You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaaboardmod3

Snowed Under. I have just had to trawl though about 10 of your posts to PintsofGuinness editing out the personal insults and name calling. This is blatantly against the rules of this forum. Please debate or argue in a constructive manner in future.

Snowed Under

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on October 15, 2007, 02:54:04 PM
Snowed Under. I have just had to trawl though about 10 of your posts to PintsofGuinness editing out the personal insults and name calling. This is blatantly against the rules of this forum. Please debate or argue in a constructive manner in future.

No problems Sir, you'll have to admit though, personal insults to the bitter man aside, my debate is pretty damn constructive.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

theskull1

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 15, 2007, 03:01:20 PM
No problems Sir, you'll have to admit though, personal insults to the bitter man aside, my debate is pretty damn constructive.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Now that is funny if it was meant to be humorous...otherwise  :-\  :-\ :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Louth Exile

Quote from: Square Ball on October 15, 2007, 03:18:04 PM
Liver and onions

No way square ball, you got to love a grand bit of liver with onions, mushrooms and mash
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Square Ball

Minging, hate the smell and texture of the stuff, and as for the taste....

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 15, 2007, 01:42:15 PM
Trying to get thru to the Revenue all morning...I bet they would be easy to get hold of if i owed them money  >:(

After finally getting thru to the Revenue only to be told the bitch i need to talk too isn't in today  >:( >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 15, 2007, 01:31:38 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 15, 2007, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on October 15, 2007, 07:47:10 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 14, 2007, 11:10:14 PM
I didn't slag all parents as selfish.

You did, as every parent I know with a toddler would avail of the space designated for themselves (by the shopping centre) which you choose to park in out of spite and as a statement of contempt for parenthood.  You did as every parent I know uses the baby on board thingy as it is a tacky thing mums like to do.  You did as every parent I know works and takes the odd night out.
yaaawwwnn
I never said a parent who makes use of the spaces are selfish.
I never said a parent who sticks up a sign in the car is selfish - I simply asked what the purpose of the signs where.
I never said a parent who works and takes an odd night out is selfish - I said that those who spend as much time as possible away from their children are selfish.

This from a person who uses his own children to taunt someone (who he believes can't have children) about not having children.
*shakes head*

Line drawn.

Care to explain this post then?

How do you think a parent with no car does?  How do you think parents that don't get the 2 or 3 selfish parent and toddler spaces do?

The stick the sign up comment was another dig at parents and parenthood; the night out the same; you keep drawing your lines there, you ignore the ones around allocated mother and toddler spaces, i'll ignore your virtual lines.
I tried to draw a line because people are bored, I'm getting a bit bored too. 
To explain the statement, parents who believe they've a God given right to park at the doors of a shop because they have children are the selfish ones.  Of course I don't blame any parent for making use of the space when it's there but it's those that think it's their right to be given special treatment. 
I simply asked what the purpose behind the baby on board signs, hardly a dig at anything.
I have never said anything about parents having a night out.  I don't understand why people have children when they aren't prepared to spend time with them.  I realise parent's have to work but they don't need to go out every weekend and throw the child with a babysitter.  That's selfish. 
You keep saying I don't like children when it's children I'm defending (for the want of a better word). 
I've nothing against decent good parents either, it's the ones that have children and then let a babysitter bring them up I've a problem with.  If you work all day - say get home at 6ish - a child is in bed by 8, so that's maybe 15 hours during the week (say a hour in the morning) you spend with the child.  At the weekend surely you'd want to be with the child and do things they like?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

God this fairly got out of hand. I'm a parent and I agree with what POG says about mother and toddler spaces. He never said he didn't agree with them, he acknowledges that parents with prams and pushchairs need that bit of extra space,  however its the location of these spaces that grinds his gears and he's correct.  What about elderly people who might not have a disabled badge but are still quite frail. Surely they deserve precedence for prime spaces over parents and toddlers.  My biggest concern, however, was the spiteful way in which the debate degenerated into a triumphalist 'I have kids and you have none' arguement like something you'd see in a school playground. This type of gloating is pathetic and indeed reflects the mentality of those who put Baby on Board signs on the back of their cars. Its just another way of publicly advertising their virility. For instance how many times do you see blokes walking down the High Street carrying an unwrapped bumper pack of Pampers nappies like some type of trophy? I'll bet if their missus asked them to nip out to the chemist and bring them back a pack of ST's they'd run a feckin mile.

Snowed Under

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on October 15, 2007, 06:16:43 PM
God this fairly got out of hand. I'm a parent and I agree with what POG says about mother and toddler spaces. He never said he didn't agree with them, he acknowledges that parents with prams and pushchairs need that bit of extra space,  however its the location of these spaces that grinds his gears and he's correct.  What about elderly people who might not have a disabled badge but are still quite frail. Surely they deserve precedence for prime spaces over parents and toddlers.  My biggest concern, however, was the spiteful way in which the debate degenerated into a triumphalist 'I have kids and you have none' arguement like something you'd see in a school playground. This type of gloating is pathetic and indeed reflects the mentality of those who put Baby on Board signs on the back of their cars. Its just another way of publicly advertising their virility. For instance how many times do you see blokes walking down the High Street carrying an unwrapped bumper pack of Pampers nappies like some type of trophy? I'll bet if their missus asked them to nip out to the chemist and bring them back a pack of ST's they'd run a feckin mile.

If you read what i said you would see that I asked Pintsofguinness had he kids - when he said no I was asking why he was in a position to judge parents.  With his other snide comments I concluded he was either bitter at not having any or just didn't like kids, it seemed the only explaination.

pintsofguinness

QuoteWith his other snide comments I concluded he was either bitter at not having any or just didn't like kids, it seemed the only explaination.
Maybe I don't like selfish parents.   :-\

Orior

Perhaps its already been covered, but what really grinds my gears is low quality engine oil.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Snowed Under

Quote from: hardstation on October 15, 2007, 07:08:37 PM
Mod, you missed a post on page 45!.................... Mod?................................... Mod?.............................. Page 45!
He called him a w-a-n-k-e-r.

Throw out a few 24 hour bans and hopefully it will die down.

Please don't, I don't think I could survive.  ::)

Square Ball

Drivers in the bus lanes when the shouldnt be

pintsofguinness

News Programmes in the morning constantly talking about fat people!  ::)

Yes we know if we eat fatty foods we'll get obese and die, no need to tell us every five minutes.