All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Sunday game trying to big up Kilkenny once again, ffs what's he paying them to talk him into an all-star. Dublin's starting HF line were pure shite, absolute passengers. Andrews, Fenton and John Small were their MOTM contenders. I'd have gave it to Small.

Keegan once again is the premier spoiler in the game. Have to give that to him. Someone said it's a sad indictment of the game that he or Connolly had hardly touched the ball. That's Keegan's job ffs and he done it to near perfection once again today. Even worked in the customary yellow card for the man he was marking.

O'Connor and O'Shea are serious yaps alright but all the top games forwards are now because refs are so easily bought it's career suicide not to be. I actually admire COC, stood up several times when he was needed, as did Moran and were very effective despite there limitations as players.

Vaughan had a shite year but was very good today, Seamus O'Shea up until his head melt in the 2nd half was top notch too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mrdeeds

Quote from: trileacman on September 18, 2016, 11:00:44 PM
Sunday game trying to big up Kilkenny once again, ffs what's he paying them to talk him into an all-star. Dublin's starting HF line were pure shite, absolute passengers. Andrews, Fenton and John Small were their MOTM contenders. I'd have gave it to Small.

Keegan once again is the premier spoiler in the game. Have to give that to him. Someone said it's a sad indictment of the game that he or Connolly had hardly touched the ball. That's Keegan's job ffs and he done it to near perfection once again today. Even worked in the customary yellow card for the man he was marking.

O'Connor and O'Shea are serious yaps alright but all the top games forwards are now because refs are so easily bought it's career suicide not to be. I actually admire COC, stood up several times when he was needed, as did Moran and were very effective despite there limitations as players.

Vaughan had a shite year but was very good today, Seamus O'Shea up until his head melt in the 2nd half was top notch too.

Couldn't agree more about Kilkenny.

seafoid

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 18, 2016, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 18, 2016, 10:27:36 PM
Dubs are still 4/11 for the replay

And why not?
Same price as before the match.
They were disappointing and appear to  miss the fellas who left the panel. But no allowance for that in pricing

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stiffler on September 18, 2016, 10:52:20 PM
How did o Connor not get a man of the match nomination ?

Biased Dublin medja again.
It was a game for defenders and I'm not sure how Fenton got nominated instead of another Mayo defender.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

In fairness the only times Paul Flynn was on telly was when he was in the referees ear also. I'm frankly amazed at the amount of whinging from the dubs about the refereeing decisions when they were so lucky not to have Connolly sent off for punching and MacAuley sent off for his assault on O'Connor.

Main Street

ashman

An ugly game.  These kind of games will be the norm as long as the hand pass is unrestricted .

BennyHarp

Quote from: orangeman on September 18, 2016, 10:47:50 PM
Most people are saying Dublin won't be as bad again.

But Mayo won't score 2 OGs again.

Looking forward to the replay.

I agree, it's going to be close again, but I think the Mayo's defence matches up quite well against the Dublin forward line so I can't see them getting much more change the next day. I said at the start of this thread that Dublin aren't good at thinking on their feet when things go agai st them and I believe that this was exposed again today - bar the two OGs they were utterly clueless for the whole first half until Paddy Andrews came on. The Dubs underperformed but so did, Seamus O'Se, Aiden O'Se, Kevin McLoughlin and Diarmuid O'Connor. If Mayo believe in themselves and push up on the Dubs they will win - each time it looked like the game was lost and they went for Dublin they kicked scores with ease, when they got close they seemed to be crippled with anxiety in front of goal.

One last point, Cluxtons kick outs are the most signposted tactic in the GAA these days, they are a complete liability and I would drop him for the replay as it's an all too obvious tactic to attack. It would put Mayo on the back foot if another keeper trotted out.
That was never a square ball!!

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2016, 11:16:10 PM

I agree, it's going to be close again, but I think the Mayo's defence matches up quite well against the Dublin forward line so I can't see them getting much more change the next day. I said at the start of this thread that Dublin aren't good at thinking on their feet when things go agai st them and I believe that this was exposed again today - bar the two OGs they were utterly clueless for the whole first half until Paddy Andrews came on. The Dubs underperformed but so did, Seamus O'Se, Aiden O'Se, Kevin McLoughlin and Diarmuid O'Connor. If Mayo believe in themselves and push up on the Dubs they will win - each time it looked like the game was lost and they went for Dublin they kicked scores with ease, when they got close they seemed to be crippled with anxiety in front of goal.

One last point, Cluxtons kick outs are the most signposted tactic in the GAA these days, they are a complete liability and I would drop him for the replay as it's an all too obvious tactic to attack. It would put Mayo on the back foot if another keeper trotted out.

In the pecking order of who should be dropped Cluxton is safe enough with Flynn, Brogan and McAuley ahead of him

BennyHarp

Quote from: straightred on September 18, 2016, 11:19:50 PM

In the pecking order of who should be dropped Cluxton is safe enough with Flynn, Brogan and McAuley ahead of him

None of these players are so central to such a obvious, defunct and easily attacked tactic. Even at the death, his kick out to Bastick nearly done for them. Cluxton is clearly untouchable but I think he's been central to all Dublins mini collapses in Championship games this summer.
That was never a square ball!!

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2016, 11:27:04 PM

None of these players are so central to such a obvious, defunct and easily attacked tactic. Even at the death, his kick out to Bastick nearly done for them. Cluxton is clearly untouchable but I think he's central to Dublins mini collapses in Championship games this summer.

I think the mayo keeper probably gave away more scores today from bad kickouts. Not 100% sure but it seemed that way.

Dublin sticking with Flynn is close to playing with 14. He has been really poor this year

Ballaghman

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 06:21:58 PM
O'Connor is most certainly a coward. As mentioned previously, he's a bad f**ker for sneaky hits off the ball. While he was hit a nasty wraparound by McAuley, it a only came after he tried to throw the shoulder in. He's a nasty little bollocks.
Says the keyboard warrior. You wouldn't have the balls to say that to his face. He's a class act but if only he was half as brave as you in your dark room calling him out in such manly style

galwayman

Quote from: stiffler on September 18, 2016, 10:52:20 PM
How did o Connor not get a man of the match nomination ?

Biased Dublin medja again.
Because the 3 lads that got nominated played better than him over the course of the game that's why.

Itchy

Quote from: straightred on September 18, 2016, 11:28:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2016, 11:27:04 PM

None of these players are so central to such a obvious, defunct and easily attacked tactic. Even at the death, his kick out to Bastick nearly done for them. Cluxton is clearly untouchable but I think he's central to Dublins mini collapses in Championship games this summer.

I think the mayo keeper probably gave away more scores today from bad kickouts. Not 100% sure but it seemed that way.

Dublin sticking with Flynn is close to playing with 14. He has been really poor this year

Mayo keeper gave 3 points to Dublin with bad kick outs from 65th minute. He also came for two ridiculous high balls, one resulting in a tap over free and the other almost yielded a 3rd own goal. He was very poor.

ONeill

I thought Kilkenny was class today when all around him was failing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.