Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaapunter

Quote from: bennydorano on February 25, 2008, 04:05:50 PM
Hard to see why Clann's would be ahead of Dromintee or Ogs in any pecking order, when's the last time Clan's beat Dromintee or Pearse Og (or even Harps for that matter) in the championship when it counted?

Dromintee are no great shakes- if they had any sort of bottle they would have and should have won 3-4 armagh championships in the last few years- but they didnt are are now just an average team- as for pearse og a decent team - but lay down to cross in the county final- even playing an unfit ronan clarke.

i think you know the clans are a better side

gander

Did the clans not lie down to cross in the 07 final?

bennydorano

Either a WUM or a young whippersnapper who doesn't know a big pile.

gaapunter

Quote from: bennydorano on February 25, 2008, 04:21:43 PM
Either a WUM or a young whippersnapper who doesn't know a big pile.

wat is a WUM

gaapunter

Quote from: Skiddybadoo on February 25, 2008, 04:08:30 PM
Can someone please post the u-21 squad which has been announced (perhaps I've missed it?)

PROVISIONAL ARMAGH UNDER-21 PANEL FOR 2008

The provisional Armagh Under-21 panel for 2008 has just been announced and it is as follows:-

Crossmaglen (10): P Kernan, P McKeown, S Finnegan, R Kelly, C Short, D McKenna, J Hanratty, K Carragher, J Clarke, F Hanratty

Carrickcruppen (5): M Ferris, J Magill, S Harold, J Hughes, M Patton

Sarsfields (2): P McGaughey, P Magee

Ballyhegan (1): J McKeever

Culloville (1): C Watters

Granemore (1): K Toner

Killeavey (1): D O'Hanlon

Lissummon (1): P Rodgers

Madden (1): J Feeney

Maghery (1): S Forker

St Michael's (1): K O'Rourke

Tir na nÓg (1): T Marley

Tullysaran (1): A Conlon

Wolfe Tones (1): N Geoghegan

Whitecross (1): A McCann

Skiddybadoo

winsamsoon

If memory serves me correct gander the Clans were not in the 2007 final to lie down so you really should look at the facts before  you try to make little snide remarks. It is called backfiring. If you are talking about 2006 then i would say they didn't lie down but then again i don't think Pearse Ogs did either. Why would a team lie down in a county final or in any game for that. Don't be silly.

Quote from: bennydorano on February 25, 2008, 04:05:50 PM
Hard to see why Clann's would be ahead of Dromintee or Ogs in any pecking order, when's the last time Clan's beat Dromintee or Pearse Og (or even Harps for that matter) in the championship when it counted?

Ok Benny any time they have meet Dromintee in recent years Dromintee have won, Played the ogs twice since 99 and the ogs won both and before that they meet the harps who won the game at the Tones back when the gremlins were playing. But what does this mean for this years championship??????????. Do you make the harps favourite over the clans because they beat them in the championship in 1999.ffs take a bow. the championship is open and bar the Cross the rest of the teams are pretty equal. On any given day any team could beat one another.We were beaten finalists in 2006 and were dumped out in the first round of the following year. Now we didn't become a bad side over night but we had a bad couple of days and tir na nog played two accepyional matches. Ypu are basing your arguments on history of past championships. Sure we won 4 or 5 leagues titles from 99. Harps and Ogs have won nothing and dromintee have won maybe 1 league title. Sure they have been beaten in finals but this counts for nothing. On any particular day in any sport one team could beat another.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

bennydorano

You just made my point for me winsamsoon in regards to 'Gaapunter' wibbling on about how the Clan's are a clear second to Cross.

winsamsoon

I know that !! but at the same time i wanted to point out that no other team are clear second to cross.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

AFS

This 'who is the second best team in the county' argument is ridiculous.  :D

brokencrossbar1

AFS, it pops it's head up once in a while and is quite amusing to see people squabble over the scraps from the master's table :P

I think this will be a big year for those teams in that second tier. How the boys react to Sunday will be key.  Dromintee now have a real chance to go that step further and beat them as they have had a few months head start on preparing for the single event of the 1st Round of the championship, and Cross are at their vulnerable now.  How Drmintee turn this to their advantage is vital in securing a win for them.  This is the year for them to do it and if they don't then I don't know what they can do.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: gaapunter on February 25, 2008, 08:54:51 AM
Your rite- great to see that cross scum beat- i do believe that is the end of this current team- brilliant up the clans for ths armagh championship in 08

It's funny when you can post this tripe... then a few post later you list the U21 County panel a few posts later...

... in which Cross are the team most represented! 10 panelists is unbelievable!

thebandit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 26, 2008, 08:27:59 AM
AFS, it pops it's head up once in a while and is quite amusing to see people squabble over the scraps from the master's table :P

I think this will be a big year for those teams in that second tier. How the boys react to Sunday will be key.  Dromintee now have a real chance to go that step further and beat them as they have had a few months head start on preparing for the single event of the 1st Round of the championship, and Cross are at their vulnerable now.  How Drmintee turn this to their advantage is vital in securing a win for them.  This is the year for them to do it and if they don't then I don't know what they can do.

If it was going to happen for Dromintee it would have happened a couple of years ago

Uladh

What date do the leagues start lads?

Sandy Hill

Seven of the Cross men have been called onto the County panel; Aaron, Stephen and Tony Kernan, Hearty, F Bellew, O McConville and Brendan McKeown.
"Stercus accidit"