7) If you have one, take your car apart and put it together again
8) Build a flux capacitor
9) Make a list
10) Start a new thread on GAA Board

No 9 is Martin Breheny's job.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."  Attributed to Mark Twain.

Blowitupref

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 18, 2020, 01:35:40 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 18, 2020, 01:17:43 PM
Put up a wee cheap poly tunnel and grow your own fruit and veg. It might come in handy when food rationing is introduced.

Dig up the garden and get the spuds in!
Did that last year and all I got was marble spuds. I had more success growing beetroot and Parsley.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Strength and conditioning.

Get a home routine going. Press ups, lunges squats etc etc.

Stretching as well. Get as flexible as you can.

I am going to get the bike out as well hopefully and keep at the running.

Stay to feck off social media and some threads on here as they are not good for the mental health.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 18, 2020, 04:52:29 PM

Stay to feck off social media and some threads on here as they are not good for the mental health.

We could definitely do with a positive news thread on this alright.

Eamonnca1

I wish I had time to be bored!

If you're into reading, a novel is a good way to take you out of this world and immerse you in something else.

If you're into board games, there are virtual versions where you can play against other people online, like Chess or Words with Friends.

If you're into learning, there's no end to what you can learn online through the likes of Coursera or Udemy. I love The Great Courses, they have academics with real credentials teaching their stuff. I did one of their courses in linguistics and the history of languages once when I had time on my hands. It was a fascinating topic and it killed plenty of time.

I also set myself the task of getting the Lurgan wikipedia page up to the status of Good Article by adding all the necessary information complete with citations. That was an interesting little project, and surprisingly satisfying in the end.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2020, 04:58:30 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 18, 2020, 04:52:29 PM

We could definitely do with a positive news thread on this alright.

Yes, good idea!!

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on March 18, 2020, 04:12:30 PM
Keep a few chickens. Fresh eggs in the morning, and they don't need walking everyday.

The deeds on my house specifically do not allow me to keep chickens. I've no idea why.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dec

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 18, 2020, 05:02:30 PM
I wish I had time to be bored!

If you're into reading, a novel is a good way to take you out of this world and immerse you in something else.

If you're into board games, there are virtual versions where you can play against other people online, like Chess or Words with Friends.

If you're into learning, there's no end to what you can learn online through the likes of Coursera or Udemy. I love The Great Courses, they have academics with real credentials teaching their stuff. I did one of their courses in linguistics and the history of languages once when I had time on my hands. It was a fascinating topic and it killed plenty of time.

I also set myself the task of getting the Lurgan wikipedia page up to the status of Good Article by adding all the necessary information complete with citations. That was an interesting little project, and surprisingly satisfying in the end.

There seems to be a section missing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurgan#Buckfast

macdanger2

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 18, 2020, 04:49:08 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 18, 2020, 01:35:40 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 18, 2020, 01:17:43 PM
Put up a wee cheap poly tunnel and grow your own fruit and veg. It might come in handy when food rationing is introduced.

Dig up the garden and get the spuds in!
Did that last year and all I got was marble spuds. I had more success growing beetroot and Parsley.

Chitting a few spuds at the moment for planting this weekend, it's my first time growing them so hopefully it'll go okay

Orior

I can also source some frogspawn if anyone fancies a French dish or just tapioca.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thejuice

I'm planning on practicing music a bit more and try teach my kids how to play guitar or piano.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thebigfella

Quote from: Orior on March 18, 2020, 07:18:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 18, 2020, 04:12:30 PM
Keep a few chickens. Fresh eggs in the morning, and they don't need walking everyday.

The deeds on my house specifically do not allow me to keep chickens. I've no idea why.

You could relieve the boredom by finding out why 😀