Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

heard yesterday (although not 100% reliable source mite i add) that the two granemore men on the county panel got cleaned playing for their club on sunday???

ard mhaca abu

heard that myself shane smith scored 3-2 at full forward for annaghmore against tony mcclelland......so definately dont want him at full back...

Candyman

if shane smith can score 3-2 then what will any county forward do to him.... ??? :o :o :o
although everyone can have their off-day i suppose ??????????

ard mhaca abu

suppose ur right but mcclelland done ok during the mc kenna cup nd in the national league dont u think?

Uladh

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 03, 2007, 04:09:27 PM
suppose ur right but mcclelland done ok during the mc kenna cup nd in the national league dont u think?

no, in fact i thought he was shocking. i couldn't see why he was on the u21 team either, let alone the senior panel.

gander

Shane Smyths a quality player as well though, scored for fun last year and he's doing the same now this year in Division 2, and he used to be on the county panel.  McClelland's definitley not a full back though, usually plays midfield for Granemore with Toner.

lurganblue

should they not have tried someone else on him instead of allowing smyth to score 3 goals. shocking management

ard mhaca abu

Quoteshould they not have tried someone else on him instead of allowing smyth to score 3 goals. shocking management

its granemore we are talkin about here they can hardly afford to pay anyone decent to manage them could they?

Uladh

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 03, 2007, 04:21:57 PM
[they can hardly afford to pay anyone decent to manage them could they?

Surely not?

Armagh off to la manga today... hope we get them all home in one piece!

gander

But of a stupid mistake by the management, especially with Toner there as well.

illdecide

The Clan na Gael full back "Micky Austin" could do a job there, he's big, strong and a safe pair of hands. His only problem is he loves the cream buns to much, but a bit of county training would soon get him into shape.

O, just remembered he loves the beer as well, that could be a problem!! :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

David McKeown

Shane had excellent game against McClelland but I wouldnt blame the Granemore man einterly.  At times Shanes pace and power made him unmarkable, that added to the fact that the ball coming in from our half back line was at times brilliant made it difficult for McClelland.  There were times when other players were tried on Smyth but when they were he became a great play maker and ultimately as dangerous to Granemore so McClelland was put back on him

Shane has now scored i believe 5-8 in his opening three games and to be honest I think he should be back in the county squad but that would undoubtedly hurt Annaghmore
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ard mhaca abu

he wasnt too good against cruppen

David McKeown

Was he not?  I wasn't at the game as I was on holiday.  I had heard it was one of his poorer games though.  Did he score?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ard mhaca abu

think he might have got a point maybe but he wasnt that hot david kelly handled him well kept pushing him onto his right foot which of course is his weak side...