Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnybegood

I went to the game last night but I'd have been better off doing something else.
Dublin were shoite!
If every county plays the way Tyrone played last night within ten years there'll be no one in Croker in September never mind March!
Horrible win at all costs for personal glory from certain managers without any concern over the damage they are inflicting on the game!

Max Payne

Quote from: Johnnybegood on March 08, 2015, 10:29:54 PM
I went to the game last night but I'd have been better off doing something else.
Dublin were shoite!
If every county plays the way Tyrone played last night within ten years there'll be no one in Croker in September never mind March!
Horrible win at all costs for personal glory from certain managers without any concern over the damage they are inflicting on the game!

There's an awful lot of hyperbole going on about last nights game. It is no the end of the world. It is not the end of Gaelic football either. Systems come and go.

Also if a team feels they cannot cope with the attacking play of another team to me it makes sense that they plug the holes. Why allow another team oceans of space and be on the end of 10 point hammering?

Redhand Santa

Usual over the top reaction to tyrones tactics. It wasn't a great game but it was still very interesting. I'm sensing a lot of fear for Dublin fans. They were used to stuffing teams in recent years and think counties like tyrone should lie down to their full time athletes. Last year they were the first ever county to crowned all Ireland champions in March April time but it's gone a bit wrong since then.

Would people rather pay in to watch dublin win a non event by 15 points?

Tyrone did get men behind the ball last night but you'd swear in the media and from some on here that they stayed there all night. Tyrone scored 12 times kicked 12 wides a lot of them very scoreable, kicked 5 into the keepers hands and missed a great goal chance. That's 30 good scoring opportunities which is a lot against a top team.

If we can improve our efficiency anything is possible. We dominated that game last night and have only been playing that way for 3 games. A bit of tweaking on the offensive side over the next few months and we'll give any one a game. The tactics suit the type of players we have and the players are showing a lot of heart.

I don't mind the abuse. It's when people aren't talking about tyrone that we need to be worried. For some reason we seem to be up there as the most hated gaa county in Ireland. It'll be some craic with rte if we start getting competitive again.

BennyHarp

Dublin were shoite!

Oh ffs would you ever get a grip and come down off that horse, it's far too high for you. Dublin have learned nothing from getting beaten by Donegal last year and teams know how to set up to compete against them now. If they are good enough Dublin will work it out but until they do, teams will do what they have to do when facing them. Except of course, every team in Leinster who will continue to roll over.
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

To be honest Dublin will be in the last 4 come the end of the year, teams set up the way they do against them because they are afraid of them, Kerry and Mayo be there, don`t think Donegal will, the way they play is too demanding

INDIANA

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 08, 2015, 10:53:41 PM
Usual over the top reaction to tyrones tactics. It wasn't a great game but it was still very interesting. I'm sensing a lot of fear for Dublin fans. They were used to stuffing teams in recent years and think counties like tyrone should lie down to their full time athletes. Last year they were the first ever county to crowned all Ireland champions in March April time but it's gone a bit wrong since then.

Tyrone did get men behind the ball last night but you'd swear in the media and from some on here that they stayed there all night. Tyrone scored 12 times kicked 12 wides a lot of them very scoreable, kicked 5 into the keepers hands and missed a great goal chance. That's 30 good scoring opportunities which is a lot against a top team.

If we can improve our efficiency anything is possible. We dominated that game last night and have only been playing that way for 3 games. A bit of tweaking on the offensive side over the next few months and we'll give any one a game. The tactics suit the type of players we have and the players are showing a lot of heart.

I don't mind the abuse. It's when people aren't talking about tyrone that we need to be worried. For some reason we seem to be up there as the most hated gaa county in Ireland. It'll be some craic with rte if we start getting competitive again.

If you think we're worried about Tyrone you're mistaken. I'd be very worried if I was Tyrone fan. Unfortunately Tyrone fans are still living in 03-08. You've got nothing to worry anyone except 15 men behind the ball

twohands!!!

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 08, 2015, 10:53:41 PMTyrone scored 12 times kicked 12 wides a lot of them very scoreable, kicked 5 into the keepers hands and missed a great goal chance. That's 30 good scoring opportunities which is a lot against a top team.

The thing I can't help but think about the tactics of the blanket defence is that having your attackers, especially your  forwards falling all the way back to inside their own 45 and then breaking forward is going to affect their accuracy in front of goal quite a bit.

