Messi or Ronaldo - Who's best

Started by toby47, March 14, 2019, 11:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messi or Ronaldo - Who's best

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo

toby47

Quick vote to see who people think is best. (Trying to settle an argument at work more than anything else)

laoislad

And how will a poll on here settle anything?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

How do you weigh this?

It's like GOAT: Maradona or Pele?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: J70 on March 14, 2019, 11:51:03 AM
How do you weigh this?

It's like GOAT: Maradona or Pele?

Neither. Messi.
#newbridgeornowhere

GetOverTheBar

Ronaldo for me.

Reasons, Messi use of HGH as a boy-young adult/Lack of International Win unlike Ronaldo/Messi stayed at Barca - Ronaldo moved in various leagues.

None really completely compelling, but just my own opinion on it.

Both lose points for me on refusing to attend the Balon D'or when Modric won and they knew they wouldn't get recognition.

We are blessed to have been witness to two players of this level in our lifetimes however.

Milltown Row2

Totally different players, same results though (goal count)  their styles are not the same so hard to separate as people will prefer their own
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

A pointless exercise. 

Just enjoy the 2 of them, cause there'll be some hole when they're gone... Nobody else currently comes close

screenexile

Two phenomenal players Ronaldo's performance the other night was outstanding he had no right to score that first goal but sheer will got his head to it.

Messi will always be the best for me. Ronaldo's antics from when he was younger and the fact he's such a diva round the place does my head in. . . plus he played for the most horrible club in the world and I've had one cheer himself up after the weekends humiliation by telling me "Ronnie is the best player in the world Ronnie is a red!"

BennyCake

Big Ronnie for me. Always felt Messi was a bit of a one trick pony.

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on March 14, 2019, 11:56:30 AM
A pointless exercise. 

Just enjoy the 2 of them, cause there'll be some hole when they're gone... Nobody else currently comes close

oakleaflad

I think they are the best two we've seen so far and it's not that close to third. Who's better is up to personal preference, don't think there is a definitive answer.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on March 14, 2019, 12:00:14 PM

The only discernible difference in the 2 players is the fact Messi is no great header of the ball . . . his passing is far superior to Ronaldo's in that  he actually passes the ball!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: screenexile on March 14, 2019, 12:00:42 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 14, 2019, 11:56:30 AM
A pointless exercise. 

Good Lord....have you not seen his record this year v 'The Big Clubs'?

Not something you could ever accuse Messi/Ronaldo of....no shows.

screenexile

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on March 14, 2019, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 14, 2019, 12:00:14 PM

The only discernible difference in the 2 players is the fact Messi is no great header of the ball . . . his passing is far superior to Ronaldo's in that  he actually passes the ball!

I just like knowing Ronaldo could do something spectacular to win a game. Good in the air, a rocket of a free kick, back heel, overhead kick, a strong solo run Yes he can be a petulant child, but I'd much prefer to watch him than Messi. Messi is one dimensional and even though he's very good at what he does, he doesn't interest me like big Ronnie.