Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Exactly my friend that game was supposed to be played in April - you should also remember that yous had to travel to Davitt the following week due to pressure from the county board to fullfill all fixtures. If the two matches had been played when they were supposed to be the teams wouldnt have been under this pressure in October when there is nothing to play for! You cant honestly deny that Dromintee had several games put off to suit their own agendas last year and the previous year! It was the talk of the county!

IVEDECIDED

My opinion Goat is that they postponed their game so as to have some of their county players back for it. This is a bit strange to me considering they are still a formidable outfit without them. I cant however blame Cross for wanting their players available but if they are county players then thats it im afraid and if the county board fixed the games for Sat evening then that also should be final. No club should weild that power it has the potential to create a dangerous situation.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on April 16, 2008, 02:08:33 PM
I seem to remeber Dromintee and Clans playing an excellent free-flowing game at the end of last year.

Dromintee beat us in Dromintee (they scored about 4 goals that day in a really high scoring game) and we beat them in Davitt by 2-3pts if memory serves me correctly.

and i'm not getting into that stupid argument, espically with some fool trying to copy my name
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 16, 2008, 02:25:46 PM
My opinion Goat is that they postponed their game so as to have some of their county players back for it. This is a bit strange to me considering they are still a formidable outfit without them. I cant however blame Cross for wanting their players available but if they are county players then thats it im afraid and if the county board fixed the games for Sat evening then that also should be final. No club should weild that power it has the potential to create a dangerous situation.

Is it fair that clubs should play without county their players?

The system has changed this year in Tyrone... every team has the right to postpone their matches if their county players are unavailable due to county commitments!

I agree with this system, I know I am biased, but Ballyhegan have suffered big time over the years... & it's won't improve this year!

bennydorano

U sure the Tyrone system has changed? it seemed very sensible to me (County men would have to be made available for so many games - not sure of the numbers- was it 50% of games?)

IVEDECIDED

If clubs werent allowed to play without their county players there would be no club football! Is this what people want? It seems to me the whole thing is going in that direction anyway. Its illogical that 1000 players are constantly sacraficed so that 30 can be happy. And as for you 'ill decide' your not entering this argument cause I decided your not - you havent got the intelligence to do so anyhow!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: bennydorano on April 16, 2008, 03:20:54 PM
U sure the Tyrone system has changed? it seemed very sensible to me (County men would have to be made available for so many games - not sure of the numbers- was it 50% of games?)

It changed this year. It was 50% 'Starred' games or whatever they were called, but now, the reduced the number of leagues to three (aligned with the 3 championships)  & are playing a one way league - reducing the number of club games.

IVEDECIDED if Clans were missing they're top players every week & got relegated a couple of time's you'd change your thinking i'm sure!

IVEDECIDED

Goats I couldnt care less if the Clans lost theyre top players every week that isnt my club I use them in arguments regularly cause they best sum up what im saying and anyway when they had Marsden and O'hagan on the panel they didnt call any matches off or threaten to pull them out of the county set up! I do have sympathy for teams such as Ballyhagan who definitely do suffer as a result of missing their county players but teams such as the Ogs and cross who can still field strong teams have no excuses whatsoever. Clubs have county players thats just the way it is - club football should not be made to suffer because of this. Maybe they should be allowed to line out for thier clubs a lot more often. It makes no sense to me that they arent allowed to play for such long periods of time anyway!!

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 16, 2008, 03:30:45 PM
If clubs werent allowed to play without their county players there would be no club football! Is this what people want? It seems to me the whole thing is going in that direction anyway. Its illogical that 1000 players are constantly sacraficed so that 30 can be happy. And as for you 'ill decide' your not entering this argument cause I decided your not - you havent got the intelligence to do so anyhow!

Thats me put in my box ???

Goats you are correct in what you say that a small rural club simply cannot cope with 3 players gone to the county setup. Not only are you loosing 3 players but the 3 that step in are prob rank (no disrespect) therfore weaking even further. On the Clans topic that fool IVEDECIDED has a point, clans played without Marsden and O Hagan most of the time, Bumpy had more fallouts with JK over this and to my knowledge he walked out twice on JK because he wanted to play for his club.

I can't see no reason why the county men can't represent their clubs for the next 5-6 weeks as after Sunday Armagh won't have a competitive game till June 15th...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

i feel it is largely unfair for the clubs who produce such talented players who make the county panel to lose out on their services throughout the year. theres no doubt playing club games very close to championship time is not going to happen but certainly in the next month or so the players should be available to represent their clubs. fringe players on the county team would benefit, in my opinion, from playing regular football instead of being limited to the odd run out with their club.

i dont necessarily agree totally with the tyrone system, when brian mcguigan got the eye injury it was playing a reserve game, now what a county man like him was doing playing a reserve game is beyond me. but it seems they have system in place that ensures players get to represent their clubs fairly regularly.

and ive decided, your a joke. your vendetta against cross is becoming boring. jealousy never won anything. personally calls for them to be dumped out of the league and championship are ridiculous, if any aspiring footballer wants to win anything, you would want to beat the best. winning a championship without cross taking part just wouldnt feel right and it would never be completely satisfying.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotewhen brian mcguigan got the eye injury it was playing a reserve game, now what a county man like him was doing playing a reserve game is beyond me.

In fairness I think the only reason he was plaing in a reserve match was that he was trying to get his way back to fitness.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IVEDECIDED

Thanks for your contribution qub - duely noted. Im very sorry I angered you. However I never asked for them to be thrown out just for the sake of it or to let someone else win it, I said they should be thrown out of it for holding the county board and all the other teams to randsom merely because they have the sway on the county panel at the moment. This cant be allowed to happen, even a numpty like you can realise this and I also siad the Ogs should receive the same punishment so it wasnt an anti Cross rant you spoon - get your facts right before you start slabbering son! ;) :D ;D

qub la la la

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 16, 2008, 08:45:27 PM
it wasnt an anti Cross rant

in most of your posts you are complaining about cross. its getting as bad than pints and cullyhanna. have you nothing else to talk about, son.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: qub la la la on April 16, 2008, 10:06:44 PM

in most of your posts you are complaining about cross. its getting as bad than pints and cullyhanna. have you nothing else to talk about, son.

I didn't open my mouth!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

qub la la la

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 16, 2008, 10:10:54 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on April 16, 2008, 10:06:44 PM

I didn't open my mouth!

not of late, just referring to previous posts.

anyway, big game for the bridge on sunday evening...