Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

methinks not. Harps to progress

davo

Does anyone have the odds for the ogs to beat cross and for the harps to beat clans?

Wouldnt mind doing a double on that.

hardly any point though as everyone has cross a shoe in to win not only the armagh championship but ulster as well. see it says in the irish news cross will miss ballinderry until the ulster final.

illdecide

Quote from: davo on August 20, 2009, 04:53:36 PM
Does anyone have the odds for the ogs to beat cross and for the harps to beat clans?

Wouldnt mind doing a double on that.

hardly any point though as everyone has cross a shoe in to win not only the armagh championship but ulster as well. see it says in the irish news cross will miss ballinderry until the ulster final.

Davo you might as well get your money and throw it at the Cops ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Ballinderry may noy even get o the county final didn't they struggle to qualify and only secured it on the last day.Cross will be hard to beat but if anyone is going to beat them in Armagh it will be the ogs.

Clans and the Harps should be a tight game if the clans can get more of a scoring threat and win the midfiled battle the game should be a tight game. On the other had if they don't the Harps will beat them by 5 or 6

Whitecross will beat Clann Eireann by 3 or 4 and Granemore will beat St Pats when they beat Killeavy.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

For what its worth I think that...

Ogs have a good chance of upsetting the Cross feens. Only team to come close to them in the league, realistically the only team strong enough  to challenge them. If they can get over the inferiority mentality that seems to exist between Cross and everyone else in the county they could cause an upset.

Have a feeling Killeavy will edge past St Pat's but by the bare minimum. Killeavy are more attack-minded and maybe feel they should have closed out the first match. Also feel they will have too much for Granemore, not 100% convinced by their win over Dromintee.

Clann Eireann will struggle against Whitecross who should have little difficulty disposing of a team over-reliant on one player for scores. Hopefully C/Eireann do the right thing after and drop down to intermediate where they belong.

Clans v Harps should be good. The fact Harps are in Div2 will have no bearing on the result. Both teams will fancy themselves, though I feel Clans have plenty of room for improvement after the game on Sunday, whereas Harps won by 10 in their match v B'mcnab so they might not have learned much from it.

IVEDECIDED

Maybe yous didnt hear me the first time???  ;)

topgun

anyone get odds for the championship games?
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Diet Coke

Would any of you "blues" men care for a wager?

I'd imagine Harps would be 5/4 and Clans 4/5  ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

illdecide

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 02:51:22 PM

From what i hear they are two 1/1 shots...TBH and i'm not messin here i would put Harps as slight favourites (and don't give me that Div 1 v Div 2 crop) Harps would be 4/6 favourites if i was the bookie with Clans at 11/8 shots ;)

Diet Coke

Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2009, 03:31:59 PM

From what i hear they are two 1/1 shots...TBH and i'm not messin here i would put Harps as slight favourites (and don't give me that Div 1 v Div 2 crop) Harps would be 4/6 favourites if i was the bookie with Clans at 11/8 shots ;)

Jimmy Joe reckons the "blues" are good things! ;) Probably be an even money bet.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

illdecide

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 03:40:49 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2009, 03:31:59 PM

Jimmy Joe reckons the "blues" are good things! ;) Probably be an even money bet.

aye but he's been living up in Armagh for too long ;)

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 03:40:49 PM

Harps to win by 4
Ogs to win by 2
Killeavey by 2 tonight - followed by a 3 point win over Granemore
Whitecross to win by 5

brokencrossbar1

The Ogs have to feel confident.  they are the only side that have psuhed us this year and, although I didn't see the games, they should have won one at least by all accounts.  Cross don't really know what their best combinations are this year and although they might work against lesser teams like Tir na nOg and Dromintee, it will not work against the Ogs.  I reckon they will nick it by 2-3 points.

fitzroyalty

According to Orchardcounty St Pats hammered Killeavy in SFC and Cullaville beat M'bawn by a point in league!

Jimmy Joe

Div. I
          P   W   D    L   Pts
Crossmaglen      17   17   0     0   34 (Winners)
Pearse Og      17     9   2     6   20 (Runners-Up)
Carrickcruppen   17     7   3     7   17
Dromintee      17     8   0     9   16
St Patrick's      16     7   1     8   15
Sarsfields      17     7   1     9   15
Clan na Gael      16     6   2     8   14
Culloville      17     6   1   10   13
Mullaghbawn      17     5   2     10   12
Killeavy      17     5   2   10   12

Very interesting last games to be played