Phil Taylor spat on! karl Lacey to offer counseling

Started by Wildweasel74, March 30, 2013, 01:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Just done a copy and paste job of what happened from yahoo.

"These increasingly drunken darts tournaments are an accident waiting to happen. They have been for some time.
The most depressing aspect of a "fan" spitting on the ongoing world champion Phil Taylor before he played in the Premier League in Glasgow on Thursday night was the unsavoury episode.

Spitting on somebody is perhaps the ultimate insult, a disgusting act that no human being should need to stomach. The coward who opened his filthy gob to launch one at Taylor should be banged up for a week to think about his actions. Taylor appeared in shock as the camera quickly cut away from him to focus on what looked like a cross between a football crowd, a lynch mob and some sort of Billy Graham gathering. Darts players waltz on stage like boxers ahead of these matches as Sky have tried to dramatise and popularise the sport. It has worked to great effect in increasing prize money and player profiles, but what they cannot control is the amount of alcohol being consumed on the night. Any semblance of sobriety is also tossed out of the window leaving men like Taylor open to the elements at such primitive events. And open to all sorts of abuse as they make their way onto the stage like prize fighters. It would be interesting to know how many boxers are spat on when they make their way to the ring. Rather than revel in the marvellous skill of these tungsten titans, it would not be ridiculous to suggest the treatment of Taylor and his fellow world champion Adrian Lewis, who is also from Stoke, was probably an anti-English sentiment fuelled by booze in Scotland's largest city, a throwback to the old Scotland-England football rivalry that has faded with the demise of the fixture. Lewis said that he was worried about his safety during a match with Andy Hamilton. "I was shaking. Not because of playing Andy. I just didn't feel safe. Every time you come to Glasgow, it is going to be tough because the crowd don't like me. When they are swearing at you and booing, it's hard."

Syferus

More than anything else it's the free-flowing booze and lad atmosphere that has risen darts up from the grave. It's disgusting that someone would spit on any sports person but in darts this is no clear cut issue.

Minder

It's dangerous having water near a Power supply.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on March 30, 2013, 01:42:26 PM
It's dangerous having water near a Power supply.  I'll get ma coat....

Fixed that for you!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Phil Taylor spat on Karl Lacey to offer counseling? Is my first reading of your post. :P

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Minder on March 30, 2013, 01:42:26 PM
It's dangerous having water near a Power supply.

Possibly the most unfunny post I've ever read in my life.  :-[

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

From the Bunker

Quote from: bridgegael on March 31, 2013, 02:58:01 AM
is darts a sport??

As much as Snooker, Billiards, or Bowls. Like all sports it takes skill, attitude, ability to play under pressure, practice and dedication to be good at it. People who don't think it's a sport are probably snobs!

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"