All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2016, 12:10:51 AM
Quote from: trileacman on September 18, 2016, 11:00:44 PM
Sunday game trying to big up Kilkenny once again, ffs what's he paying them to talk him into an all-star. Dublin's starting HF line were pure shite, absolute passengers. Andrews, Fenton and John Small were their MOTM contenders. I'd have gave it to Small.

I thought Kilkenny was class today when all around him was failing.

Didn't score and bitched out of a shot at a point at the death when completely un marked. Shoveled it off to some guy being marked and a gilt edged chance from 30m was lost. A brainless footballer but a staticians dream.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blast05

A few observations....

Where does this much-talked about Dublin improvement for the replay come from ? Brogan hasn't had a real top drawer game in QF, SF or final since v Mayo in 2013 - he's best days are behind him. Seems to be the same for Flynn. Connolly will have minimum affect again due to himself and Keegan cancelling one another out. Colm Boyle has McMen's number and Kilkenny is King of the lateral so will never be a game winner.
Fenton was outstanding today and was Small.
Rest of Dub backline was pretty good so where is the massive improvement going to come from ............
And this whole "Dublin can't be as bad again" presume 3 or 4 Aidan O'S, Diarmuid, and a couple of others have no room for improvement

Clarkes kickouts .... he has the toughest job on the pitch. Brilliant and all as the Mayo backs were, they - along with midfield - didn't work hard/smart enough to give Clarke enough easier options

The failure by the Sunday Game panel to make any mention of the clearcut pick off the ground after Cluxtons last kickout was pathetic. It was the biggest and most important decision of the game and completely saved Dublin. My brother was watching the game in Australia in a club and the the screen stopped working at the precise moment the ball was picked off the ground and just before Regan collided with Dublin player. "There was nearly a riot" and they all presumed it was a Mayo free in and that Mayo had won the game. When the picture came back just after full time whistle, they then presumed O'Connor has missed the free.....

The weather was always going to be the single biggest factor in the game. Aidan was never going to play well in it. Rock (who - correct me if i am wrong - has not kicked frees on a wet day this summer) has a free taking technique that is very difficult to get right on a wet Croke Park surface. On balance, i think the wet day was more better for Mayo than Dublin and i hope its wet again (or at least 'greasy') the next day!

And the ref .... aside from the whole yellow/black card mess (which is hardly the refs fault), then i thought he had on balance a decent game

And finally.... can Mayo expect an allocation of tickets for the central section of Hill 16 for the replay with Dub supporters split in the peripheral sections, i.e.: the reverse of today? No, of course not. What was I thinking

highorlow

Well well, nice escape today. There we were praying for rain and low and behold it went against us.

We will win the replay as long as Rochford has the balls to make some big decisions and leave our American Footballer(s) as impact subs.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

dublin7

Aidan O'Shea must be that referee's lover. Persistent fouling throughout the game but somehow never got 2nd yellow/black card.

Dubs were awful today yet got a draw. No way they can be that poor again and have such a week referee. Connolly literally had his shirt ripped off him by Keegan and got a yellow card. Farcical stuff. Dublin were rubbish only scored 9 points and still got a draw. They have far more room for improvement than Mayo and should win the replay

ONeill

Quote from: trileacman on September 19, 2016, 12:23:42 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2016, 12:10:51 AM
Quote from: trileacman on September 18, 2016, 11:00:44 PM
Sunday game trying to big up Kilkenny once again, ffs what's he paying them to talk him into an all-star. Dublin's starting HF line were pure shite, absolute passengers. Andrews, Fenton and John Small were their MOTM contenders. I'd have gave it to Small.

I thought Kilkenny was class today when all around him was failing.

Didn't score and bitched out of a shot at a point at the death when completely un marked. Shoveled it off to some guy being marked and a gilt edged chance from 30m was lost. A brainless footballer but a staticians dream.

Kilkenny does a huge amount of work. I don't know what bitched out means.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Out of interest when was the last time Mayo lost a championship game to the defending All Ireland champions?

highorlow

I think "bitched out" means I'm going to the pub? Ciaran Kilkenny is Dublins best player, if he was on our team we would be champions this morning.

