Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Not being close to the case o don't know what their grounds were. What is obvious is that many were unhappy with an appeal. I'll side with that camp until communication improves over the matter. Wish Armagh luck and get on with it unless there was a significant unfair application of the rules  along the way.

Therealdonald

Quote from: arkle on June 15, 2018, 02:37:31 PM
County board have disgraced themselves twice in the last week. Firstly sacking John Hurson by text because he,s involved in humanitarian work for the Palestinians of Gaza and his face no longer fits. Secondly appealing the result of the U20 semi final, embarrassing behavior, so much for 'Gaelic Tyrone'.

Don't understand why he got the heave ho for Palestine? I know the GAA isn't meant to be political but its not as if he's the first person to show allegiance to a cause or party? Is it not well known that 1 of the County board officials is a big SF man?

skeog

Gaa officials all over have political affiliations to different parties dont see a problem.

ONeill

How big a loss is Sean Cavanagh?

Can't help but think he'd have carried us over the line v Monaghan as well as put Meath to sleep long before the final whistle last week, even yet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on June 15, 2018, 09:37:20 PM
How big a loss is Sean Cavanagh?

Can't help but think he'd have carried us over the line v Monaghan as well as put Meath to sleep long before the final whistle last week, even yet.

Maybe Mickey should give him a ring and recall him to the panel?
That was never a square ball!!

DEL

County board have disgraced themselves twice in the last week. Firstly sacking John Hurson by text because he,s involved in humanitarian work for the Palestinians of Gaza and his face no longer fits. Secondly appealing the result of the U20 semi final, embarrassing behavior, so much for 'Gaelic Tyrone'.
Agreed

longballin

Quote from: DEL on June 15, 2018, 10:06:20 PM
Agreed

Me too

redzone

Can this Hurson man still not go to the games as before. He was doing it on a voluntary role anyway. He could use this opportunity to make it on his own as journalist. Look at Philly mc, how successful his Twitter feed is. For all we know it was more than likely the action of one man from clogher and not the county board.
Half Yous clowns didn't even know the u20 game was on then Yous go into overdrive over something Yous know nothing about. What Armagh done was wrong and as blatant cheating as you would get
Glad they were challenged on it at least

DEL

What did Armagh do wrong??
Was at it and I don't know what you are on about?
Teams need discipline and I'm afraid tyrone didn't have it.
I still think they had the best 15 but ther didn't perform

Goals_Will_Come

Should have been Armagh with 12 and Tyrone with 13. Instead it was 15 on 15. So armagh gained a sizeable advantage.

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone had no business appealing. It was Tyrone indiscipline that caused that melee when they were seconds from victory. If there were questions to be asked the game was the time to do it not after a defeat. Ulster GAA have basically handed Derry the trophy by suspending 10 of the Armagh players. If they didn't need a final played they may have thrown both teams out of the competition.
Living the dream!!!

skeog

Localexpert

Great to see Tyrone ladies winning Ulster today again.... they really are the masters of intermediate football in Ulster  ::)

longballin

Sidebottom doesn't pull his punches with these questions. Tyrone GAA providing more entertainment off the field these days.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44473589