:50 PM
Ten Haag no hiding place this season with another big spending summer

Say what you want about arsenal but they hadn't spent much for years pre arteta

United have been consistently blowing the cash and nothing to show for it in terms of progression or even getting close to a premiership title

When Arteta gets a league trophy, doesn't shit his pants when it's tough, he'll get all the credit he deserves
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrotherMore6592

You got a Haaland knock off from Wish.com and you know it

Sancho on the verge of going back to Dortmund at one stage there
Maguire bought for 86 and West Ham bidding 20  ;D

Talk of bringing back in Jonny Evans to shore up the defence

Casemiro hit and miss

McFred still lingering about even after horrors shows for years now

Rashford filling the togs when he's most needed

Yous are in a great place alright. I'm happy enough where arsenal are