The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Any thoughts on James Cronin's positive test being ruled accidental because the pharmacy accidentally have him the wrong bag and then he didn't notice the pills he was taking had somebody else's name on the box and bottle and even though they weren't what he was supposed to be taking he just took a load of pills that had a banned substance in them? Accidentally of course.

Milltown Row2

It's a bit like when ya head to McD's drive through, order your Big Mac meal and you drive away to open it up and it's a flipping chick wrap!

You'll just carry on eating it  :)

If they accept that excuse then it's a sham
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Well they have accepted it, and he's been given a 1 month been for his carelessness. His ban is April-May 2020...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2020, 09:33:09 AM
Well they have accepted it, and he's been given a 1 month been for his carelessness. His ban is April-May 2020...

I'd have liked to have seen that evidence

So he's banned while no games will be played? Expect some other cases to be sorted during this period then,

johnnycool

Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2020, 09:20:03 AM
Any thoughts on James Cronin's positive test being ruled accidental because the pharmacy accidentally have him the wrong bag and then he didn't notice the pills he was taking had somebody else's name on the box and bottle and even though they weren't what he was supposed to be taking he just took a load of pills that had a banned substance in them? Accidentally of course.

If that's taken as true then the pharmacy in question should really be in the shit for doling out the wrong drugs to the wrong person.

Surely he'd have read the label, no?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on April 21, 2020, 09:39:16 AM

If that's taken as true then the pharmacy in question should really be in the shit for doling out the wrong drugs to the wrong person.

In fairness I wouldn't know one drug from the next on a label and the names on the labels are very small. But I'd like to see the label in question

imtommygunn

They probably don't drug test GAA refs though...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2020, 09:58:26 AM
They probably don't drug test GAA refs though...

Eye tests would be a start

gallsman

If true the pharmacy should certainly be questioned, although surely from time to time genuine mistakes like that happen.

However, just snaffling a load of pills? That have someone else's name on the box/bottle you don't know the name of? Oil the other one.

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2020, 09:45:17 AM

In fairness I wouldn't know one drug from the next on a label and the names on the labels are very small. But I'd like to see the label in question

You'd just pick up a prescription and start horsing pills into you? Wouldn't check the bottle/box to look at the dosage even?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2020, 10:07:15 AM

You'd just pick up a prescription and start horsing pills into you? Wouldn't check the bottle/box to look at the dosage even?

As an athlete you are responsible for everything goes in your body. There is no exemption.

Ergo, he's responsible completely, albeit on diminished grounds.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 21, 2020, 10:12:26 AM
Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2020, 10:07:15 AM

As an athlete you are responsible for everything goes in your body. There is no exemption.

Ergo, he's responsible completely, albeit on diminished grounds.

Exactly what I thought - irrespective of the litany of mistakes that occurred up until that point he took the stuff.

May also be coincidental it has been released at this time........