All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

The first of this years championships gets underway in the next couple of weeks, here is my four picks for the provincials and my outright winner,
Dublin
Kerry
Armagh
Roscommon
Champs Dublin.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM
The first of this years championships gets underway in the next couple of weeks, here is my four picks for the provincials and my outright winner,
Dublin
Kerry
Armagh
Roscommon
Champs Dublin.

Cork have 8 or 9 of the team that destroyed Kerry in Tralee last year available again..and will, correctly, be big favourites to beat Kerry in Cork.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

rodney trotter

Leinster starts next week

1. Wexford v Laois 25.2.2015 Bellefield, Enniscorthy 7.30
2. Louth v Carlow 25.2.2015 Clan na Gael 7.30
3. Wicklow v Longford 25.2.2015 Newtowncashel 7.30
4. Offaly v         
5. Winners 2 v Winners 3 4.3.2015 Clan na Gael / Newtowncashel / Carlow IT 7.30
6. Dublin v Winners 1 4.3.2015 Parnell Park / Portlaoise 7.30
7. Meath v Westmeath 4.3.2015 Pairc Tailteann 7.30
8. Offaly v Kildare 4/5.3.2015 Portlaoise 7.30

9. 5 v 6 18.3.2015   7.30
10. 7 v 8 18.3.2015   7.30
Final 9 v 10 2.4.2015   7.30

giveballaghback

My info is Kerry have put in a lot of work with the lads this year and by all accounts are going well, as always there will be a lot of 50-50 games out there and tipp will be in the munster mix as well, any of 3 in connacht, leinster dubs are firm favs and ulster is a minefield, any one of 5. Let the games begin.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 16, 2015, 10:21:25 PM
8. Offaly v Kildare 4/5.3.2015 Portlaoise 7.30

Portlaoise? What is wrong with Gracefield's pitch outside Portarlington?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Farrandeelin

First thread started by this fella and he started it because he knows 'it won't all come down to Mayo' ;) been in the business end of it. Fair dues chief, fair dues.

Reason for the wink isn't because I think we'll pull off one of the greatest shocks ever, but because you hate all things that breathe in Co. Mayo but because you continually harp on about threads leading to things Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Would be surprised if Kerry don't beat Cork. Maybe they were over-hyped last year but from what I saw in highlights and in the AISF they were much more fragile than I anticipated. We should have made easier work of them in AISF, and we would have save for two talented corner forwards and our shoddy defensive tactics.

Anyways, that's a very fine Kerry team and one I can see beating even Dublin in the AISF.

For us, just beat Sligo. Then we can worry about Connacht titles and AISFs.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 16, 2015, 10:16:22 PM
Dublin
Kerry
Armagh
Roscommon
Champs Dublin.

Cork have 8 or 9 of the team that destroyed Kerry in Tralee last year available again..and will, correctly, be big favourites to beat Kerry in Cork.
Was a 4 point defeat last year. Much changed Kerry team now with a pick from 2013 Munster minor and last September All Ireland winning teams. Mayo the same won minor AI 2013 and provincial title last year both will be short odds to win this years U21 All Ireland.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

nrico2006

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 17, 2015, 01:47:42 AM
Dublin
Kerry
Armagh
Roscommon
Champs Dublin.

Was a 4 point defeat last year. Much changed Kerry team now with a pick from 2013 Munster minor and last September All Ireland winning teams. Mayo the same won minor AI 2013 and provincial title last year both will be short odds to win this years U21 All Ireland.

Heres hoping Tyrone sort themselves out this year at u-21, should have as good a chance as anyone.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2015, 07:55:20 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 17, 2015, 01:47:42 AM
Dublin
Kerry
Armagh
Roscommon
Champs Dublin.

Heres hoping Tyrone sort themselves out this year at u-21, should have as good a chance as anyone.

Tyrone should make an impact in Ulster, but I can't see beyond Dublin for the title.

Some amazing players - esp upfront...and they play just like the Senior fellas...some team
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

nrico2006

Dublin will be handy enough but they wouldn't be favourites given the fact that no team has really dominated minor football the past 3 years. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2015, 12:57:25 PM
Dublin will be handy enough but they wouldn't be favourites given the fact that no team has really dominated minor football the past 3 years.

Dublin will be heavy favourites regardless.

Shrewdness

Dublin will be hard to stop, but you can also expect the likes of Kerry, Cork, Galway and Mayo etc to be very strong. The provincial championships will have a real cutting edge due to the lack of a back door system.. Despite what some of the Mayo posters say, they should be very strong contenders being backboned by their 2013 Minor winners.

Croí na hÉireann

The CBs decision not to appoint a specific U21 manager will severely impact our chances of being competitive here.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 17, 2015, 02:26:24 PM
The CBs decision not to appoint a specific U21 manager will severely impact our chances of being competitive here.

I thought they did, and ye didn't like him :)