American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 03, 2012, 10:49:22 PM
No that is next season I beleive.

More imporyantly it is back on channel 4 for the late sunday games.

No turk is correct, nothing in place yet, mind you they usually announce it a day or two before the season starts, they are leaving it late though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Feherty gets a bad rap, I find him enjoyable. He is indeed full of bullshit, but he was also and is also very talented and has fought his fair share of demons. I watched an interview in which he and Tom Watson shared a very poignant recap if how Watson set him on the road to recovery.

What's wrong with his comment about licensed manslaughter? Hurling's a tremendously skilled game, but at first glance you could be forgiven for thinking its a game for only the hardiest, or craziest of people? I seem to recall a tongue in cheek post about Aussie rules going viral in our small community. Same kind of approach.

He's paid to bring something fresh to the commentary of the golf, and I for one am glad of him. His interview show on the golf channel is tremendous. that said he sails close to the wind at times and managed to ostracize the big easy last year over a comment about Ernie's putting right after Ernie had missed the last chance to qualify for the masters. Ernie was very upset and labeled him a "shock jock". Feherty apologized publicly first chance he got.

Capt Pat

You are right. Not very professional is it I assumed with 2 days to go they would be negotiating next years contract not this years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/01/nfl-tells-uk-fans-tv-update-is-coming-tuesday-at-the-earliest/

Channel 4 is back on.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 04, 2012, 12:09:41 AM
You are right. Not very professional is it I assumed with 2 days to go they would be negotiating next years contract not this years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/01/nfl-tells-uk-fans-tv-update-is-coming-tuesday-at-the-earliest/

Channel 4 is back on.

Do Sky only secure the NFL contract on a yearly rolling basis?

Because I remember before the start of last season that Nick Halling left their NFL coverage to do boxing instead as he didn't know whether they were going to show the NFL again.

magpie seanie

Lads - what does NFL Gamepass cost and is it available in Ireland? This Sky thing has me worried....

Did I hear that ESPN America will be carrying the Thursday night games?

AZOffaly

Sounds like Sky will be sorted out alright. If you go to NFLUK.com there's a forum there with a few lads that seem to be in the know.

AZOffaly

Sky Sports has been awarded a new three-year deal for live American Football, providing viewers with over 60 live NFL games a season including the International Series game at Wembley Stadium, the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

The agreement takes the partnership between Sky Sports and the NFL into its 20th year with coverage across TV, mobile, online and tablet devices.

Beginning with Wednesday night's season opening clash between the Dallas Cowboys and Super Bowl champions New York Giants, Sky's coverage for the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons will comprise:

•             REGULAR SEASON: Two live prime time fixtures every Sunday kicking off at 6pm and 9.15pm, three Thanksgiving Day clashes, plus regular matches on Thursday nights.

•             PLAYOFFS AND SUPER BOWL: Live coverage of every wild card, divisional and Conference Championship playoff match, plus live coverage of the annual season ending Super Bowl.

•             SUPPORT PROGRAMMING: The NFL's RedZone score update show every Sunday of the regular season available via the red button, NFL Total Access twice a week and watch out for news of exciting new regular season midweek coverage.

NFL coverage on Sky Sports is presented by Kevin Cadle, who will be joined during the season by studio guests including Neil Reynolds and Cecil Martin.  Sky Sports News HD will also provide up to date news, views and previews throughout the season while skysports.com/NFL will offer extensive gridiron coverage.

Speaking about the new agreement managing Director for the NFL UK Alistair Kirkwood said: "We are delighted to extend the relationship between the NFL and Sky Sports into its twentieth year.  Through their coverage the game has attracted many new fans in this country, and we look forward to another three seasons of excellent coverage of including the International Series matches at Wembley and the next three Super Bowls."

Kevin Cadle said: "This new deal is great news for NFL fans in the UK:  primetime coverage of two matches on Sunday evenings, RedZone, the International Series and Super Bowl all for the next 3 years!  We start our new season with some great games: last season's Super Bowl champions New York Giants at home to the Dallas Cowboys, then the Indianapolis Colts who include No1 draft pick Andrew Luck away to the Chicago Bears and on the following Thursday we get our first look at the St Louis Rams who will be coming over to the UK for the International Series in October.  There are so many ways for NFL fans in the UK to keep up with what's going on including RedZone during our live match coverage, the Total Access Show, and fans can let us know what they think about the game using our Twitter page @SkySportsNFL."

Confirmed games to be shown so far are:

September
Week 1              
Wed 5 Sep         Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants      Midnight    Sky Sports 1HD
Sun 9 Sep      Indianapolis Colts at Chicago Bears     5.30pm    Sky Sports 2HD
Sun 9 Sep      San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers    9.15pm    Sky Sports 2HD

Week 2              
Fri 14 Sep      Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers     1.00am     Sky Sports 1HD
Sun 16 Sep      New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers    5.30pm    Sky Sports 3HD
Sun 16 Sep      Washington Redskins at St Louis Rams    9.15pm    Sky Sports 3HD

turk

Great news! Well done to Kevin Cadle and all the team

the Deel Rover

Match on tomorrow night fecking mighty  :)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

Great stuff - Bears first two games on live as well.

Capt Pat

Who cares about Rupert Murdoch getting richer and more powerful. It would have ended up on free to air tv eventually if not sky. You sports junkies just need your fix even if you know it is bad for you in the long run.

Capt Pat

Cowboys beat the Giants last night 24-17. It was a well deserved win as the Giants didn't really threaten much on offense. Romo did well and Ogletree was the star receiver for the cowboys and had a breakout game with 2 TDs and over 100 yards.

The Giants won't make the playoffs at this rate, they have a really tough schedule and can't afford a typical post superbowl slump.

J70

It's one game ! They'd a really tough schedule last year after losing to the Redskins first day put.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"