Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Anyone seen Blinded By The Light?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

tbrick18

Quote from: ziggy90 on October 08, 2019, 01:26:56 PM

Yeah saw it at the weekend.
A bit cheesy, but decent light entertainment. Would make you want to listen to springsteen again. 6.5/10

J70

Quote from: Hound on September 06, 2019, 10:05:05 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 06, 2019, 02:28:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 06, 2019, 02:16:37 PM
The Joker out next month has some decent trailers  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGVQLHvwOY  critics saying it's an oscar worthy masterpiece. Will it live up to the hype I'd wonder?

Phoenix is touted as getting an oscar for the performance. Ledger got one for his previous protrayal of the Joker. Bound to be unusual for two different actors to get oscars for the same character if it happens.

On Quientin.......he definitely is an acquired taste as screen said earlier
Pulp Fiction - good
Reservoir Dogs - good
Jackie Brown - trash
Kill Bill - trash
Unglorious Basterds - trash
Django - trash
I'm not a movie buff and certainly not one to like a movie because it's fashionable to. And, in reference to previous posts, I think anyone who doesn't like Shawshank is just being a knob pretending they don't like it to be somehow above the poor masses.

But I really enjoyed all the above mentioned QT movies, apart from Jackie Brown, which I've never seen.

Django was awesome.

J70

Not yet.

Reviews are mixed.

Being a big Springsteen fan I'll give it a lash when it hits Amazon.

Cunny Funt

The Joker one of the best psychological thrillers i have watched. A great piece of acting by Joaquin Phoenix certainly Oscar worthy.

ziggy90

Quote from: J70 on October 09, 2019, 04:19:29 PM

Not yet.

Reviews are mixed.

Being a big Springsteen fan I'll give it a lash when it hits Amazon.

He's on the Graham Norton Show tonight along with Robert Di Nero.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

nrico2006

What is all these reactions to the Joker about; uncomfortable viewing etc.  Surely its nowhere near half as bad as a lot of other films/tv shows.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 11, 2019, 02:53:03 PM
What is all these reactions to the Joker about; uncomfortable viewing etc.  Surely its nowhere near half as bad as a lot of other films/tv shows.

It's different. Hard to explain without giving a lot of the story away.

People are complaining it's not a true reflection of mental illness and glorifies violence etc. Etc.

It's a f**king comic book film if you're looking for a real depiction of mental illness watch a documentary!!!

clarshack

Seen some negative reviews about El Camino. I thought it was excellent.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: clarshack on October 11, 2019, 10:31:24 PM
Seen some negative reviews about El Camino. I thought it was excellent.

Do you need to have remembered BB Clar?

I watched BB (Loved it) but it's been a while!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

Camino on its own is ok. BB nostalgia makes it seem better.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Breaking Bad isnt over yet??

Is this a follow up or spin off or what?

themac_23

Quote from: BennyCake on October 12, 2019, 12:21:33 AM
Breaking Bad isnt over yet??

Is this a follow up or spin off or what?

Best way to describe it would be as a closure to the Jesse pinkman story, it follows him after the final episode of BB. I must say I enjoyed it. Was a bit thrown by Todd being so fat in it, looked up pics of him from BB and he was about 4 stone heavier lol. But his character was brilliant, really creepy guy, the bit where he's singing in the car is classic BB.

bennydorano

Funny, the singing bit in the car really caught my attention too. Decent film.

themac_23

Just back from seeing the Irishman, hands down the best film I've seen in a long long time, so gripping and some unreal performances, de Niro should never make another film and just go out with that as his last film, it was a master class, the film has everything's it's funny, it's gripping, it's sad, it has it all. The film is like 3 1/2 hours but I seen it in Dublin road and literally 2or3 people left their seats the whole film. Ya couldn't take your eyes off it. My advice is, go see it In The cinema, yoh need the big screen to do it justice, just a fantastic film and has to sweep the boards for awards. Perfection genuine 10/10