Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on September 13, 2009, 06:48:20 PM
Clan Eireann won by a point & now play the Ogs in the semis I believe.
U must have inside information then? I believe along with every1 else that it is an open draw made tonyt at 8pm??

Jimmy Joe

The draw was made straight after the Clann Eireann match

Real1995

Mullaghbawn are now down and i don't thing anybody could have an arguments...2days result was not a big surprise 2me and when safety was no longer in your own hands...you can not depend on our teams always to do u a favour...we have flirted wit relegation now for a number of years and hopefully we can rebuild and come back stronger...my only fear is that div2 is v strong in my eyes and it could prove difficult  bounce back straight away as the Harps lads will tell you....

Was just thinkin during the week that we have been in div 1 now for quite a few years and there are too many teams that hav remained in it for that long....but like everything else, things come to an end eventually as Cross will tel you this year....
Nice guys always finish second!

Unknown

The 2 sending offs wer correct in my opinion... 1st s/o The c/eirren man swung his fists that's a clear sending off and the 2nd s/o man connected with punch deserved the red!!

Unknown

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on September 13, 2009, 07:32:46 PM
The draw was made straight after the Clann Eireann match
was it? So harps/clans v granemore and ogs v clann eireann?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Unknown on September 13, 2009, 07:37:35 PM
The 2 sending offs wer correct in my opinion... 1st s/o The c/eirren man swung his fists that's a clear sending off and the 2nd s/o man connected with punch deserved the red!!
what match were you at?

Unknown

They deserved to be sent off... Ur obviously a clann eireann supporter and ur going to defend them but it was the correct decisions!!! Get over it

Jimmy Joe

the First one was harsh, the second deserved

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Unknown on September 13, 2009, 07:42:21 PM
They deserved to be sent off... Ur obviously a clann eireann supporter and ur going to defend them but it was the correct decisions!!! Get over it
eh far from it saan! The second incident was a deserved red card. the first one was harsh, and it was a second yellow..and he didn't get it for striking, he got it for dissent, having fielded a ball, then got fouled, then was blown up for overcarrying!

bennydorano

Fair play to Clann Eireann, not many gave them a chance(me included), but they deserved their win. 

Regarding the sendings off, the first one was laughable, the CE midfielder was clearly fouled and it should have been a free, he did react but with a clown like Slevin in charge it wasn't suprising he got the line, didn't see the second one, but apparently he can have no complaints.  Pity for him too as he was their best forward.

bennydorano

Unknown

Supposedly harps/clans v granemore and ogs v clann eireann?? Although I heard draw ain't to 8pm... Can any1 confirm either way? Regarding the c/e 1st sending off he did swing his hands at whitecross man

wats that 4 ref

draw was made after the c`eireann game and gave out over loud speaker ogs v c`eireann harps v g`more oh sorry harps/clans v g`more ;D :D well done c.eireann good win today and i do believe i said they would win :P  shane mcconvillle a good manager who can get the best out of his players and plays to teams strengths, co board take note ???

Unknown

Wen are the semi finals being played?

orange2009

Obviusly I'm a Clann Eireann man so im biased, but I thought our boys were unreal tonight.  We brought a real CHampionship intensity to the table and really deserved to win by more had we not been down to 13 men.  To be fair BEattie did react slightly, but not over the top enough for him to get the second yellow, and he was clearly being fouled! On top of this the ref consistently seemed to give 50/50 frees against us.  Although second one was def a sending off, he lashed out, no complaints.
But it is great to overcome things like this and still beat a team that no-one tipped us to beat  ;D.  I honestly feel if we hadnt have lost 2 men we'd have won by more. 
Bring on the Ogs!!  We'll be massive massive undersogs, but you just never know.  Anyone can beat anyone, could be a dream All-Lurgan Final  ;), instead of all Armagh City Final!!
Well done lads!