Boredom

Started by Truth hurts, March 18, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

I still in work at minute thankfully but my evenings are hateful now. My whole free time revolved around sport and especially gaa. I do not have a great attention span for netflix etc but i have them so would be open to good shows. I am single at the minute so tinder is out the window due to social distancing. After a few days I find myself totally bored and need tips to keep  the head right. I have planned on a run as soon as I home tonight. I think a lot of people will be in the same boat for the foreseeable future.

Frank_The_Tank

Good podcast or Book also an option.  Some good sport to watch back on, on YouTube as well - watched the 2008 AI Final again the other night,  Also re-watched Ireland beating NZ in the rugby.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

GetOverTheBar

The AFL starts tomorrow morning. Some can't stand it, but....the alternative is not there. With the inside mark coming in, could be useful as a forward to watch how their guys move.

Some good sporting Docs off top of my head I can think of you might not have seen -

"Weight of a Nation" - All Black Documentary from 2007 World Cup Exit to 2011 Victory, excellent show.
"ROG" - Ronan O'Gara Documentary, another great show. Although some weren't keen on O'Gara I personally loved him.
"The Wounded Tiger" - On AFL side Richmond Tigers
"Pumping Iron" - It's on Netflix, on Arnie before he made it. Bit cheesy and trashy but somehow interesting none the less.
"Chasing Great" - Story of Ritchie McCaw
"Fittest on Earth" - Another Netflix one, about the Crossfit phenomenon. Some engaging stories even if I don't really get into the craze of the sport.
"Icarus" - Netflix, ended up a great documentary by accident - on Russian doping, give it a go.

Of course all the usual GAA ones

Jimmy's Winning Matches
Marooned
The Laochra Gael series (on TG4 Site - some of them anyway - The Kieran Donaghy one recently was great.)
Crossmaglen - Field of Dreams
Toughest Trade Series

Orior

1) Keep a diary
2) Write a novel
3) Research your family tree
4) Learn a new language
5) Write a letter to someone
6) Take up art
7) If you have one, take your car apart and put it together again
8) Build a flux capacitor
9) Make a list
10) Start a new thread on GAA Board
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TheOptimist

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2020, 12:01:39 PM
The AFL starts tomorrow morning. Some can't stand it, but....the alternative is not there. With the inside mark coming in, could be useful as a forward to watch how their guys move.

Some good sporting Docs off top of my head I can think of you might not have seen -

"Weight of a Nation" - All Black Documentary from 2007 World Cup Exit to 2011 Victory, excellent show.
"ROG" - Ronan O'Gara Documentary, another great show. Although some weren't keen on O'Gara I personally loved him.
"Pumping Iron" - It's on Netflix, on Arnie before he made it. Bit cheesy and trashy but somehow interesting none the less.
"Fittest on Earth" - Another Netflix one, about the Crossfit phenomenon. Some engaging stories even if I don't really get into the craze of the sport.
"Icarus" - Netflix, ended up a great documentary by accident - on Russian doping, give it a go.

Jimmy's Winning Matches
Marooned
The Laochra Gael series (on TG4 Site - some of them anyway - The Kieran Donaghy one recently was great.)
Toughest Trade Series

This all felt very propaganda like to me. I wasn't convinced it was as real as it lets on to be. It was very convenient to say the least.

All or nothing on prime. Think the NFL ones are great, finished of the Panthers, Cowboys and Eagles and now watching the Michigan college one. Once you get over the whooping and hollering it is a very good insight to the physology etc involved.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 18, 2020, 11:27:15 AM
I still in work at minute thankfully but my evenings are hateful now. My whole free time revolved around sport and especially gaa. I do not have a great attention span for netflix etc but i have them so would be open to good shows. I am single at the minute so tinder is out the window due to social distancing. After a few days I find myself totally bored and need tips to keep  the head right. I have planned on a run as soon as I home tonight. I think a lot of people will be in the same boat for the foreseeable future.

Dunno what your situation is, but if it suits - you might want try to learn something or do something around the house. Examples being:

If you work in an office that uses excel, learn vba.
If you always wanted to try to learn Irish (assuming you don't already), no better time to look at online resources.
If you always wanted to give the bathroom a coat of paint, well, free evenings now.

i usse an speelchekor

BennyCake

Put up a wee cheap poly tunnel and grow your own fruit and veg. It might come in handy when food rationing is introduced.

armaghniac

Quite a few classic games on TG4 player and more to come.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on March 18, 2020, 01:17:43 PM
Put up a wee cheap poly tunnel and grow your own fruit and veg. It might come in handy when food rationing is introduced.

Dig up the garden and get the spuds in!
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TheOptimist on March 18, 2020, 12:38:17 PM

Jimmy's Winning Matches
Marooned
Toughest Trade Series

This all felt very propaganda like to me. I wasn't convinced it was as real as it lets on to be. It was very convenient to say the least.

All or nothing on prime. Think the NFL ones are great, finished of the Panthers, Cowboys and Eagles and now watching the Michigan college one. Once you get over the whooping and hollering it is a very good insight to the physology etc involved.

I got the same feeling, all very convenient. To me, they are all doping but the Russians got the wrap for it. Still a decent show though.

OgraAnDun

Truth hurts

imtommygunn

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2020, 02:09:05 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on March 18, 2020, 12:38:17 PM

Jimmy's Winning Matches
Marooned
Toughest Trade Series

I got the same feeling, all very convenient. To me, they are all doping but the Russians got the wrap for it. Still a decent show though.

All fell into place since Coe too. Load of shit. Ethiopia should be banned too if they're doing things right. It's just cheap political points scoring.

BennyCake

Keep a few chickens. Fresh eggs in the morning, and they don't need walking everyday.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on March 18, 2020, 01:17:43 PM

Or grow some weed and chill out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B