A rumour from yesterday...

Started by RadioGAAGAA, August 30, 2010, 02:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

I did not see this, but I was told; supporters had a banner on the Hill, said "Down with Fences" on it.

Apparently the stewards had it taken down.

Now, you can have your disagreements with the fences, but if this happened, it is a pathetic action from those in charge at Croke, who in my opinion are getting ideas far above their station.
i usse an speelchekor

muppet

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 30, 2010, 02:51:59 PM
I did not see this, but I was told; supporters had a banner on the Hill, said "Down with Fences" on it.

Apparently the stewards had it taken down.

Now, you can have your disagreements with the fences, but if this happened, it is a pathetic action from those in charge at Croke, who in my opinion are getting ideas far above their station.

Someone should have one next week saying 'Up with Banners' and see what happens.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

swagger

aye a crowd from saval were gonna put the banner up at the top of the hill until the stewarts called in a guard and told them to take it down. The stewart got some amount of abuse when he took it down, all a bit unnecessary!
riiiiiiiiiite

Hardy

The reign of Ayatollah Duffy gets ever more disturbing.

Jinxy

I hope someone smuggles in a hammer the next day and takes care of that nice, shiny perspex.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

JMohan

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2010, 04:46:32 PM
I hope someone smuggles in a hammer the next day and takes care of that nice, shiny perspex.
Oh I'd say there's people planning that!
Not being from Ulster Jinxy you'd not be used to seeing some fans with wire cutters getting onto the field a few years ago!

If Down win I'd not want to be a steward trying to stop them!

Donnellys Hollow

According to a few of my mates that were up on the Hill some Allenwood lads had a banner that said: 'The fence wont keep us Down as JD and Shorty are in town'

One steward spotted it just after the parade and got a few guards up to confiscate it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Banana Man

This is fu*king ridiculous - when did we move to North Korea  ???

It will be interesting to see how the supporters at the hurling final behave, should be a good indicator

boojangles

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2010, 04:37:14 PM
The reign of Ayatollah Duffy gets ever more disturbing.

He's a direct descendant of Colonel Gaduffy of Libya

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 31, 2010, 02:25:40 PM
According to a few of my mates that were up on the Hill some Allenwood lads had a banner that said: 'The fence wont keep us Down as JD and Shorty are in town'

One steward spotted it just after the parade and got a few guards up to confiscate it.

Always Allenwood :D

The security guard was brave though. They could have had a lock of turf up there :D

AZOffaly

downredblack

Heard 2 , one was that Ambrose will not kick another ball this year , the other involves 1 million dollars , I hope to fook both are not true .

maddog

Seen them one year make the lads take down the Garvaghy Rd Orangemen on Tour banner which was draped off the upper deck of the canal end. Think it was the ulster final against Donegal about 5 years ago. A bit OTT really.