American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 01:46:34 AM
QB's 1 & 2 in the draft. Good QB's this year and will be interesting to see if the start.

Some think Winston could be another Ryan Leaf if he doesn't cop himself on.

Jets will have some defensive line next season. It was already good before the draft pick.

gallsman

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 04:26:59 AM
Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 01:46:34 AM
QB's 1 & 2 in the draft. Good QB's this year and will be interesting to see if the start.

Some think Winston could be another Ryan Leaf if he doesn't cop himself on.

Jets will have some defensive line next season. It was already good before the draft pick.

Or JaMarcus! There was a photo of Winston about six weeks after the national semi final game and he was utterly huge.

stew

Winston will be a bust in my opinion, he is a fantastic talent but unless he matures he is going to go the way of Leaf!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Muck Savage

Quote from: stew on May 01, 2015, 01:47:11 PM
Winston will be a bust in my opinion, he is a fantastic talent but unless he matures he is going to go the way of Leaf!

Agreed
Can't understand why these teams don't take character into account as much as they should. This guy does not like to work and is going to blow up.

gallsman

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 02, 2015, 03:10:13 AM
Quote from: stew on May 01, 2015, 01:47:11 PM

Agreed
Can't understand why these teams don't take character into account as much as they should. This guy does not like to work and is going to blow up.

Obviously a bigger deal with a first rounder but teams can make it work the way they structure the contracts. Look at Aaron Hernandez for example. When he was drafted, he slipped down to the fourth round I think and the Pats gave him a contract that was heavily back end loaded and subject to tests and check ups etc - he had to walk the straight and narrow (he presumably did for a bit...) before the real money started kicking in.

Jell 0 Biafra

Spurs Clippers headed for game 7 tomorrow night.   Doubt we'll see a better series for the rest of the playoffs.

Oraisteach

Bulls 99. Cavs. 92 in Cleveland.  Not looking good for the wine and gold

Club Rossa

Good start for Chicago but Cleveland are well capable of winning back home court advantage.I do think we will see a game 7 in this series.

gallsman

I still think they'll make it too.

Devastated to see my beloved spurs bow out. Fair play to the Clippers as I didn't think they had the balls but CP3 and Blake in particular really stepped up for them. Expect therm to get past the Rockets in 5 or 6 and then who knows against GSW (their series is a foregone conclusion)?!

Oraisteach

The only positive I take from the Cavs loss is that LeBron played poorly (turnovers!) and they still had a chance to win.  Kyrie Irving made some astounding buckets.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on May 05, 2015, 10:23:26 AM

Devastated to see my beloved spurs bow out. Fair play to the Clippers as I didn't think they had the balls but CP3 and Blake in particular really stepped up for them. Expect therm to get past the Rockets in 5 or 6 and then who knows against GSW (their series is a foregone conclusion)?!

That was some win for the clips last night after 1 days rest compared to the Rockets 4, in Houston and most importantly without CP3

gallsman

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 05, 2015, 04:45:40 PM
The only positive I take from the Cavs loss is that LeBron played poorly (turnovers!) and they still had a chance to win.  Kyrie Irving made some astounding buckets.

Kyrie has really stepped up this year after a bad start and a scolding from Lebron. I didn't think he had the player he's become in him at all. He might just have the best lay ups in the game at the minute.

Cleveland need to find something to unclog the lane with Love out. Going small with both JR and Shumpert playing as a dual wing threat would open it up a bit.

Quote from: gawa316 on May 05, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 05, 2015, 10:23:26 AM

That was some win for the clips last night after 1 days rest compared to the Rockets 4, in Houston and most importantly without CP3

1 days rest after a series that probably won't be matched for intensity until the finals too! Griffin really putting it up to some critics. Crawford getting healthy is huge for them and Redick has been really good the last few games. Unfortunately, without CP3 back soon, they'll be going no further.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on May 05, 2015, 05:59:09 PM

1 days rest after a series that probably won't be matched for intensity until the finals too! Griffin really putting it up to some critics. Crawford getting healthy is huge for them and Redick has been really good the last few games. Unfortunately, without CP3 back soon, they'll be going no further.

I think they'll win this series in say 5/6 and will then come up against the Warriors who will put them to the sword.

Agree on Griffin, everyone was saying he was a choker after the first few games of the spurs series but he's really stepped up in the last 3 or so games.

J70

Both JR and Shumpert are unreliable as hell shooting though. JR could hit 30 three nights in a row, then 8 for the next five. He is also immature and does idiotic things that end up in suspension and/loss of form e.g. his tweets, his elbow on Jason Terry or tying the laces of that player last year. Not the smartest player either and too liable to shoot first from stupid positions, which is not to say he is not talented. I loved Shumpert as a Knick for his defensive prowess, especially steals, but his shooting was never great.

Minder

Wonder will Duncan retire or keep playing. One of the best ever. If he had a bit more help in that series the Spurs wouldn't have needed to play a Game 7.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"