The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Hound on February 21, 2018, 08:53:06 AM
Looks to be, based on what I've read of the evidence to date, that Olding must be very close to being cleared.

Entered the room, and as the witness said while we would not have seen actual consent been given, it looked like consensual actions. There was no violence or threat of violence, according to the IP. Witness saw the IP's head bobbing up and down on Olding's midrift and Olding's hands down by his side.

Jackson still a harder case to call. Medical evidence not great from his point of view, but perhaps key that the doctor said the same injuries could be caused if it was consensual.
Where did you read That?  Do you have a link?

sid waddell

Quote from: HiMucker on February 21, 2018, 10:52:57 AM
Looks to be, based on what I've read of the evidence to date, that Olding must be very close to being cleared.

Entered the room, and as the witness said while we would not have seen actual consent been given, it looked like consensual actions. There was no violence or threat of violence, according to the IP. Witness saw the IP's head bobbing up and down on Olding's midrift and Olding's hands down by his side.

Jackson still a harder case to call. Medical evidence not great from his point of view, but perhaps key that the doctor said the same injuries could be caused if it was consensual.

Dara Florence stated she saw "no signs of active consent" from the complainant.

screenexile

Defence doctor trying to shit all over what the prosecutors doc said yesterday!!

Follow @frankgreaney

HiMucker

Quote from: sid waddell on February 21, 2018, 11:20:30 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on February 21, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

Dara Florence stated she saw "no signs of active consent" from the complainant.
Yeah thats what i thought.  So where is this Bobbing up and down coming from?  Or is just the mental image the poster is projecting of "no signs of distress"?

Tony Baloney

No way these fellas are getting time for this. There has been nothing convincing about the case for prosecution.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 21, 2018, 12:02:30 PM
No way these fellas are getting time for this. There has been nothing convincing about the case for prosecution.

I would agree
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sid waddell

Quote from: screenexile on February 21, 2018, 11:24:05 AM
Defence doctor trying to shit all over what the prosecutors doc said yesterday!!

Follow @frankgreaney

'Tis mad stuff altogether.

Looking at the reports of what she has been saying, you'd swear she was a prosecution witness.

Orior

Anyone know what it is like to have your private parts discussed in such detail and across the airwaves?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

longballin

Quote from: Orior on February 21, 2018, 12:44:05 PM
Anyone know what it is like to have your private parts discussed in such detail and across the airwaves?

Two thoughts: the accused should not be named until after a conviction.
Am more convinced a victim (if she is) would be better to try and take law into her own hands than go through truama and abuse of a trial.

Taylor

Quote from: longballin on February 21, 2018, 12:45:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 21, 2018, 12:44:05 PM

Two thoughts: the accused should not be named until after a conviction.
Am more convinced a victim (if she is) would be better to try and take law into her own hands than go through truama and abuse of a trial.

At this stage as no one is innocent or guilty it is absolutely horrific for all parties.

No one will come out of this well and it is clear many lives are ruined irrespective of the outcome unfortunately

AQMP

Quote from: sid waddell on February 21, 2018, 12:28:54 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 21, 2018, 11:24:05 AM

Follow @frankgreaney

'Tis mad stuff altogether.

Looking at the reports of what she has been saying, you'd swear she was a prosecution witness.

The doctor called to give evidence on Jackson's behalf said she didn't see an injury on the alleged victim but admitted she had not examined her and was going on medical notes and a video of the alleged victim's nethers. 

One key point she made was that when the prosecution asked whether most victims of sexual assault resist or allow it to happen she replied that the "overwhelming evidence" shows that victims do not resist.  This comes back to a point made last week, "what does consent look like?"

That snippet sounds like good work by the prosecution

But yes, I agree with your point that some of the prosecution witnesses sound like defence witnesses and vice versa!

magpie seanie

I hope Tony B and Minder are following the evidence this afternoon.

Milltown Row2

With all the evidence on show MS, do believe the prosecution will get all three elements to prove to the jury to convict?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Minder on February 21, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 21, 2018, 12:02:30 PM

I would agree
[/quot
I agree. We will never know what happened that night. She will have wished she took the money and run.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2018, 01:50:01 PM
With all the evidence on show MS, do believe the prosecution will get all three elements to prove to the jury to convict?

I think this afternoon there was a pretty important piece of evidence given by the defence doctor which surprised me and cleared up some doubts I had in the alleged victims story. I don't want to prejudge the decision so please don't ask me. I just think comments like the above from the guys are very off the mark. And a cracker from Jeepers Creepers there as well.  ::)