P.s,

In real time that pick off the ground couldn't be given by lane so quit that petty whinge good man. Andy picked off the ground twice in the 2nd half and lane didn't spot it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: dublin7 on September 19, 2016, 12:36:35 AM
Aidan O'Shea must be that referee's lover. Persistent fouling throughout the game but somehow never got 2nd yellow/black card.

Dubs were awful today yet got a draw. No way they can be that poor again and have such a week referee. Connolly literally had his shirt ripped off him by Keegan and got a yellow card. Farcical stuff. Dublin were rubbish only scored 9 points and still got a draw. They have far more room for improvement than Mayo and should win the replay

He also punched Keegan on the head about 3 times.
That was never a square ball!!

straightred

Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 12:24:13 AM
A few observations....

Where does this much-talked about Dublin improvement for the replay come from ? Brogan hasn't had a real top drawer game in QF, SF or final since v Mayo in 2013 - he's best days are behind him. Seems to be the same for Flynn. Connolly will have minimum affect again due to himself and Keegan cancelling one another out. Colm Boyle has McMen's number and Kilkenny is King of the lateral so will never be a game winner.
Fenton was outstanding today and was Small.
Rest of Dub backline was pretty good so where is the massive improvement going to come from ............
And this whole "Dublin can't be as bad again" presume 3 or 4 Aidan O'S, Diarmuid, and a couple of others have no room for improvement

Clarkes kickouts .... he has the toughest job on the pitch. Brilliant and all as the Mayo backs were, they - along with midfield - didn't work hard/smart enough to give Clarke enough easier options

The failure by the Sunday Game panel to make any mention of the clearcut pick off the ground after Cluxtons last kickout was pathetic. It was the biggest and most important decision of the game and completely saved Dublin. My brother was watching the game in Australia in a club and the the screen stopped working at the precise moment the ball was picked off the ground and just before Regan collided with Dublin player. "There was nearly a riot" and they all presumed it was a Mayo free in and that Mayo had won the game. When the picture came back just after full time whistle, they then presumed O'Connor has missed the free.....

The weather was always going to be the single biggest factor in the game. Aidan was never going to play well in it. Rock (who - correct me if i am wrong - has not kicked frees on a wet day this summer) has a free taking technique that is very difficult to get right on a wet Croke Park surface. On balance, i think the wet day was more better for Mayo than Dublin and i hope its wet again (or at least 'greasy') the next day!

And the ref .... aside from the whole yellow/black card mess (which is hardly the refs fault), then i thought he had on balance a decent game

And finally.... can Mayo expect an allocation of tickets for the central section of Hill 16 for the replay with Dub supporters split in the peripheral sections, i.e.: the reverse of today? No, of course not. What was I thinking

Your brother in Australia obviously missed the free out then?

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 19, 2016, 12:50:06 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 19, 2016, 12:36:35 AM

He also punched Keegan on the head about 3 times.

Keegan was on borrowed time at that stage. Officials need to cop on to him.

highorlow

The dubs are jealous of Keegan due to his Dubliness!

I'd say in 15 years time himself and Diarmuid will be drinking buddies.

I love our sport.

blanketattack

Cillian O'Connor, take a bow son. Had always considered him talented but free taking and high scoring performances against the lesser lights were a big part of this. He's taken it to a different level now outshining the likes of Connolly, Brogan and Flynn. 7 points and 2 from play mightn't be spectacular but when the opposition can only manage 9 points and you throw in the weighting of a 45 yard last second equaliser, it's a great days work.

How are the media fawning over Kilkenny's possession stats so much when the vast majority involve receiving and giving 5 yard lateral hand passes 70 yards from goal?

Some load of bull about the logic that Dublin are sure to win the replay because they've the most improving to do. Heard the same about Cork in the 2013 hurling replay. I think Mayo have a lot of improving to do also.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kilkenny also takes 6 or 7 steps every time he gets the ball before passing backwards.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: blast05 on September 19, 2016, 12:24:13 AM

Is the hill not just general admission anymore?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

It was segregated today but the GAA showed preference for one county as usual.