The other thing is that for a defence playing against a blanket like Dublin were it's critical not to give away frees, as it makes it so much easier for the opposition to get scores and also allows them to slow the pace of the game down - a side playing a blanket just loves the opportunity to slow the tempt.

The fact that Dublin gave away 26 frees last night show that they have learned very little about playing a side playing the blanket.

rodney trotter

Joe Brolly and his rant about the Cavan being the black death , he was missing the point that it was a Tyrone man who was training Cavan,Peter Donnolly.

Tyrone are now playing much the same  defensive system now Donnolly is involved

Johnnybegood

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 08, 2015, 11:09:19 PM
Dublin were shoite!

Oh ffs would you ever get a grip and come down off that horse, it's far too high for you. Dublin have learned nothing from getting beaten by Donegal last year and teams know how to set up to compete against them now. If they are good enough Dublin will work it out but until they do, teams will do what they have to do when facing them. Except of course, every team in Leinster who will continue to roll over.
it ain't about Dublin winning or loosing! I make the point on football in general regardless of wether Dublin are playing or not! Last years Af was crap and pretty much most of Donegal's games over the last few years have been crap! You can add Monaghan Armagh Tyrone Cavan Westmeath Laois Dublin and Wexford all playing a version of a blanket over the past decade! It's rubbish to watch and will strangle the game similar to the English first division in the eighties which was plagued by the long ball! If I was offered a free ticket to go and see last nights game again I would decline and I've no doubt I wouldn't be alone in my refusal

tyssam5

Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 11:20:36 PM

If you think we're worried about Tyrone you're mistaken. I'd be very worried if I was Tyrone fan. Unfortunately Tyrone fans are still living in 03-08. You've got nothing to worry anyone except 15 men behind the ball

One can only imagine the level of crying if dublin had actually got the beating they deserved if this is the reaction to a draw!

I thought that was interesting, frustrating for Tyrone to miss so many chances though, should have won by at least five.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: INDIANA on March 08, 2015, 11:20:36 PM

I dunno, Indiana, the last 3 or 4 games between these sides have ended in a one point win or a draw.  I'd be plenty concerned if we meet Tyrone in the summer--especially as it seems that in the months since the Donegal loss, we've learned nothing at all about how to counter blanket defences.  In all honesty, if Tyrone had forwards of Donegal's caliber, we'd have been slaughtered on Saturday. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyroneman on March 08, 2015, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: stibhan on March 08, 2015, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
Why do you think he did bad defencively?
Do you think he should have saved that goal?

Gave away a bad free in front of the posts which could have been a black card by handling ball on ground (I'm not sure what the ruling would be on this, anyone?). Seems strange to me that it's not a penalty, but whatever. I think he could have been more centrally positioned before the goal also. His frees, which are meant to be his real positive, were absolutely woeful bar one nice strike and him coming up for the last kick of the game was madness considering his form in the game.

Technical foul in big square  = free
Technical foul in small square = pen

I actually thought it shouldnt have been a foul at all as he struck the ball on the ground which I believe you are allowed to do (or at least used to be).
Im not sure where youar e getting the black card out of?  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NaomhBridAbĂș

100% agree - if half the wides had dropped and we'd won by 5 or 6 then you would have tons ay that the headlines would have been more focused on Jim Gavin rather than Tyrone
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Jinxy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 09, 2015, 08:15:57 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 08, 2015, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: stibhan on March 08, 2015, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2015, 11:21:59 AM
Why do you think he did bad defencively?
Do you think he should have saved that goal?

Gave away a bad free in front of the posts which could have been a black card by handling ball on ground (I'm not sure what the ruling would be on this, anyone?). Seems strange to me that it's not a penalty, but whatever. I think he could have been more centrally positioned before the goal also. His frees, which are meant to be his real positive, were absolutely woeful bar one nice strike and him coming up for the last kick of the game was madness considering his form in the game.

Technical foul in big square  = free
Technical foul in small square = pen

I actually thought it shouldnt have been a foul at all as he struck the ball on the ground which I believe you are allowed to do (or at least used to be).
Im not sure where youar e getting the black card out of?  ???

He was outside the small square.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Johnnybegood

Supposing Dublin had opted for the same tactics as Tyrone wat would the score have been?
1 all
02-01
A 03-02 thriller?