The Social Investment Fund

Started by Man Marker, November 18, 2016, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Another SF/DUP carve up. Money for the boys. wink wink.

I find it amazing anyone from a Nationalist persuasion would vote for SF. They terrorised communities with bullets now they want to do the same with political power.

Sweeper 123

so based on what you know about NI who do you recommend people vote for?

Sheugh Water

Quote from: trailer on November 08, 2018, 01:21:26 PM
Another SF/DUP carve up. Money for the boys. wink wink.

I find it amazing anyone from a Nationalist persuasion would vote for SF. They terrorised communities with bullets now they want to do the same with political power.

100%. It has been so blatant in Derry City it wouod make you laugh. Sf basically lining their own pockets.

trailer

This slush fund was setup when Margaret Ritchie cut funding to the UDA via "conflict transformation". SF and DUP set this up. Funds dished out by OFMDFM to Paramilitary linked groups.
Another example of both parties lining their pockets and enriching themselves.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2018, 12:55:10 PM
This slush fund was setup when Margaret Ritchie cut funding to the UDA via "conflict transformation". SF and DUP set this up. Funds dished out by OFMDFM to Paramilitary linked groups.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Raymond McCartney is spinning this one that while the process may have been flawed the actual outcomes were good and referencing eight projects in his constituency, I wonder what they were??

I presume Charter NI are in this mix.

Kidder81

This nonsense has been going on for years, this was Sinn Fein & DUPs first proper orchestrated go at it I would say. It's not accurate to say it was just dishing money out to paramilitaries, it's party workers, family, canvassers etc. They said it was going to be transparent and the steering groups would decide, the steering groups were awash with SF/DUP influence. Sure nothing will happen now, the holidays have been had, the extensions on the houses built. And they will do it again if and when Stormont returns.

If anyone took a look at the money they dish out to each other's "projects" in Belfast Council it would be interesting.

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 09, 2018, 01:16:23 PM
This nonsense has been going on for years, this was Sinn Fein & DUPs first proper orchestrated go at it I would say. It's not accurate to say it was just dishing money out to paramilitaries, it's party workers, family, canvassers, party workers etc. They said it was going to be transparent and the steering groups would decide, the steering groups were awash with SF/DUP influence. Sure nothing will happen now, the holidays have been had, the extensions on the houses built. And they will do it again if and when Stormont returns.

If anyone took a look at the money they dish out to each other's "projects" in Belfast Council it would be interesting.

https://www.executiveoffice-ni.gov.uk/publications/social-investment-fund-zone-projects-tables

Have a look.....

A COI Cathedral in Enniskillen availed, not sure you could say those funds were aimed at an area or need of social deprivation.

Did St Enda's in Glengormley also get some cash out of this fund?

"Increasing
Community
Services
 St Endas/Croi
Enna
Community
Centre
Capital Construction of a community centre comprising a multi-purpose hall, changing facilities and conference and training facilities. The centre will deliver a range of services including before and after schools wrap around services, community classes, mothers and toddlers groups and weekly NEELB endorsed youth services"

Sheugh Water

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2018, 01:10:40 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 09, 2018, 12:55:10 PM

Raymond McCartney is spinning this one that while the process may have been flawed the actual outcomes were good and referencing eight projects in his constituency, I wonder what they were??

I presume Charter NI are in this mix.

No Raymond is Derry City. No charter NI there. They are all available online to view. Most of the projects in Derry went to community groups under SF control.