All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimley

Quote from: highorlow on September 16, 2016, 01:17:12 PM
QuoteWill it start?

No. I'd say at least one personnel change in the HF line. As for the positions, do they matter anymore?

I'd be surprised if any of DOC,AOS or KMcL were dropped.

highorlow

QuoteI'd be surprised if any of DOC,AOS or KMcL were dropped.

So would I.

I would say we will see a change in the HF line.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Chimley

Quote from: highorlow on September 16, 2016, 02:03:04 PM

So would I.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason was under pressure but he does a lot of unselfish work so the man that would come in would need to put himself about too.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2016, 01:51:24 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 16, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2016, 01:12:37 PM
There's an awful sense of over-compensation by the Ballagh 'Rhubarbs' with the amount of bunting they polluted the town with this month. Must feel a bit threatened.

Threatened by what?

Touchy

No it was a genuine question.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Chimley on September 16, 2016, 02:13:24 PM
Quote from: highorlow on September 16, 2016, 02:03:04 PM

So would I.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason was under pressure but he does a lot of unselfish work so the man that would come in would need to put himself about too.

I have a feeling that maybe Vaughan will start in midfield with Coen coming into the backs , also I think Loftus might start instead of Doherty.

macdanger2

Jesus, Ray Silke is some spoofer, three things Mayo must do to win:

1.   "Disrupt Cluxton's short kick-outs" by having "a cut and go for it"
2.   "Improve on their consistency and intensity for the full 75 minutes" but fortunately "Mayo have never feared Dublin
3.   "Get their match-ups right" which is probably a valid one but he offers no insight or opinion into what he thinks the right match ups are

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0916/816948-three-things-mayo-must-do-to-beat-dublin/

Declan

QuoteI was chatting to a few Dubs last night at my son's training and I was surprised they were all rather cautious about Sunday.

Yep most of us think it'll be a close game despite the apparent lack of form of Mayo this year compared to previous seasons.

Anyway these are special days so to everyone lucky enough to get a ticket enjoy the occasion.

I've a couple of good Mayo pals who I would be be happy for if Mayo win but hopefully we can continue the run going and make it two in a row

Hound

Quote from: Declan on September 16, 2016, 02:35:33 PM
QuoteI was chatting to a few Dubs last night at my son's training and I was surprised they were all rather cautious about Sunday.

Yep most of us think it'll be a close game despite the apparent lack of form of Mayo this year compared to previous seasons.

Anyway these are special days so to everyone lucky enough to get a ticket enjoy the occasion.

I've a couple of good Mayo pals who I would be be happy for if Mayo win but hopefully we can continue the run going and make it two in a row
I'm very wary.
Despite winning all our league games, and strolling through Leinster again, we haven't played as well as last year or 2013 in my view. But we did play well when it was put up to us v Kerry.

But I would have had Mayo as our biggest threat at the beginning of the year. Nothing between us last year, and with both teams down their full backs, there's absolutely no reason it shouldnt be close again this year.
With both the O'Connors and Parsons 100% fit, I'm expecting the real Mayo to show up.

I still think we'll edge it. But I'm fearful of Mayo's running game, and I'm fearful Flynn will be a passenger again for us. I hope Gavin acts quickly if he's slack again in tracking his man when he makes runs, like he was v Kerry.

I would like to see Mayo win it. If it was Mayo v Kerry, I'd be cheering loudly for them. But I don't want to be the ones to lose to them when they finally win an AI! Up the Dubs!

bucko

Parsons starting. From RTE.ie;

Mayo have made one change for their All-Ireland SFC final against Dublin in Croke Park with Tom Parsons coming into the side.

Manager Stephen Rochford brings Parsons into the midfield in place of Barry Moran.

Mayo team: David Clarke, Brendan Harrison, Donal Vaughan,  Keith Higgins, Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Patrick Durcan, Seamus O'Shea, Tom Parsons, Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O'Shea, Diarmuid O'Connor, Jason Doherty. Andy Moran, Cillian O'Connor.

highorlow

Sunday Weather
18/09/2016   00:00–06:00   Clear sky.  For the period: 00:00–06:00   13°   0 mm   Light breeze, 3 m/s from south-southwestLight breeze, 3 m/s from south-southwest
06:00–12:00   Cloudy.  For the period: 06:00–12:00   11°   0 mm   Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from southwest
12:00–18:00   Heavy rain.  For the period: 12:00–18:00   17°   5.4 mm   Gentle breeze, 4 m/s from southwestGentle breeze, 4 m/s from southwest

Big rain coming in on Sunday. Should favour the underdogs.

Best of luck to both Senior teams and also to the Galway minors.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

iorras

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 16, 2016, 02:33:06 PM
Jesus, Ray Silke is some spoofer, three things Mayo must do to win:

1.   "Disrupt Cluxton's short kick-outs" by having "a cut and go for it"
2.   "Improve on their consistency and intensity for the full 75 minutes" but fortunately "Mayo have never feared Dublin
3.   "Get their match-ups right" which is probably a valid one but he offers no insight or opinion into what he thinks the right match ups are

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0916/816948-three-things-mayo-must-do-to-beat-dublin/
Ah theres a huge numbers of fellas robbing a living at this punditry crack. Even our own James Horan is getting a bit tiresome and "over exposed". Hes fecken everywhere.
And the thing is, theres no more to say about it, its all been said already. Dublin are red hot favourites and mayo have to find something no-one has seen from us this year to win it. End of.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on September 16, 2016, 11:20:38 AM
The one thing I'll say to Mayo fans is the players need your support when they're level or a point up with 10 minutes to go more than they need it when they're a couple of points down with 10 minutes to go.
The lack of support for the last 10 minutes of the 2013 final was bizarre.
The fans didn't believe and the players didn't believe.
Don't be looking over your shoulder with the finishing line in sight.
TBH they might be better off without the fans until they win an all Ireland final
The fatalism is shocking

Ball Hopper

Quote from: highorlow on September 16, 2016, 03:59:52 PM

Best of luck to both Senior teams and also to the Galway minors.

Why wish best of luck to only three of the four counties on show?

Here is hoping all four counties do themselves justice on the biggest day of the football year.

And safe travels to all supporters as well.

Rossfan

Can RTÈ not find anyone other than the Tanman to interview in Mayo or WestRos??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM