6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawshank

Quote from: Canalman on April 30, 2010, 12:22:50 PM
Saw a cracking debate on TV last night between Ian Paisley jnr and (I think) Jim Alister....... boy do they despise each other. Magnificent stuff. The SFer and SDLP lads also went at each other but not a patch on the other two.

The host couldn't control them at all. Have to say IP Jnr didn't come out of it too bad.

seen it also, and I tell you if I lived in the north antrim area I would vote DUP to try and make sure that header didn't get in. A dino of hate if ever I saw one.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: shawshank on April 30, 2010, 12:52:36 PM
Saw a cracking debate on TV last night between Ian Paisley jnr and (I think) Jim Alister....... boy do they despise each other. Magnificent stuff. The SFer and SDLP lads also went at each other but not a patch on the other two.

The host couldn't control them at all. Have to say IP Jnr didn't come out of it too bad.

seen it also, and I tell you if I lived in the north antrim area I would vote DUP to try and make sure that header didn't get in. A dino of hate if ever I saw one.

What station was it on?
Tbc....

johnneycool

Were they talking policies or just taking pucks out of each other?

Minder

Paudie has packed it in with the Shinners !

A Sinn Fein councillor has resigned from the party.
Padraig McShane had a reputation as a firebrand after he swore, kicked a chair and walked out of a council meeting in Ballycastle a year ago.
In a statement on Friday, he said he was leaving Sinn Fein. But he remained tight lipped about the reason why.
He said that his decision followed "certain allegations" which might be taken up by "certain hostile media elements".
"My adjudication on this matter leads me to believe that those hostile elements within the media would use any allegation to attack my party and the job of work it has undertaken," he said.
It is understood he will remain as a councillor representing the Glens District in Moyle Council.
At a meeting of the council, a year ago, Mr McShane swore and was abusive during a debate chaired by Ulster Unionist Willie Graham.
He kicked a chair as he walked out of the chamber.
Later he apologised for his behaviour but said that he had been dealing with "an extremely emotive issue".
He was unavailable for comment on Friday, leaving only a message on his mobile phone to say that he was "up a ladder".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Canalman

Quote from: johnneycool on April 30, 2010, 01:43:01 PM
Were they talking policies or just taking pucks out of each other?

No policies discussed. Just laid into each other personally. Court cases mentioned, famillies insulted, allegations of corruption etc. Just chanced on it by accident........ brilliant tv and hope it makes it way to YouTube.

Think it was on UTV.

ziggysego

"The Good Lord gave us two ears, one mouth. Use them to that proportion" Ian Paisly Jr to Jim Allistar!  :D
Testing Accessibility

cabra_harps

Quote from: ziggysego on April 30, 2010, 05:22:32 PM

"The Good Lord gave us two ears, one mouth. Use them to that proportion" Ian Paisly Jr to Jim Allistar!  :D

Great quote wasn't it, oul Ian was firing on all cylinders!  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can I put it out now, please any nationalist/republican and any like minded person, would you please vote Gerry Kelly number one, your only one. Lets try and get that ignorant, anti-GAA, anti-Irish language p***k Nigel Dodds out as our MP. It's been too long.
Tbc....

Aerlik

I dunno, boys, them two blades in Derry should get the auld voting numbers up.   Pity they couldn't select ones like that in East Derry.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Ulick

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 01, 2010, 02:30:57 AM
Can I put it out now, please any nationalist/republican and any like minded person, would you please vote Gerry Kelly number one, your only one. Lets try and get that ignorant, anti-GAA, anti-Irish language p***k Nigel Dodds out as our MP. It's been too long.

Is this a piss-take? Putting a 1 on the ballot would be a spoiled vote would it not?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Ulick on May 01, 2010, 10:27:54 AM

Is this a piss-take? Putting a 1 on the ballot would be a spoiled vote would it not?

X, tick, you know what I mean, just get out and vote Gerry K.
Although that would be difficult for you in SB!  ;)
Tbc....

Ulick

Burning questions about SDLP Tommy and his Afghan adventure paid for by the British Army

BY JOHN HEDGES

THE SDLP seems to have signed its own unofficial Official Secrets Act about SDLP MLA Thomas Burns's visit to British troops in Afghanistan.
In the Assembly members' of interests, the South Antrim lists that:
"In September 2008, I visited Afghanistan on a fact-finding trip to observe military operations and reconstruction efforts in the region. The cost was met by the Ministry of Defence."
When Gerry Adams raised Tommy's Afghan adventure during the UTV Leaders' Debate last week, SDLP leader Margaret Ritchie was dumbfounded. She sat silent.
I can't find any mention of the Afghan adventure on any of Tommy's websites and there does not appear to be any press releases about the SDLP man's military adventure with the British Army.
So these questions remain unanswered by Tommy Burns and the SDLP:–
•    What are the details?
•    Who proposed the visit – the SDLP or the British Army?
•    Who else was on the trip?
•    What was the duration of the trip?
•    What exactly did it entail?
•    Who did the SDLP man meet in Afghanistan?
•    What were Tommy's arrangements with the British Army?
•    Which "military operations" did he observe?
•    Which "reconstruction efforts" did he observe?
•    What was the benefit of the trip?
•    What has happened since as a product of the trip?
•    Why is the SDLP so coy about this?
•    Will it need a Freedom of Information Act enquiry to find out what Tommy did with the British Army then and since?

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/39833

The Worker

Quote from: Ulick on May 01, 2010, 10:27:54 AM

s 1 in a box iwill still be counted, as long as you mark only 1 box.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Ulick on May 01, 2010, 11:06:19 PM
Burning questions about SDLP Tommy and his Afghan adventure paid for by the British Army

BY JOHN HEDGES

THE SDLP seems to have signed its own unofficial Official Secrets Act about SDLP MLA Thomas Burns's visit to British troops in Afghanistan.
In the Assembly members' of interests, the South Antrim lists that:
"In September 2008, I visited Afghanistan on a fact-finding trip to observe military operations and reconstruction efforts in the region. The cost was met by the Ministry of Defence."
When Gerry Adams raised Tommy's Afghan adventure during the UTV Leaders' Debate last week, SDLP leader Margaret Ritchie was dumbfounded. She sat silent.
I can't find any mention of the Afghan adventure on any of Tommy's websites and there does not appear to be any press releases about the SDLP man's military adventure with the British Army.
So these questions remain unanswered by Tommy Burns and the SDLP:–
•    What are the details?
•    Who proposed the visit – the SDLP or the British Army?
•    Who else was on the trip?
•    What was the duration of the trip?
•    What exactly did it entail?
•    Who did the SDLP man meet in Afghanistan?
•    What were Tommy's arrangements with the British Army?
•    Which "military operations" did he observe?
•    Which "reconstruction efforts" did he observe?
•    What was the benefit of the trip?
•    What has happened since as a product of the trip?
•    Why is the SDLP so coy about this?
•    Will it need a Freedom of Information Act enquiry to find out what Tommy did with the British Army then and since?

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/39833
Why are the Shinners getting so excited about Tommy's MOD trip? Since SF is currently in the business of administering British rule in the 6 counties, and taking the Queen's shilling for doing so, why would they look down their noses at somebody going out for a jolly to inspect the handiwork of Her Maj's troops? Are they miffed they weren't invited?

Hedley Lamarr

Apparently someone sporting a beard and wearing an Aran sweater was seen looking at a 3 bedroom cave in Tora Bora :D
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: